Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

I'd love to see somebody wear in the burgundy chromexcel. I saw the pair posted on this page of styleforum http://www.styleforu...ts-thoughts/630 and fell in love. The brass eyelets and tan leather laces look great.

That pic won me over, CXL it is! It helps that they're configured exactly how I plan on getting mine.

It's 2 years man, a couple of weeks won't make too much difference.

That's how I see it as well. I had to take a few weeks off work, the loss of pay sucks. It was to cover my boots, jeans, belts etc. Now I'll be forced to burn some of my bonus, but I'll have to wait another week to order.

Kwaker- Fantastic, i think we need to see more of thee non-hyped, under-represented brands on this. I love me some Whites, but this isnt a "who can thrash some whites the best" contest. I get the feeling its turning into that.

^Anyone who thinks this has absolutely no business being in the contest, as they will look quite foolish in their ruined $450 boots.

Luckily, I don't have that feeling at all. I feel that people know that this contest is about wearing their boots in with genuine care, and watching them evolve beautifully.

Just placed my order with Baker's.....Now the wait begins!

Looking forward to the next few years with these!

Baker's Custom Bounty Hunter by White's Boots

Counter Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Height 6", Midsole Double, Heel Base Standard, Last Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter), Steel Toe No Thanks, Upper (Shaft) Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Toe Cap Medallion Toe Cap, Toe Vamp Leather Natural Chrome Excel by Horween, Top Rolled Top, Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Leather Liner Red, Pull Loops Leather Pull Loops, Size - Width D (medium), Lace Design Plain Toe, Sole Vibram Composition Half Sole, Toe Cap Leather Color Natural Chrome Excel, Edge Natural, Heel Lifts Standard, Size - Length 10.5

Whites makes boots for wilderness firefighters, i.e. they are built to be worn every day, in hot, dry, dusty conditions, caked in mud, drenched in water, doing hard physical labour.

Even under these conditions, a pair of White's should easily last a couple of years and resoles with proper care. I'd be impressed if somebody who works behind a desk and checks into SuFu twice a day could thrash a pair of Whites in the duration of this contest.

If I wore my incoming pair to work everyday, hell even just for a few days during certain jobs, I'd destroy them. Climbing steel structure, standing in water and mud at the bottom of manholes, and working inside the oil tanks of huge 120,000volt circuit breakers would definitely not help my boots age well.

I'm sure I'll wear them to work occasionally, but only for certain jobs, and I'll keep another pair of work boots in my work truck in case I have to do potentially destructive work.

I don't get where the "who can trash some White's the best" impression came from...I didn't get that impression anywhere in this thread, and wouldn't have joined, and dropped $500 on custom ordered boots if I had.

Has anyone seen White's Red Dog Smooth in person? I love the Red Wing colour Oro Russet and want a close approximation for my White's. Red Dog was Kyle Baker's opinion, but wouldn't mind getting a second (and more!)

Has anyone seen White's Red Dog Smooth in person? I love the Red Wing colour Oro Russet and want a close approximation for my White's. Red Dog was Kyle Baker's opinion, but wouldn't mind getting a second (and more!)

I have some false tongue's of it at home. I can try to take some pics this evening if you are interested. But to answer your question, its pretty close to the oro russet color, although I feel its a bit more complex than red wing's leather. Its also pretty thick. Its a great color

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Awesome. No need to post pics, though I appreciate the offer - I don't trust a computer monitor for colour. Figured that the guys on this thread know their boots and someone would have experience with both.

I have had a quick scoot through the comments posted here and i am at a loss as to how you have come to this conclusion.

Please enlighten me?

Well not to step on any toes (enough people hate me on here as is), but based on previous contests and most of the people in this contest wearing whites.

For the hwbc, my whites horsehide details:

Horse Hide Semi Dress by White's

Toe Cap Leather Color Brown Horse Hide, Sole Vibram 700, Size - Length 8, Hardware Brass Eyes & Hooks, Edge Brown, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Horse Hide, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Last #38 Swing Last, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Horse Hide, Heel Base Standard, Heel Lifts Standard, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Leather Liner Cream

8-10weeks from now. can't wait!