Denime

On 8/3/2023 at 5:28 PM, MJF9 said:

@beautiful_FrEaK that denim is definitely appealing so I was curious... alas the 52s would be too small / a crush post wash so will pass. Maybe the seller will split them if they don't sell as a pair

@Bobbo how are your 37s coming along pal?

10 years later I check in to see this, haha. Sorry mate for the late reply. Still got the 1937’s and could sort out some measurements (really should post that stuff on the blog…).

Like b_F says the raw measurements was pretty much tag size so they’ve been too small for me since 2015 or so. But now they fit again as I’m down to a 31 waist now. Beautiful pair of jeans, could never bring myself to sell them.

I received my Lot 221, in length 30, which corresponds to a length 33 before washing. I noticed something interesting, the direction of the twill is opposite on the white part of the selvedge. As on my Resolute 710, the same for lot 220. On my Levis 501 the twill is in the same direction. Do you have any information on this particularity? I made a diagram.

DENIM_SELVEDGE.jpg

@beautiful_FrEaK I also noticed that the TCB 50s and 60s had this particularity ↘︎↗︎↗︎↘︎ of the direction of the twill. This is probably why the train tracks are so marked on the resolute. Did you have with your 220 a strong marking of the buttonhole like on the Resolute? Do you know how to get this?

42 minutes ago, CharlieMike said:

Did you have with your 220 a strong marking of the buttonhole like on the Resolute? Do you know how to get this?

No my 220 don't have a very pronounced button fly fade. This is surely affected by the shape of the buttons and probably the tightness of the hip/crotch/fly area. My 220 are looser in this area than my 710 for example.

16 hours ago, unorthodox said:

Gave the 221 another warm soak, air dry and got a bit more shrinkage but not overly noticeable. I'm typically a 33 in most Japanese denim but opted for a 34 in this cut just to not have something too snug on my waist. 

Overall, this cut fucking rules. 

DSC04139.JPG

hi, are those clarks? thanks~

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

No my 220 don't have a very pronounced button fly fade. This is surely affected by the shape of the buttons and probably the tightness of the hip/crotch/fly area. My 220 are looser in this area than my 710 for example.

Ok thank you. This is one thing I really like about Resolute.

19 hours ago, unorthodox said:

Gave the 221 another warm soak, air dry and got a bit more shrinkage but not overly noticeable. I'm typically a 33 in most Japanese denim but opted for a 34 in this cut just to not have something too snug on my waist. 

Overall, this cut fucking rules. 

DSC04139.JPG

These actually started close a 35 waist and shrank down to about 33 but quickly stretched out to about 34.