Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JDelage said:

That's a big crown on that [little] watch.

I love them, but do wish they were bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tender jacket, IH shirt, FW pants, Grand Seiko...,

 

C1468E94-70B5-4B8F-B9EC-701CB57DD006.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I miss the OG dials! Beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is an OG dial? I love that GS. It's one of my best watch purchase; I'm not getting tired of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OG = colloquial term for "original gangster" (or "old guard" in my book) referring to the original "SEIKO" dial!


Recent pick up; new 34mm Oyster Perpetual:A4D0DECF-C4CF-43E3-AE76-C45B2E3A0842-11568-000005A0C7153850.thumb.JPG.4d89ff85f0d67eb0de0e9ab40d1523c3.JPG

 

These were actually slimmed down in 2020 from the last gen which was closer to a 35mm. These are decidedly smaller at near 31mm but I wanted to go all in on a smaller size this time around. Couldn't be happier. Of note, the new 34s feature a Syloxi (silicon) hairspring which is a first for steel models (was only used in Pearlmaster and Yachtmaster models prior) and are non-magnetic among other properties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aho nice pickup! Still feel like 36mm is the best size for this watch but the double batons are such an eyesore compared to this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goodrain said:

@aho nice pickup! Still feel like 36mm is the best size for this watch but the double batons are such an eyesore compared to this one.

Agree, I'd recommend the 36 for most as the new 34 really does wear smaller than even the photo shows (but something I 100% was going for). That said, I personally prefer the single sticks as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aho said:

OG = colloquial term for "original gangster" (or "old guard" in my book) referring to the original "SEIKO" dial!


Recent pick up; new 34mm Oyster Perpetual:A4D0DECF-C4CF-43E3-AE76-C45B2E3A0842-11568-000005A0C7153850.thumb.JPG.4d89ff85f0d67eb0de0e9ab40d1523c3.JPG

 

These were actually slimmed down in 2020 from the last gen which was closer to a 35mm. These are decidedly smaller at near 31mm but I wanted to go all in on a smaller size this time around. Couldn't be happier. Of note, the new 34s feature a Syloxi (silicon) hairspring which is a first for steel models (was only used in Pearlmaster and Yachtmaster models prior) and are non-magnetic among other properties. 

Lovely. I've been searching for a 39mm OP black stick for a couple of months, but the Rolex market is so screwy right now. I've decided to wait for the madness to calm down (if it ever does). I got a PAM 915 instead. But I do love that OP black dial. So simple and beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Really like the look of the OP aho, I’ve been enjoying my Sub quite a lot and wearing it daily. 
I don’t know if I’ll ever dip my toes into Rolex again though, at least not in the current market. It’s bonkers. I would like to get a rhodium dial/white gold jubilee bracelet DateJust one day. I’ve been looking at Grand Seiko a lot lately too.

Edited by Broark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, persco_ said:

Lovely. I've been searching for a 39mm OP black stick for a couple of months, but the Rolex market is so screwy right now. I've decided to wait for the madness to calm down (if it ever does). I got a PAM 915 instead. But I do love that OP black dial. So simple and beautiful.

I feel you, the 39's were such a sweet spot for most, it's a shame they got rid of it (even if the new 41's fit fairly similarly). Good stuff with the PAM though!

 

10 hours ago, Broark said:

Really like the look of the OP aho, I’ve been enjoying my Sub quite a lot and wearing it daily. 
I don’t know if I’ll ever dip my toes into Rolex again though, at least not in the current market. It’s bonkers. I would like to get a rhodium dial/white gold jubilee bracelet DateJust one day. I’ve been looking at Grand Seiko a lot lately too.

Good thing is you don't really need anything else with that Sub as a daily :D

I wish I had the wrists for GS, but ultimately I had to move on since the sizing just didn't work out for me. At this point I'm looking at the 34-38mm max range and there aren't too many GS options within that. Owned the SBGR053 which was a black sunray 37mm, but was a bit too thick and no screw down crown so I passed it on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SLA019 over PBJ Ai...

 

 

79DC64FD-28E4-4D8B-AEFE-C4B1CC78E039.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to join @Broark on the 41mm Sub wagon :D
 

 

803CAC0C-8104-47B8-8892-9B3DE72DAC02-53495-0000184ECB4CA8DD.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was it necessary to get both? I guess the fact that you can wear them and still sell them for more than retail was part of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, goodrain said:

Why was it necessary to get both? I guess the fact that you can wear them and still sell them for more than retail was part of it?

I'm afraid my rationalization is entirely idiosyncratic and won't make sense to anyone else :D

To put it simply, the Submariner is my favorite watch, and I've always wanted both a date and non date iteration. I do intend to keep both and have no interest in selling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, aho said:

I'm afraid my rationalization is entirely idiosyncratic and won't make sense to anyone else :D

To put it simply, the Submariner is my favorite watch, and I've always wanted both a date and non date iteration. I do intend to keep both and have no interest in selling!

Makes sense! And I guess with the update this year there are plenty of other small differences as you pointed out in your IG post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another evening with the Grand Seiko. Loving that 62GS case!

 

D7A52565-124C-44A0-9346-9364126C45A6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, evisu 2000 said:

so little omega love in this thread:unsure2:

Funny you should say that because I'm fantasizing about the newly announced De Ville Tresor these days...

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-de-ville-tresor-co-axial-master-chronometer-small-seconds-40-mm-43553402111002

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-de-ville-tresor-co-axial-master-chronometer-small-seconds-40-mm-43553402110001

I wear a Seamaster 300M a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New watch day, here with the Tender light weight crossweave from a couple year back - perfect pants for our >80F day here in Seattle!

 

IMG_6662.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

Edited by JDelage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing fancy here 

 

19C5E27D-19D0-46FE-8B95-11A0C147C39B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sold my Seiko SLA019 and Oris Carl Brashear to get the GS SBGH255. It sits well on my 7” wrist.

 

5622C820-DA4C-4D4A-A070-BD5AF3C64EBF.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey y’all! Sorry, too hot for denim right now :mellow:

Breitling Colt 41. This is my favorite piece so far. 
 

So much AR! Please excuse fingerprints/smudges. 

700AF394-230B-4A43-9EE5-E65015F2D297.jpeg

DCDB2929-7A14-4FBA-A504-9B48AEB8A121.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Picked this up as a gift for graduating from paramedic school. 
Marathon and CSF. 

A59EDD87-A1D5-4F16-9A33-D1870E55B4E6.jpeg

Edited by eeejayaich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks gents. Covid extended school by 8 months and it feels good to be done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What do you guys think about this piece? Reissue of the original chronomaster. Manual wound sellita bi compax movt, no faux lume, actually very impressed with the quality. Wears pretty much like a vintage piece in terms of sizing, though I believe the bezel is 39mm across. Still trying to decide to keep or not, thus the sticker still on the crystal. Dial is pretty damn small. 

7D8F70BC-976F-4FA9-8D2C-096096CE883C.jpeg

DA83D75A-9F4D-4727-AD6C-64C3D51BB045.jpeg

6ECEAA49-09AF-49D7-9569-CEC01102EA36.jpeg

Edited by SuperJackle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of the look and what the brand is doing but haven't been brave enough to pull the trigger just yet. How is the build quality etc so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now