Denime

I would compare the measurements Denime posted on their site. They are pretty accurate, if I remember correctly. I only own a Denime XX1951 from teh shins era, also in size 34 like my Denime XX from the new era. The Denime XX from the new area fits a bit looser but has still some shrinkage left

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to break out my new 66XX today. Bit tight in the thighs at first, but loosening up now, praise The Lord. This shot is straight out of the closet.

One of my biggest regrets, after getting married, is not getting a pair under the old management but I think that these are lovely.

photofeb13075824.jpg

Or maybe not to right cut for your body type (no offense)

this is how my looked right after the initial soak

new66XXpostsoak.jpg

and after a couple of months

P1040401.jpgP1040402.jpg

they had one real handwash but no real machine wash and to be honest, I don't think I will ever wash them in a machine...maybe too much shrinkage might occur

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Decided to break out my new 66XX today. Bit tight in the thighs at first, but loosening up now, praise The Lord. This shot is straight out of the closet.

One of my biggest regrets, after getting married, is not getting a pair under the old management but I think that these are lovely.

those are too tight, i can see your moose knuckles easily.

Or maybe not to right cut for your body type (no offense)

Agreed. Got a little bit of a can on you Mr Biely, and the taper of the 66s exaggerates it. I think you could get away with that tight of a top block, if the legs were wide from the thigh down (like the XX). The narrower the leg opening is, the bigger things up top look.

I've got some XX's and always struggled with the wide hem. Hence I've had them tapered.

I think that after a whole day they've relaxed a lot more. Will give it another couple and see how it goes. BTW what is a can?

They've been through two machine washes at the start, so I think that's that's the shrinkage out of the way and can work from here.

Thanks for the imput though.

Groove- any closeup shots that show the repair work? good fit pics btw!

Thanks. Here ya go. Considering how effed up things looked before, I was very impressed.

IMG_1878_zps8f684fde.jpg

You can see all the stretching and shit is from my fatness warping the fly. IIRC the damage was all the way through. Here's the spot on the flip side:

IMG_1877_zpsda79f688.jpg

Which side seam got blown out? You can probably tell, but it's a pretty damn good job.

IMG_1890_zps6d696b6a.jpg

IMG_1882_zps73e5ec04.jpg

In the words of Doc Brown: "Damn-damn!"

IMG_1895_zps5ae240ef.jpg

So when I was taking these macros, I noticed the spot underneath the repair starting to blow out. I'm thinking I'll take it to my local tailor and see if they can't just reinforce that spot, but that just rots chunks. Ah well, maybe I'll just keep on truckin' til they blow out completely.