Denime

Been wearing my 1951 the whole week and only now after all this time I’m owning them, I noticed that they don’t have raised belt loops. I know my (new) Denime 66XX also don’t feature that detail. I’m going to check my other pairs once I can put my hands on them.

It’s not that I like them less now but it’s somehow strange that this simple and widespread feature isn’t present on a brand like Denime (from what I can tell at this state).

Been wearing my 1951 the whole week and only now after all this time I’m owning them, I noticed that they don’t have raised belt loops. I know my (new) Denime 66XX also don’t feature that detail. I’m going to check my other pairs once I can put my hands on them.

It’s not that I like them less now but it’s somehow strange that this simple and widespread feature isn’t present on a brand like Denime (from what I can tell at this state).

After reading b_F's last post (,and other posts such as the one on rawrdenim forum) I was wondering:  Are there certain machines that creates the raised belt loops. Machines like (maybe) this one?

RIVER-1024x718.jpgSource: Roy Denim

I also saw some pictures of belt loops with a thread inside them as extra reinforcement. I don't think that only these are considered as raised belt loops, or am I wrong here?

You are right. Raised belt loop is when the middle is raised. I think adding a thread in there is some kind of "cheating". There machines that press the denim in form just before it get stitched up. It's done to save the threads for exposure of abrasion as they are imbedded deeper into the denim. But I think you know that already :D

You are right. Raised belt loop is when the middle is raised. I think adding a thread in there is some kind of "cheating". There machines that press the denim in form just before it get stitched up. It's done to save the threads for exposure of abrasion as they are imbedded deeper into the denim. But I think you know that already :D

Seriously dude, you are serious a denim encyclopedia! 

Thanks for explaining and the extra information. I knew what they were, except for the 2 questions I asked above. I din't know the thread inside was 'cheating'.

Thanks!

I first saw Ande Whall using a thread inside the belt loops and he also used it inside the hem. It was a very thick and strong looking thread so I think it surely added durability to the belt loops. What the purpose of his thread inside the hems was....I don't know :D

Reinforces and strengthens them. White Horse Trading Co use them in their hems too.

EDIT: I was referring to their use in belt loops too, didn't read your post properly BF. I have no idea why they're used in the hems either.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

This arrvied today via proxy (the shipping from Suto to me was faster than the shipping inside Japan :D )

Wasn't in the vacuum bag anymore

9507740765_f14dd49f9d_z.jpg

9510529042_45fcbb8113_z.jpg

The patch

9510526884_4ca0f11e9a_z.jpg

Rounded rivets

9510523032_0ed359abb4_c.jpg

9507725507_be9ddeeeb1_z.jpg

Denim color is hard to capture. But it is quite light

9510516240_61151e39fa_c.jpg

9510513530_20383f7de1_c.jpg

And I found this intersting patch on the pocket bag. Anyone know about that factory? :)

9510532360_5d22c35dce_c.jpg

I soaked them yesterday, let them dry in the sun and they were quite rigid after the soak/dry-cycle. Even standing on their own.

Put them on this morning and just took some fit pics. They are quite tight and need some stretch and I think they will never see the inside of a wasshing machine. Only gentle hand washes as I don't want to shrink them too much.

(Motivation to lose my love handles... :D )

9516118184_f8ae947fe4_z.jpg9513325085_b173756eb6_z.jpg

9516114886_906555823f_z.jpg9516116594_2b150e17c1_z.jpg

The denim got a nice crunchy feel to it after the soak. Definitely more rigid afterwards. The indigo is lighter and I think the TCS 60s denim looks a bit similar. The denim is an oxidized one, just like Warehouse did it, to recreate the deadstock look.

Nice purchase BF & fit should be really nice after some wear, just curious.. did you pay alot for those?

Seen a few but all really expensive. :P

Edited by rustygoose

Yep they were expensive. A tad more than the original retail price which was already quite high for a pair of "ordinary jeans".

Those 20th anniversary cam out when I bought my first pair of Denime jeans (for the contest back then, and hopefully I'll get them back in 2 days :) ). It's like "coming home" again ;)