WAYWT destroyed my life (2014)

fokken

Ok, either message me or talk here, i don't get whats up

enjoying the art form as intended by the artist, whats to disagree?

It's like using soap as face wash,

its harsh and leaves something to be desired

it was made to be used a different way and it won't be as it should be,

Difference between easily making your own undercover ethnic rider and having the real thing

it's not the way its supposed to be its a copy/distortion/adulterated version

Difference between easily making your own undercover ethnic rider and having the real thing

this statement is in direct conflict with one of your many previous statements that happen to be right after another. it just sounds hypocritical. referring to your argument that you wear clothes how you like, not how they might have been intended to. this thread was better when it was still WAYWT not "what does sundance have to say today"

Edited by Kaf

At the ethnic comment, though I'm personally in the process of getting one myself, theres nothing wrong with making your own. In reality a lot of Jun's early designs are reworks of various cultures garments with his added artistic touch. While making a rider inspired by Undercover's ethnic may not actually be an ethnic, it's still a sweet leather jacket and potentially even cooler as it's DIY. 

i don't know how a mandem proclaims to be an authentic london fashionista when he looks like he rolled through rakuten with duct tape on. 

i personally hate any authenticity arguments but lets not be fronting here. do what you want to do if you want to do it, don't get into arguments over fabric and feel like you are better because you live somewhere with a slightly higher percentage of fashionable people.  

Edited by potatoecam

idk what he was even trying 2 achieve w that tho... does he think he's the only person on sufu who lives in a large metropolitan area & that it somehow gives his opinion more credibility?

i just don't get how every argument somebody makes can b littered w so many contradictions... u say shit like 

PS i get that i am a bit of a prick but i don't pretend to have authority i don't 

then go telling ppl their way of listening 2 music is wrong..

& wtf you doing posting shit about 'potentially one of the most interesting releases this year' in music forum

youtube is degrading to all music and you probably haven't heard the music out and about on a sound system and your so abstracted from it's intended audience..

it would be fine if you took a humble interest in fashion/music considering your abstraction from it,  but you don't you act like you know shit

Wait, are you talking about this post?

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/22763-grime-post-future-dub-funky-step-step-dom-dom-dom-dom/?p=3075078

I'm sorry, but did you actually fucking listen to it? I agree that a lot of Grime, in fact a lot of music, is entirely different in its intended club environment, but I added the word "experimental" for a reason, it's a pretty radical and abstract taken on Grime, and it's not danceable at all.

Really, this sort of Grime is definitely intended for home listening, it's like saying Aphex Twin or Squarepusher should only be enjoyed in the club because they take influence from Drum n Bass (among other things). I'd make the comparison that this is like Bebop (more complex musical forms, more intended for home listening) to Grime's Swing (basically dance Jazz)

Really, how is this any better "out and about" than on a decent home set-up? Better subwoofers & speakers maybe, but it's not a club record.

we live in a time where we are free to enjoy art noncommittally anyways, and the argument is that personal affectations and observations hold more water than an author's intentions.  

However, on second thought, you aren't really even discussing this issue but rather trying to maintain an air of superiority through your own perceived "authenticity" to the original medium.

I'm definitely not griping over listening to Beethoven without getting a symphony together.

i really don't intend to argue with fashion people, but a lot of clearly abstracted people with more time for internet i.e. schad and deus could be a little more humble when their only experience with discussed art forms are adulterated ones

y not elaborate on yr description of  me as clearly abstracted w/ more time for the internet? when that apparently i should be alittle more humble when my only experience with discussed art forms are adulterated ones?  l 

you have the gall to place my moniker with that of deux-deux?  i do not care for his like, he and everyone knows this.  i'd be a tad insulted had this come from someone of any actual worth. 

but let's be clear about your assumptions.  if you are using ""abstracted" people in a proper and more conventional way i definitely don't see why you'd describe me a such.  what makes you think my experience with various "art forms" discussed here are adulterated?  i've wiped my boogers on certain garbs u consider grails before they were even grails.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Since we're all talking about Deux, why would u own/purchase a down vest if ur in Malaysia. Aren't u sweating ur balls off enough with that climate? Pretty much know it's like 70-80 all year cuz I visit Singapore often. Off topic but I'm itching to know.

Well, really because I liked how it looks when I bought it at the time. It's a S/S piece, and the down fill is pretty light, and after being in Malaysia for 5 years, I'm used to the climate, so I can wear it comfortably here the same way I can wear a blazer or a Mackintosh. Either way, a lot like Singapore, most of the places I go are air-conditioned, so I can really wear most of what I want, despite the temperature outside.

It's for sale anyway  :P

Well, really because I liked how it looks when I bought it at the time. It's a S/S piece, and the down fill is pretty light, and after being in Malaysia for 5 years, I'm used to the climate, so I can wear it comfortably here the same way I can wear a blazer or a Mackintosh. Either way, a lot like Singapore, most of the places I go are air-conditioned, so I can really wear most of what I want, despite the temperature outside.

no h8 but that shit still comes off as stupid.  it's like alota white dudes walking around in tokyo during the winter with only t shirts and jeans (alota people kno what im talkin about).  i used to go outta my way to ask them if they weren't cold.  they'd always say they were ok and do their best to act tuff when they were clearly shivering. even if they weren't actually cold, shit was/is an eyesore.

tbh tho you have carte blanche to wear like silk robes and a sword or w/e but here you are chasing after sartorialist looks

idk feels like you're blowing an opportunity to get sufu kids thirtsy about malaysian looks because you're lusting after the life style of white ppl who have like lofts and leisurely bicycle to art jobs in apc jeans

tbh/tbf the internet fashion community rly needs some impetus for summer looks and absolutely does not need any more pics of dudes wearing four scarves and coats on jackets on sweaters on a stack of tissue jersey tshirts

Edited by madame twerq

tbh tho you have carte blanche to wear like silk robes and a sword or w/e but here you are chasing after sartorialist looks

idk feels like you're blowing an opportunity to get sufu kids thirtsy about malaysian looks because you're lusting after the life style of white ppl who have like lofts and leisurely bicycle to art jobs in apc jeans

I know that post is definitely tongue in cheek, but I'm neither Malay nor muslim, so I feel like wearing a baju melayu and a songkok or whatever would be at least a bit disrespectful.

Besides, I could be wrong but I'm p. sure that a man wearing silk robes is haraam anyway

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

no h8 but that shit still comes off as stupid.  it's like alota white dudes walking around in tokyo during the winter with only t shirts and jeans (alota people kno what im talkin about).  i used to go outta my way to ask them if they weren't cold.  they'd always say they were ok and do their best to act tuff when they were clearly shivering. even if they weren't actually cold, shit was/is an eyesore.

yo.... is there a story behind this or it this just a bizarre social phenomenon? i love the idea of these dudes struggling to find any good outerwear to kop in tokyo lol