Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

HWB-74 checking in; was going to use a pair of Redwings I found but didn't like the way they fit. I've been wanting a pair of engineer boots for awhile and after searching several forums and going back and forth with different options i decided on the HTC Santa Rosa's. much thanks to the forum members who helped me decide and to Zip Stevenson for helping me get exactly what I wanted

8631996247_12a3053071_z.jpg

SREB3 by jgomez541, on Flickr

8631986673_2e6cf399eb_z.jpg

SREB 2 by jgomez541, on Flickr

8631976219_04f898b883_z.jpg

Santa Rosa Engineer by jgomez541, on Flickr

Edited by themexican

My BHs are on the way from Baker's. I ordered first week of February if anyone was curious. Should have them in exactly one week! So much cool stuff has been arriving at my house, it's like Christmas..but better. I need to buy my wife something nice for putting up with my expensive habits!

They fit great in the length but my foot floats a little bit. just need to stop by and pick up some insoles and they will fit great, thanks again for your help!

Stopped by my local cobbler and picked up some spenco insoles and the floating feeling is gone, they hug my foot perfectly now. Really looking forward to wearing them all the time.

HWB-74 checking in; was going to use a pair of Redwings I found but didn't like the way they fit. I've been wanting a pair of engineer boots for awhile and after searching several forums and going back and forth with different options i decided on the HTC Santa Rosa's. much thanks to the forum members who helped me decide and to Zip Stevenson for helping me get exactly what I wanted

SREB3 by jgomez541, on Flickr

SREB 2 by jgomez541, on Flickr

8631976219_04f898b883_z.jpg

Santa Rosa Engineer by jgomez541, on Flickr

Beautiful leather, beautiful shape.

Congrats

Better pics....

3FF410B2-B9CF-45CE-8E0B-38DE1525309A-5927-0000080EDF6BAA91_zps09163a64.jpg

8D537A98-ED0E-411F-8295-BBCA21D9AE28-5927-0000080ED3A68A35_zps37769a0a.jpg

E28C15CF-5B61-46E7-A85B-01B7781FECD2-5927-0000080ED96580F6_zpsbfb498fb.jpg

Whites Bounty Hunter

- Sized 10D

- Dress leather toe, toe cap and counter.

- Rough out shaft.

- Double leather midsole

- Mini Lug Sole

thought i would stick a photo up of my really work boots. maybe 3 months wear 9 hours a day 5 days a week. Steel Blues all Australian made. Been my work boot of choice for 5 years. Steel blues promise "We literally guarantee 100% comfort, so if you're not happy in the first 30 days, you'll get your money back! You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying Steel Blue."

image-1365767776893-V.jpg

Edited by ToddjColey

XF1kMtr.jpg?3

Update on the MF Road Champs: after about 20 days of wear, the toe box has flattened and the chocolate color is starting to deepen and lighten in areas of differential wear. I had to punch four holes on the straps to get them to a comfortable snugness, but it was definitely worth it.

b8Uzf5v.jpg?2

You can see the different creasing patterns on the two boots. I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a classic, retro pair of engineers. The quality is excellent, and I'm excited to see what they look like in two years. I've been wearing them every third day for some time now, but as the weather is starting to heat up, I'm not sure how much longer I can last...I might have to retire them for the summer the second the competition actually starts. I guess that's the downside of getting such heavy boots, though.

I'll wear them as much as possible, but I have a teaching job at Georgetown this summer, and that damn swamp city is nearly always 90 degrees and 90% humidity. I think I've already put about 80 miles of walking on this pair, but I don't know if I can justify wearing them when I'm drenched in sweat. We'll see, though.

Better pic (slightly)

8c6193853ec34a1eaf46e7160ef9094e.jpg

6" Bounty Hunter

Antique hardware

Natural CXL

Medallion toe cap

Single celastic

Double midsoles

Comp. halfsole

Rolled top

Red liner

Pull loops

Standard width edge

Natural edge color

Standard heel

Heavy as shit.

Fit is perfect, actually took my dogs for a walk, no discomfort. They're stiff, but not uncomfortable at all.

Two minor issues....one toe cap is slightly darker than the other..not much, and I'm sure it'll even out over time, also a slight scuff on that same cap. (Again not worried as I'll be wearing and putting all kinds of marks on them. My biggest issue is that they stamped them with the "White's" logo...I specifically asked to leav it off, both on my order form, and to Kyle via email.

I guess it's not that big of a deal since it'll be covered by denim anytim I'm wearing them, but it still bugs me.