Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

As part of my job, I was briefly interviewed for a provincial event we hold at Oak Hammock Marsh (where I work). Wanted to make sure I was wearing my N&F 32oz denim on camera, granted you can't them completely but thought the other denim heads would enjoy it. 

http://www.btwinnipeg.ca/videos/3803034188001/

I have been stupid busy these last few months with work, so not able to make as many updates as I would like. Keep at wearing that denim hard!

Cheers!!!

That whiskey collection. May I recommend some Peat Monster from Islay?

He has the two finest representations of Isla (IMO) Lagavulin and Lagavulin Distillers edition.  Compass box does a good job emphasizing the Peat character but in no way is it as refined as these. 

Max I don't see any Bowmore? If you like the Laphroig creosote peat you will love the Bowmore briney character.

Lets not be forgetting the Ardbeg either.

As a Scot, having this stuff on my doorstep means you can get addicted to the best and the unknown. Plenty of tastings and specials at the right sort of pub help that.

The whole thing is a bit like denim to be honest!  :)

He has the two finest representations of Isla (IMO) Lagavulin and Lagavulin Distillers edition.  Compass box does a good job emphasizing the Peat character but in no way is it as refined as these. 

Max I don't see any Bowmore? If you like the Laphroig creosote peat you will love the Bowmore briney character.

I have bottles of all Islay distilleries. Three Caol Ila (Signatory Vintag 1992, Murray McDavid 2000 Wine Cask, Cask Strength), two Bowmores - 1994 Signatory Vintage, 1998 Murray McDavid Sherry Cask. Also had a miniature of the 18 YO. Plus the Kilchoman Summer 2010 and two Bunnahabhains. Had the 10YO Arbeg, Ardbeg Corryvreckan and a miniature of Ardbeg Blasda. Four Laphroaigs (18 YO, 10 YO, Cask Strength, Quarter Cask), two Lagavulins, Bruichladdich 3D, 12 YO, and as miniatures Rocks, Waves and Peat.

Haven't tried the 21 YO Glendronach, but the 15 YO and I love the 18 YO. Might be my next bbig bottle. I can also highly recommend Springbank - just a subtle peaty note, but combines the best characteristics of all regions. The 15 YO is perfect. And let's not forget the 18 YO Taisker - my favorite bottle, together with the 30 YO Strathisla.

Sorry for derailing a bit.

Cheers

Edited by Max Power

These aren't very far off of true color, they are actually just a little lighter in color.  I want some macro shots.  I also for the good and bad of it I cant actually cause enough damage to break these anywhere at all.

photo1-8.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

photo2-7.jpg

Thanks, I am thinking the same thing.  I have a lot coming up soon and hope to punish them for not having any holes yet.

Those look great FL!

Not to take away from your post but I had a further comment on whiskey.

A friend of mine travels to Scotland quite regularly and will bring me back the odd bottle. It usually is a larger than 26 oz bottle of something that I can find here. The uniqueness is in the larger bottle. Occasionally he will come back with something quite unique (at least to me). This last trip was a 20yr old Bladnoch. In past trips some Mortlach and a Tomintoul.

I am very fortunate here in Lethbridge to have an extremely enthusiastic whiskey culture. We have had Andrew Grey down a number of times (formerly with Bruichladdich & Murray McDavid) doing tastings. There is also a weekly tasting at one of our shops that runs the entire (available) scotch whiskey spectrum.

Since my kids were born I have less of an opportunity to partake in said whiskey culture; this recent discussion has brought me back albeit somewhat vicariously. A wee dram once a week with a cigar is about all I can afford nowadays (time and intoxication wise)!

Recently I have been trying some Irish whiskey and Blended scotch. My favorites are Redbreast - the price point and quality can't be beat! Jameson 18 - anyone who likes Christmas cake will love this. And something very special Knappogue Castle 14 yr. For the blends Johnnie Walker gold and blue or some whyte and McKay old luxury.