What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

really nice jacket for the money

No shit, I've recently (real recently) spotted this very same jacket listed on ebay for $135, the only difference.... an "RRL" label instead of the "Polo Country". I'd rather not mess with ebaying it and besides I'd rather see it go to one of you guy.

selling my Power House chore jacket if anyone is interested...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2090175#post2090175

There's a chore jacket thread here, you might want to cross post this there as well.

Ok, since there is a shortage of fit pictures for the LVC jackets, (and because I have dreams of becomeing a post whore eventually) here's my recent aquisition.. a 507 type II from Feb'00. Supposedly it was bought out of the the SF store in 2000, immediately soaked, worn once and put away until now. It's very dark (more so than the pics maybe) and does still have a quite starchy feel to it. The buttons and label are marked 822... which factory is that, anyone know? Everyone's alway saying how these jackets have a boxy fit, and I always thought that sounded like a bad thing but on the contrary, I really dig the cut alot. Hopefully these pics will highlght the fit. A word on sizeing, this jacket is marked a 44 and apparently has shrank down quite a bit because in most jackets I'm between a 40 and 42. If buying new I probably would have screwed up and got this in a 42, I thought this thing was going to be huge on me, but it really couldn't be any better. As a matter of fact I've spent countless dollars on leather jackets (flight jacket repros, indy jackets, etc.) and have never had one fit as well as this one I don't think. Anyway I'm syked and wanted to share.

lvc5075.png

lvc50713.png

Texas Tuxedo

lvc5076.png

• 2 weeks later...

this just came in couple days ago from singapore:

jrra68.jpg

helmut lang silk denim type III

beautiful sheen (especially on the underside with the visible weft) and a soft hand to the denim,

fabric weight between a shirt and a jacket.

would probably be interesting to catch a still-raw piece of this, to see what the silk denim feels like when crisp.

Man am I gonna have some items to add to this thread next week when I get home! Went a bit crazy a couple of weeks ago on ebay buying a bunch of Denim Jackets hoping to find the perfect option. Won't be home until next week to look them over. I'm sure after deciding I will post a few up in the Supermarket. To be continued...

just picked up more mall brand shit.

got gaps "sherpa lined" denim jacket. normally $88, marked down in store to $46, online it said it was $34, cashier rang it up and said it was $24.99, AND they were having a 40% off all sale items.

so 14.99. i couldnt pass it up.

anyways, i'll have fit pics and some fun breaking cheap shit in. sized up one so i can wear stuff under it.

Hey I just noticed that Cultizm has LVC 1936 Type I jackets again. They have a blanket lined one and a regular rigid one. The sizeing puzzles me though... S,M,L,XL as opposed to 39-46. What's that all about? The typeII 507xx I got a few weeka ago from year 2000 is marked a size 44, so what's with the s,m,l,xl stuff? Anyway, the reg rigid one is only available in XL... but believe me, when it comes to these jackets, that would not be all that big. I lust for one of the blanket lined ones!

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p254_Levi-acute-s-reg--1936-506xx-TYPE-I-BLANKET-LINED-JACKET.html

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p124_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1936-TYPE-I-JACKET-RIGID.html

Doug C,never bought a tee in S/M/L/XL? L normally is 40-42,so your 507 is a XL(extralarge)according to LVC.i bought one of the 506 rigid ones 2 years ago,that xl is a stockleftover off that run,and believe me they do run large.i wear a 42/L in most jackets but Dejan told me to get the M-and right he was.

Doug C,never bought a tee in S/M/L/XL? L normally is 40-42,so your 507 is a XL(extralarge)according to LVC.i bought one of the 506 rigid ones 2 years ago,that xl is a stockleftover off that run,and believe me they do run large.i wear a 42/L in most jackets but Dejan told me to get the M-and right he was.

Of course I have bought garments in s,m,l,xl and I usually wear a L in most things however in the 507xx I take a 44 which as you point out is considered an XL. Now sure this thing would have fit me like an XL when raw but not so after the soak (see above pictures). It now fits like a 42, but as I said it's labeled a 44. I'm an athletic built 5'10.5" and 180... that's not an XL build, not by todays standards atleast. But the point of the matter is that you've missed my meaning entirely... I was asking WHY the s,m,l,xl instead of useing the size numbers (36-46)? My assumption is that originally in 1936 the numbers would have been used, again this is just an assumption.. I thought the letters came about much later. Is that not right?

WTF,36-38-40-42-44-46: six different sizes.

s-m-l-xl: 4 sizes= lower production costs.

So, is this just a case of LVC not giveing a damd and doing as you're suggesting to lower prod cost or what? This seems unlikely, after they used the numbered sizes on the year 2000 production. Maybe it's a japanese production run? .... Cultizm mentions aquireing the blanket lined ones from a Tokyo dealer or something like that. But still, why would they use letters?

RRLselvage.... a very fine collection of denim jackets, you got to have some money wrapped up in that little stash. Do your LVC ones have both letter and number sizes? Thanks for posting the pics!

Maybe someone will have a difenitive answer as to what Levis used originally (not LVC) for sizeing.. again my assumption is numbers. I figure that buying a jacket that's meant to shrink the numbers would be easier to judge a post shrinkage size than what letters would, if for no other reason than because there are fewer of them as almostnice pointed out. And if that's the case then kudos to LVC for getting it right for a while then shame on them for screwing it up on these latest jackets.

Anyone interested in a vintage Lee 101LJ stormrider? this guy has two - this late fifties/early sixties model in a sz 46, and a deadstock sz 48 from the mid-late sixties. Fantastic condition !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-LEE-101J-STORMRIDER-DENIM-JACKET-SIZE-46_W0QQitemZ160393051014QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item25582bbb86

• 4 weeks later...
cimg5135h.jpg

I have the same non-LVC, non-selvage Type I bought at the Levis store in SF about 3 years ago. I asked the sales rep when I bought it if it was STF and he asked another sales rep, and they asked another and so on. The answer was "Yes, it was STF" but I don't have much confidence in that. I've soaked this jacket once in cold water and noticed no shrinkage, for what it's worth. It fits me nicely as is, so I do not want any extra shrinkage and I do not plan on doing a hot wash.

Does anyone know where to cop one of these? Can't seem to track one down on the net.

705070040-2.jpg

That's the closest I can find. If that's the best I'll find, it looks like it's a bit looser of a fit, or is that because of the angel of the picture and size of jacket?