Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Congratulations on their safe return Max. What repair/alteration did you have done to them?

EDIT: never mind nizzel, I hear it's only a short working day in Sweden anyway so the adjustment won't be too bad! :)

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Got caught in the rain with my jacket on and it just went to shit. I also started a new job where I am continuing my carpentry apprenticeship, yada yada yada here's the jacket. Pants will probably get a wash tomorrow as well, so pictures sometime soon for that.

One thing I find interesting is the tightness in combs from my left to right arm, not sure why it's like that tbh

6YzKuNJ.jpgrpAXrbJ.jpg9B8OcTa.jpgUs8bOqP.jpgHrM3ket.jpgp4w9gJg.jpg

Edited by bradl

Hi all,

Update on the progression of my Steel Feather SF0121's.

I took them on an Interrail trip through the south of France and some cities in Italy:

Nimes
DSC01756_zpswnpctlx6.jpg
MarseillesDSC01818_zpsoifl9uvr.jpg
DSC01911_zpsasjnsugg.jpg

Nice
DSC01960_zpstyrbqnir.jpg

Got my back tattooed in my WH but don't have pictures of it. So far the progress on my jacket, might be the last wear of the year.

SDlXi5P.jpg

@Max - of all the cool and great things denim floating around here lately, this jacket remains my favorite. I love it!!! 

Edited by mpukas

Did he hand or machine wash? It seems the dye on that type of IH cloth rubs off very easily, so I'd stay away from a  top loading washing machine with a central agitator. Front loader on a hand wash cycle and no spin (to prevent any creases in the fabric that would rub and loose dye) should be fine. Hand wash would be safe too, I assume. 

It's definitely one of the cooler pieces IH has made. I really dig the double back pleats and buckle. 

He's from the US, so a top loader could be possible. We don't have that here, my machine is gentle and I would use the wool or cold wash program without spin, as I don't want any shrinkage. Might put it in a sack to be sure there's no weird creasing.

The fabric and the Details are awesome on that jacket. Not sure wether everybody likes the fast fading fabric or not - but it is fun to watch.

Edited by Max Power

The canvas on your jacket, although it theoretically is a simple weave, seems to yield some atari fades. awesome. very promising when i think about my 816dd....

and its really funny how dark all of your jeans are still, with one or two exceptions only, compared to my already light blue denimes'. will post another picture after their latest wash, but this will take some time as i am rotating them now.

He's from the US, so a top loader could be possible. We don't have that here, my machine is gentle and I would use the wool or cold wash program without spin, as I don't want any shrinkage. Might put it in a sack to be sure there's no weird creasing.

The fabric and the Details are awesome on that jacket. Not sure wether everybody likes the fast fading fabric or not - but it is fun to watch.

on this topic, does a top load or front load washing machine matter?

cause the background is i'm really particular about washing my clothes. eg. i only hand wash my tops and tee and i never put them in the washing machine. 

so i've only ever washed my denim with a front load back home. and now moving to perth and living with my aunt, she has a front load. and i've been rather paranoid about washing my denim in there. i guess i'm quite a bitch particular when it comes to washing my clothes.

on this topic, does a top load or front load washing machine matter?

Short answer, yes.  Long answer, depends on the make and model.  

After spending a decade with a front loading Whirlpool, and switching to a top loading Speed Queen, the latter definitely gets my clothes cleaner by using a lot more more water (and probably more agitation).  Can't control spin speed on the Speed Queen (could pick high, med, low, none with the Whirlpool), so I've tried permanent press or delicate cycle on my jeans to get the lowest spin speed.  Spins them a little more than I'd like, but so far so good.  

Much happier with the job the Speed Queen does of cleaning my clothes.  With the Whirlpool it felt like the clothes just got progressively dirtier over time.  

Edited by setterman