What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

^^ that one looks well loved... is it Big E or little e?

Also, why did you roll up the sleeves?

yes it is a LVC (big E) type 3! its actually a test pressing for the LVC drome rider jacket! so you wont see another one exactly the same anywhere, as for the rolled up sleeves- it was pretty hot out that day and those jeans are 24oz denim!!! hot hot hot!!

how long do you have the pair? not very long IIRC. there's already a wallet fade coming up

yeah about a month i guess! i went on a camping holiday for a week, so they got some heavy wear then! i put up a lot of pics on the samurai thread, they are showing some nice electric blue now!!

• 2 weeks later...

x-post from apc thread:

thanks to double dip day i finally had an excuse to pull out my apc denim jacket. i had been meaning to post pics of this thing for a while. as you can see by the tag it is pretty old and it has an interesting mesh lining throughout, presumably to keep the indigo from transferring to your shirt underneath. this has never been washed and the denim feels to me much nicer than what is found on the jeans the last few years. i don't see many of these posted so enjoy.

DSCF4584.jpg

DSCF4590.jpg

DSCF4589.jpg

DSCF4588.jpg

DSCF4587.jpg

DSCF4586.jpg

DSCF4585.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

watch folding those cuffs though. I bought an old wrangler once (I think I posted it here) and I had to sew up both cuffs because someone always folded them and they both blew out....

I´m in the market for a Type 3 Jacket, denim should be 13oz at least .

Iron heart is an option. Flat Head is too expensive. SDA is sold out, unfortunately.

Did anyone recently buy a Jacket and checked some other brands?

Links would be very helpful.

Thanks

Last weekend I shared some photos of myself wearing a vintage pleat-front denim jacket to work. A couple people expressed interest in it, so here are some more photos.

Here are fit pictures, unfortunately a bit out of focus:

I usually wear it like so. Dig the super-low pockets:

IMGP6925.JPG

And sometimes button all the way up like so:

IMGP6930.JPG

IMGP6931.JPG

As you can see the front is lower than the back; i guess this matches roughly with blue jeans, which tend to be higher at the back and lower at the front. For this reason, it always looks better with shirttails tucked in:

IMGP6932.JPG

IMGP6933.JPG

In all of those previous photos, you can see a little white blob moving around on the collapsed wooden table behind me. That little white blob was this guy:

IMGP6939.JPG

I put him back on a tree.

after that intro, here are detail shots:

Placket, pleats, and right pocket:

IMGP6953.JPG

Reverse, with selvedge edge:

IMGP6952.JPG

Same details on the left placket:

IMGP6959.JPG

IMGP6958.JPG

I think this jacket must have been a budget option back when it was made (which I estimate as mid-sixties at the very very earliest). Notice the false "rivets" that hold the pleats--really just a little blob of satin stitching. The denim is lightweight and spongy.

Even so, it has great buttonholes:

IMGP6960.JPG

And solid interior double-chainstitched contruction:

IMGP6957.JPG

Although one seam has slipped, unfortunately:

IMGP6956.JPG

Here's an indigo thread from that frayed edge:

IMGP6972.JPG

I'm sure everyone knows this, but here's how fading works: tightly wound cotton threads are dyed in indigo. They look blue:

IMGP6977.JPG

But the dye doesn't penetrate all the way through the threads. So as the surface of the thread wears away, and the threads loosen, the cotton-white center of the thread becomes visible:

IMGP6978.JPG

I´m in the market for a Type 3 Jacket, denim should be 13oz at least .

Iron heart is an option. Flat Head is too expensive. SDA is sold out, unfortunately.

Did anyone recently buy a Jacket and checked some other brands?

Links would be very helpful.

Thanks

I would recommend a Sugar Cane SC11962, just for the price. At least 14oz. and great quality. Mine was a size 42, but it fits more like a 44, so you might want to size down one.

Hey Aztec, i recommend the Iron Heart type 3. Its is truly amazing and outstanding. you will never need another one in your LIFE!!!!!

The sugarcane is a very good option, thanks.

Don't really like the ande whall though.

About the iron heart: what about shrinking on these? There's a German shop offering them. Maybe i'll order it and return, if I don't like the fit. Any sizing recommendations?