Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Bottom line, everyone should donate something. If you cant afford $10 dollars, maybe drop $5 in the pot. If you can't afford that then maybe put up $3. If you can't afford $3 then sorry you prob shouldn't even be in the comp. It's just a matter of putting something up to support this whole thing and to make it better for us all and less of a headache for the organisers.

Who has stuff they plan to carry every day with them for the whole competition? Wallet? Knife? Key Ring? Lighter? Something else? Lets hear about it.

In all of my jeans a carry a silver quarter in my coin pocket. Nothing crazy but my HWDC pair has a 1964 full silver american 25cent piece in it.

I always have a bunch of my crappy little Jeansmuseum flyers in my left back pockets. You can slightly see some fadings from them on my current 500 wear days 21 oz strike Gold

Sorry for spoiling this thread with this

2013-01-20%252001.51.40-Flyer-english-red.jpg

2013-01-16%252022.08.49-Strike-Gold-back-Berlin.jpg

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

oh i forgot donating was OPTIONAL. u mad?

He said they were hoping for more contributors, to help offset THEIR cost, to make this comp fun for everyone.

Are you registered for the comp? Did YOU kick in anything? If not registered, why are you even reading this thread? if you are, registered, and competing, why don't you STFU, quit trolling, and pony up a whopping $10?

Personally I can't see how anyone on any of these raw denim forums have an issue with kicking in $10 - $25. As Mega said, people that buy $200 - $500 jeans can surely kick in an extra $10. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Thank you all for your words and support guys, and to answer the question posed by Mixture, I must be mad to organise something on this scale.

I have invested a serious amount of my time into this, and not a small amount of money (for me) in some upfront costs. However, I will take this point to kill the conversation on donations, suffice to say thank you to those who have, and those who have not know where we are.

End.

For those of us in the North East of North America, I've been road testing my 25oz IHs in Bermuda the last few days. I can almost guarantee that you won't melt this summer*

*no guarantees implied by this post. You still might melt, but it's probably because you aren't focused enough.

Got a particular Knife for the Knife Pocket in the MBB?

This is a feature I find really interesting, although being in the UK it's not likely mine will get used as much as in other countries where the laws are more accommodating.

Might be interesting to carry the same one for the whole comp - although may not be practical.

I'm keen to acquire a Shing Slip-joint for that reason. :)

These are what I'll be carrying throughout the competition, the coin, and lighter at all times. I'll have to see which knife fits best, but I usually rotate between these three custom Emerson knives, occasionally adding in something from another maker, but I always have one Emerson on me. I could always go for a pocket pistol fade, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of concealed carry ;)

9E70A725-12C4-4DDC-9C9A-4C11826EDE7E-2217-0000033AEC2B79D1.jpg

I always carry a pocket knife...you would believe how handy they are, and how well they work to cut things! From apples and other fruit at lunch, to thick plastic clamshell packaging, to zip ties.... ;) Plus I use a knife probably 10-20 times daily at work.

Once I was in line at a coffee shop. It was about 5:30 in the morning. I was wearing my work uniform(flame retardant pants and FR carhartt coat.) I had a knife clipped to one pocket, a pen to another, and a flashlight too. There was a police officer behind me in line, I could tell he was looking me over, so I turned and said "good morning sir, how are you today?" He said "good, why do you have all those knives?" I explained that there was only one knife, and what the other items were...He the. Asked "what do you need a knife and flashlight for?" I smiled, looked him in the eye, and said, "to see in the dark, and cut stuff.." He paused for a second, then kind of laughed, and admitted that was a pretty dumb question. He wished me a safe day, I did the same. I can still see the look on his face, it was priceless.

^ thats a pretty cool story bro.

edit: I appreciate your time and effort for organizing the contest Megatron150. I was just stating my opinion on why people don't donate, which doesn't mean I'm against it. It was made optional in the first place, no need to get anal about it but if you feel that more people should donate then everything would've been better off with an entrance fee(cause you're pushing people to donate aka pay just to be in this contest). And bc someone throws down 400 for jawnz means they should donate? Pls go.

/ of discussion.

Edited by Mixture

And don´t forget to pre order the

Official Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 T-shirts made by DOUBLEXX

You will be able to order shirts until February 22nd 2013.

All orders will ship by February 28th 2013.

DEnim-Popeye-hwdc-SF_IHF.png

CLICK HERE -->http://www.jimmycrow...dc-shirts2.html

And we are happy to announce one more colaboration!

Ebbets Field Flannels will produce a special edition Heavy Champ baseball cap

Here are the specs - and some tasty pictures - link for pre order will be up soon!

Standard cap /semiadjustable

Crown: Navy wool

Visor: Navy wool

Under visor: 7oz Duck , mustard (FD7-MUS)

Button: Navy

Eyelets: Navy

Sweatband: Black

Seam tape: Black

Stitching: Navy

8402412140_75c62b471e_z.jpg

8401323287_0c96911094_z.jpg

8402412590_702de30213_z.jpg

And more news - for all of those denim heads out there who have not committed their legs just yet...

Watch this spot - something huge is about to happen - if you are interested in a

tapered slim fit - and 17oz raw Japanese Selvage line denim made in Okayama

sounds like what you´ve been waiting for - be patient....

8401402141_1471e9c772_z.jpg

8402486542_d95f2ab407_z.jpg

And more news - for all of those denim heads out there who have not committed their legs just yet...

Watch this spot - something huge is about to happen - if you are interested in a

tapered slim fit - and 17oz raw Japanese Selvage line denim made in Okayama

sounds like what you´ve been waiting for - be patient....

Whaaaat is going to happen here!? :ph34r:

These are what I'll be carrying throughout the competition, the coin, and lighter at all times. I'll have to see which knife fits best, but I usually rotate between these three custom Emerson knives, occasionally adding in something from another maker, but I always have one Emerson on me. I could always go for a pocket pistol fade, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of concealed carry ;)

9E70A725-12C4-4DDC-9C9A-4C11826EDE7E-2217-0000033AEC2B79D1.jpg

Sorry I asked lol. Please dont kill me. Great looking pieces there though.