Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Simply wear them a twice a week until the contest begins if they're new. I only have 5 more wears allowed in mine, I'm going to miss them for the next couple of months :(

I just was curious what to expect. I collect custom folding knives.

Got a particular Knife for the Knife Pocket in the MBB?

This is a feature I find really interesting, although being in the UK it's not likely mine will get used as much as in other countries where the laws are more accommodating.

Might be interesting to carry the same one for the whole comp - although may not be practical.

I'm keen to acquire a Shing Slip-joint for that reason. :)

This is a feature I find really interesting, although being in the UK it's not likely mine will get used as much as in other countries where the laws are more accommodating.

Might be interesting to carry the same one for the whole comp - although may not be practical.

I have quite a few to choose from....several custom Ernest Emerson's, a couple of custom collabs from Triple Aught Design, some nice handmade small fixed blades my friend makes, and a lot of production knives; Sebenza, Microtech,Emerson, etc.

I don't know how large the pocket on the MBBs is, but I'm guessing my CQC-5, or custom CQC-14 would fit. I have a spot on Michael Burch's order book, so he'll be building me something, but I think I'll opt for a larger design. My favorite folder is an old-school custom CQC-8.

Who has stuff they plan to carry every day with them for the whole competition? Wallet? Knife? Key Ring? Lighter? Something else? Lets hear about it.

In all of my jeans a carry a silver quarter in my coin pocket. Nothing crazy but my HWDC pair has a 1964 full silver american 25cent piece in it.

Who has stuff they plan to carry every day with them for the whole competition? Wallet? Knife? Key Ring? Lighter? Something else? Lets hear about it.

I'm thinking of carrying a pocket watch with me. I have an Elgin from 1933 that needs some repair. If it will fit along with the new belt, and I can get it back in working order, I'm going carry it with me. With my current ALD belt, I cannot get into the coin pocket.

I'll have to wait and see what fits well in the pockets, but most likely I'll be carrying a single knife for the entirety of the comp. I'll also have my zippo, it's sterling silver, and my grandfather bought it in Panama, and carried it during WWII.

Does anyone know where I might come by some heavyweight denim overalls? The Ironheart 805s are nowhere to be found with a restock some time unknown, and I would rather like to get in on this thing, if possible.

Naked & Famous has some denim overalls, not sure about the weight though. Contact Tate Yoko to get the info

http://tatenyoko.corecommerce.com/Naked-Famous-Overalls-Indigo-Selvedge-Raw-Denim.html

Does anyone know where I might come by some heavyweight denim overalls? The Ironheart 805s are nowhere to be found with a restock some time unknown, and I would rather like to get in on this thing, if possible.

I believe BIG has a pair of samauri ones on sale at the moment.

Can I just appeal for anyone who can donate, to do so please, just $10 is great, we have so much cool stuff that we want to do, but it does not come cheap. There are almost 200 competitors here now, lets make this as good as it can possibly be :)

Thanks man, it's not a specific dig towards anyone, just a general comment :)

I do need to say though, that for so much initial interest in the belts, there have not been many orders, so it does look like I am going to lose the price break negotiated on the belts, which will inevitably financially impact the competition.

Before I announced the belts I must have been messaged by 60 - 70 people declaring interest, so far I have orders for 13 belts. I thought I was playing it safe by agreeing an MOQ of 50 with Crispin for the price break. Not looking good for the HWDC so far.

Come on peeps, no one can swing $100 for a MTO belt with choice of buckles, that's not made in a third world sweatshop?

Mega, I know I paid in full for one belt, but I'd like to change that to apply that $100 as a deposit on two belts...the one I've already spec'd out in London Tan, and another same size but in black bridle w/mazek buckle. Just let me know when the balance is needed!

@Mega_ apologies for being part of the [let down]. we all know how much you've labored to make this competition mad biggest.

honestly, i was just awaiting to pick the buckle before putting in the order. sadly, the double pronged brass garrison was not included in the buckle options.

but, will mosdef pledge to donate to the cause :)

Thank you BM :)

And to repeat what I have already said regarding donations. In the first HWDC every single competitor donated, without much prompting, this time we planned something much bigger, with far more competitors, and hence accepted that maybe only 50% of people would donate.

I was in favour of charging an entry fee, Beatle was not, so I went with her point of view, both of us firmly believing that 50% of people donating would be enough. We have tried to do something on every major continent of participation, and for people who are not denim millionaires, just regular 9 - 5 workers, that represents a significant commitment.

So far we have 180 competitors, of which 55 have donated. SuFu is not the lowest for donations, and this message has gone to other forums.

Mega- you and Beatle are doing so much to set this thing up and keep it going. With all of the discounts made available to buy denim for this there really isn't a reason for someone not to pay up $10. The discounts easily saved well over $10 on a pair for the contest.

IMO, shelling out entrance fee demonstrates or conveys a sense of commitment to the competition. if one can't even commit to a paltry fee to get in, how can you even expect him/her to commit to a 2-yr contest?

the way i see it, for every1 who put in the orders, they got their hefty discounts on their hefty jeans. IH, on the other hand, made an instant sale ... compliments of our esteemed organizers.

however, nothing is free in this world. in some bars you even pay for air. anyway, i suggest to impose a mandatory [nominal] entrance fee for every1 who signed in for the contest & would like to remain ON BOARD... with the exception of those who'd already made their donations.

Edited by BrownMetallic

If you don't want to force people to pay then I'm not really sure what could be done. Maybe list all the people who have donated in a post? Really though ten dollars shouldn't be a big deal. Personally I think 25 is fair and ill paypal mega up for at least that.