Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

Can't wait to get my Baker's order in..I'll have to wait a little longer, due to missing two weeks of work.

I'm going with the Natural CXL. I need help with the sole configuration. I want a rubber half outsole, if I go with the double mid, would a mini lug half look out of place? Would the comp. half be a better bet? Also I'm tall, about 6'5", I'm considering going 1/4 lower on the heel, any issues with that along with my other sole specs? I'm just concerned the standard heel will make me even more freakishly tall in appearance. ;)

Mega, does 1 extra competitor really make a difference? BM is a proven poster and a stalwart of the Sufu community. In addition, his WL boots will provide a welcome alternative to some of the US footwear which will probably be sported by the majority of contestants,

Martin, everything you say is true, but there are around 15 guys who also want in and I am still getting mails. My time is limited, the HWDC takes up most of it, that is exactly why I limited this comp.

I am a huge fan of BM's posts, and what you say about him is spot on. I would love to have him in the contest, but if I did then I would have to open it up to everyone else who mails me. More people equals more questions, equals more time spent answering those questions, which equals my wife not being a happy bunny that I spend yet more time at my laptop.

Edited by Megatron1505

I understand Mega and I'm not trying to tell you what to do, you're the one running this and putting all your time and effort in, not me. I just hope that if anyone drops out, BM is at the top of the reserve list!

The contest is more improved by one regular poster than by a dozen lurkers.

Totally fair to keep that in mind when you're dealing with dropouts and backups, I think. There will definitely be some dropouts.

Agreed, and it will be kept in mind.

@Maynard + hallows: tnx for your support. i've been away on vacay, so ALL is fair ... you snooze , you lose :)

Okay I feel bad now and could offer my place in the comp

I am a beginner so I will not add as much to the competition that some regular would I will keep enjoying my boots anyway

@brownmetallic if you want my spot just PM me and I will PM Mega

tnx for the offer, but imo you have as much to offer as every1 else in the contest. it does not matter if you're new. in the spirit of the competition, all that's expected of you is to keep posting up your progress ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

After much thinking, and drinking, and realising that adding an extra few people won't exactly make this contest any harder to organise (as I'm not really organising anything new), I am opening the contest up to a further 25 people. Come get some.

I know this is a big ask because everyone is as giddy as a schoolgirl at a One Direction gig but...

On 4th May could everybody taking part post just one pic of there competition boots with a brief discription, No other Q,s for that 24hour period?

The thread would look beautiful with 50-75 pairs of boots all posted one after the other, Its a rare opportunity to take advantage of this situation, and it will become great resource material in the future.

Just saw tan french calf was added as a toe cap leather option, now I'm torn between that and burgundy chromexcel.. anybody have 2 cents to chime in? obviously they're very different, so I'm mostly interested in how they'll wear, if that's a reasonable question?

I'd love to see somebody wear in the burgundy chromexcel. I saw the pair posted on this page of styleforum http://www.styleforu...ts-thoughts/630 and fell in love. The brass eyelets and tan leather laces look great.

I'd love to see somebody wear in the burgundy chromexcel. I saw the pair posted on this page of styleforum http://www.styleforu...ts-thoughts/630 and fell in love. The brass eyelets and tan leather laces look great.

Mine are a combo of the burgundy cxl with the upper shaft in black cherry water buffalo. I hope I chose wisely. I did go with nickle rather than brass.