Trophy Clothing

BlackPig

New addition to my Trophy collection.

Storm Vest.  Very warm and kinda stiff ATM which I hope will soften with wear.  The material is a combination of wool, cotton and I believe moleskin.

emwx.jpg

^^ There are a few stores on Rakuten that stock Trophy Clothing - no need to proxy.  Move clothing stock more items than others.  The Storm Vest I recently ordered from Black Dallas.

I should state that I am not getting any commission from stores on Rakuten. 

I asked Egawa-San to send me some pictures of both of their denim types after they have been broken in, as they are VERY different when new.

The first one is their flagship Dirt Denim, this is a very loose weave, rough, slubby and hairy with a great variation of colour and the weft clearly visible. Absolutely full of character and charm, similar to the old style Samurai Jin denim.

When fully broken is it gives this amazing vintage fade, not the high contrast you see with some denims, just a beautiful authentic all over fade.

Dirt_zpsb11808a4.jpg

This second one is called Garage Denim, it is smooth and hard when new, weighing in at a little over 15oz and is one of the very few "Kibabta" loom state denims still produced. This is a definite shrink to fit, but has a feel and texture quite unlike most other raw denims.

When fully broken in it also gives an amazing vintage fade pattern, Egawa-San has used only denims which will fade in this way as he is a huge fan of vintage, rather than sharp contrast fading. I feel the same way.

Garage_zps3afddb24.jpg

Hopefully this gives you more of an insight into what the Trophy denim will become with some wear.

I received a pair of the Trophy Garage Denim to check out today, this is the the raw "kibata" loom state denim, slimish straight cut with a Talon zipper.

The following pictures were taken by me earlier to illustrate the difference between the two Trophy indigo denims....

DSC_0301_zps57ed3b3f.jpg

Dirt Denim on the left, Garage denim on the right.

DSC_0302_zpsf8806e95.jpg

Dirt Denim

DSC_0304_zps455e8128.jpg

Garage Denim

DSC_0306_zpsc8f66495.jpg

Dirt Denim

DSC_0308_zps8c4858dc.jpg

Garage Denim

DSC_0313_zpse08c8092.jpg

Dirt Denim

DSC_0314_zpsd21d6559.jpg

Garage Denim

DSC_0318_zps2ccf04b2.jpg

Both

And onto fit pics....

Garage Denim

DSC_0320_zps150e51bd.jpg

DSC_0321_zpsef6079d4.jpg

DSC_0323_zps0b29081d.jpg

DSC_0324_zps44d29470.jpg

DSC_0325_zps1718e13d.jpg

Dirt Denim

DSC_0326_zps5ec34911.jpg

DSC_0327_zps2db847a2.jpg

DSC_0328_zps79fb112c.jpg

DSC_0330_zps35a6cd22.jpg

/emporergav01/media/HWDC2/Product%20Shots/DSC_0329_zps948e1794.jpg.html]DSC_0329_zps948e1794.jpg[/url]

Might take a while for the post soak fit as we need this pair for photos and promotions etc But will get around to it as soon as possible.

Thanks HG, my preference is for the Dirt Denim, but both are absolutely stunning, great denims and really versatile cuts with superior detailing.

Thanks man, I need to get back on the blog, been so busy with other stuff that it always slips my mind. I'm actually going to write a piece on these denims this week, and got a piece to do on a leather supplier I'm working with too (Tush Kawakami of Yokohama).

Another Trophy Denim, this is their "Blackie" denim and it is, well.......black. The texture is more like the Garage denim, but like Dirt Denim it is one washed, so not much shrinkage left in it at all.

The warp threads are dyed black, the weft are dyed with a brown cast dye meaning it should fade with a slight brown tinge to it.

BK1_zps935f5f84.jpg

BK3_zps7512b8e9.jpg

BK2_zpsc1d888fe.jpg

BK4_zpsaab31bfa.jpg

So tempted to cop a pair. A guy came into my work place completely in Trophy Clothing maybe 4 months ago. I had no clue what it was when I asked him. He was decked out in one of the jackets (can't recall at all) and a pair of the overalls w/ the knee thingies.

@Mega: Is the 1605 a straight fit? Also are the overalls more of a relaxed fit?

1605 is a (very) slightly tapered straight fit, basically as straight as you get with Trophy, the overalls are a little more relaxed fit.

The strange thing I find with Trophy is that the difference between the majority of their denim fits is not huge, but it can make quite a difference, there is a real science behind how Egawa-San structures each kind of fit with just the slightest of alterations to make maximum impact.

That was a quick reply. Did your dirt denim stretch a lot? I want to go TTS (36), but the thigh isn't as loose as I want it to be.

this denim looks awesome, would love to see some fit pictures. Considering to get for next my purchase

Another Trophy Denim, this is their "Blackie" denim and it is, well.......black. The texture is more like the Garage denim, but like Dirt Denim it is one washed, so not much shrinkage left in it at all.

The warp threads are dyed black, the weft are dyed with a brown cast dye meaning it should fade with a slight brown tinge to it.

BK1_zps935f5f84.jpg

BK4_zpsaab31bfa.jpg