Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

latest Update:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Next pic: I keep a small case with mints in my coinpocket at all times… well.

04.jpg

Next pic: I repaired a hole in the left pocket by sewing a patch of leftover denim on it, before it could tear even more. It´s not pretty, but I kinda like it ;) Also on this picture: I had to stop the pocket from tearing even further (and destroying the front before due time), so I asked a tailor to repair it for me.

05.jpg

This is what it looks like on the other side:

06.jpg

Next pic: this is the left knee… I´m still not sure whether I should repair it or not.

07.jpg

Backpockets are in acceptable shape.

08.jpg

I don´t really know how this tear on the left leg happened. Hm.

09.jpg

All in all, I think they´re in great shape :)

10.jpg

^^looking great.  Especially like the stacks, the close-up in particular.  I'd try to take care of the rip in the knee before it gets too big, based on my experience with knee holes -- you run the risk of catching your toe/foot in it

Hi all you denim heads out there

I admire all the great raw denim love, you're giving to all your well loved raw denim projects.

As a little gift from the judge you can earn now an additional 200 $ main price and $100 as a fun price if you can answer the 2 questions posted here and on Iron Heart forum tomorrow morning 8:00 am Middle Europe time in Switzerland including daylight saving time in 14 hours

First correct answer will win

Megatron has to verify if you're still in the contest.

Best success to all you awesome Heavy weight champs

Ruedi the out of the contest judge

I love to keep the raw denim spirit alive.

The 2 questions in 8 hours have to do something with my current out of the contest IH MBB 25 oz jeans ha ha

Foto%25202.JPG

So here we go:

The 1. price question:
At which day my IH 25 oz jeans will celebrate my 500 wear day birthday?
I started wearing them every day since March 31 2013 except 10 days holidays in Marocco and a few other days without them. I celebrated also a special wear day back at July 12 2014 

And the 2. price question: What is the craziest stuff I'm carrying in my never washed jeans since a while?

For me you should, it will add (not destroy) character ...it's about the journey of the jeans not its "destination".  Any splash of paint will be a testament to what it has gone through, and is an additional chapter/sentence/paragraph to its story ;-)

I'll be doing some repairs and paintings in my Appartement. Now I'm debating wether to use the contest pair for that or not. Any thoughts? I always liked the look of workpants, but  don't intend to cover them in colour. I'll gues I'll wear them and wait what happens.

Great that both questions are already answered correctly.

The winner of the second question is MaxPower since I'm always carrying the ketchup bags from the IH fish and chips party around since July 12. 2014 as long as the rips on the folded hem is not too big to loose the bags ha ha

The winner of the first price is Bobbo since I had my wear day 444 at the Fish & chips party ao Gosport in London last July 12. and since then I just skipped 2 days so that I can celebrate the 500 wear day anniversary of the jeans on my 55 birthday which is just today.

After Megatron has veryfied the 2 winners I just need your paypal addresses at [email protected]

I have seen some awesome denim evolution going on here. I wish all of you a great time during this contest

The winner of the first price is Bobbo since I had my wear day 444 at the Fish & chips party ao Gosport in London last July 12. and since then I just skipped 2 days so that I can celebrate the 500 wear day anniversary of the jeans on my 55 birthday which is just today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REUDI!

Thanks Gav for both verifications.

Both little prices will be paid in between 24 hours after I received the paypal address

And thanks a lot for the birthday wishes Max and Louisbosco and Bobbo

Enjoy all your current and future raw denim projects

I'll be doing some repairs and paintings in my Appartement. Now I'm debating wether to use the contest pair for that or not. Any thoughts? I always liked the look of workpants, but  don't intend to cover them in colour. I'll gues I'll wear them and wait what happens.

anyway max, you should wear them. i wore my 710 to help my wife paint her room back then, and it really gives character. it's like the jeans is part of the journey..