Jump to content
Flash

Conners Sewing Factory

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

^ Flash, is this the same denim as on the 1946 first half?

It is indeed , if you look back in the thread you'll see my old 46 pics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ It's a great denim, no doubt.  Love the '46 first half and may have to try the WW2 at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your about a 36 in Conners I think @dudewuttheheck is selling some , otherwise your looking at a year plus wait if he takes your order 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Thanks Flash, saw that.  I'm a 38, but not in a hurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 6:41 AM, dudewuttheheck said:

1922 Jeans

xLTKScL.jpg

 

 

 

 

The yoke and butt are wrong handed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

The yoke and butt are wrong handed

And the belt loops aren't made with a lighter fabric as they should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An exact reproduction of a pair shoddily made by Levi’s 98 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The yoke is fine but your right about the back seam there Duke 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

An exact reproduction of a pair shoddily made by Levi’s 98 years ago.

:laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dudewuttheheck said:

And the belt loops aren't made with a lighter fabric as they should be.

There’s actually a few issues - but the denim looks superb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flash said:

The yoke is fine but your right about the back seam there Duke 

 

Aye, thanks mate - just said in my best strangled English ... it was just the back seam I was talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only other major mistake I see here is the wrong type of buttons being used .... and possibly they should be all yellow stitching ?? 

I have no idea why he made these early 22 repros as they just seem to be more of a general pre 36 mash up .  I know they have been made again in recent batches but as far as improving the errors I have no idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably nit picking by adding button placement on the waistband and pocket shapes - but added to the back seam, thread colour and belt loops, then your pre-36 mash up is a good description (and much like my FW jacket criticisms)

I think WWII was his niche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pictures I've seen seem to have all yellow stitching and this pair didn't. They've been sold anyway :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

The pictures I've seen seem to have all yellow stitching and this pair didn't. They've been sold anyway :P 

Well received :D

20200923_112011.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 5:52 PM, Flash said:

Only other major mistake I see here is the wrong type of buttons being used .... and possibly they should be all yellow stitching ?? 

I have no idea why he made these early 22 repros as they just seem to be more of a general pre 36 mash up .  I know they have been made again in recent batches but as far as improving the errors I have no idea 

I think he is reference to thos one

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6CGI4OJXh_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@silencejoe I've seen this pair before mate and imo there not a 22 , there probably post 27 or there abouts because of the buttons 

If these were the pair that Jake's pair was based off then there was a few things missed as well . I think Jake's pair was one of the first "22 type" jeans he made ... a bit of a sample pair if you like ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flash said:

@silencejoe I've seen this pair before mate and imo there not a 22 , there probably post 27 or there abouts because of the buttons 

If these were the pair that Jake's pair was based off then there was a few things missed as well . I think Jake's pair was one of the first "22 type" jeans he made ... a bit of a sample pair if you like ??? 

Thanks Flash, it is super fine for me :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Duke Mantee I’d rather have the Fw 20s jeans. Just remove the suspender hardware :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@Duke Mantee I’d rather have the Fw 20s jeans. Just remove the suspender hardware :) 

Naturally - FW are so much better than CSF ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Naturally - FW are so much better than CSF ...

Well, CSF doesn't even make leather jackets so I'm with ya there ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudewuttheheck said:

Well, CSF doesn't even make leather jackets so I'm with ya there ;) 

:laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...... bet he thinks it's the coolest he has ever looked , poor fella 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now