Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I left you no neg rep, or snide comment. I do prefer Times as a font, but the conventions of the forum seem to dictate that we use the default font, I was actually supporting your point.

In my day job I manufacture and supply parts for missiles for the UK and US military, I occasionally have a little trouble with the morality of that, but nevertheless it pays my mortgage. Hence arms dealer, no joke.

If you are or were a cancer sufferer, and you humour is intended to be self depreciating then maybe explain that, and I apologise if I offended you. If not then you are generally being a douche.

I'm out of this debate, if I'm wrong I apologise, if I'm not then I don't.

HC-SF-59 checking in!

1. Here's a fit pic of my RC400 taken on April 1st, they're a size 34 and at the time I'd been wearing them for just under 2 weeks (...I thought I also took some raw shots somewhere but can't find them right now). I really like the fit, I did size 1 up so that they weren't too restricting and am looking forward to spending the next 2 years with them. This shot was taken outside the little cabin at Hot Water Beach that we rented for the Easter break. Although I didn't enter the HWDC1, I quite liked the original tee design so bought a couple to wear for this comp.

2. My belt arrived the other day - it looks really nice n tidy and I've started wearing it with my contest jeans now, I went for the Natural Italian Russet, 1.5" with the Nickle Buckle #4.

3. Here is a typical nz-style shot of Hot Water Beach with the 'good old flax bush' in the foreground (I think i'd be safe to say that most NZ'ers will have a bundle of shots like this). This was taken at a cafe across the road from where we were staying, which makes an average coffee but generates much more income renting out spades or selling singular raw eggs for.......

4. Hot Water Beach is called Hot Water Beach for a reason, it's not just some marketing ploy to fool punters into swimming there all year round. It's actually one of New Zealand's more dangerous beaches, so why such an innocent name? Well, at low tide, you can dig a hole in the sand and sit in some warm water and as the tide comes back in, the cold waves lap around you and into your warm hole. There are some thermal vents that heat the sand and in some spots it can get hot enough to boil an egg. At high tide (when this shot was taken), you can join the crowd and dig in the one small area which looks like some kind of beach rave.

Apparently the beach gets some good surf too but recently the beach has been beamed around the countries televisions on a 'primetime' reality-surf-lifesaving show, where the strong rips and unsuspecting tourists, who turn up to dig a hole and end up somewhere in the pacific make great viewing while eating your dinner.

5. Just around the corner, along a 3km track are two of my all time favourite beaches; Cathedral Cove and Mares Leg Cove, which are connected by a massive cathedral-like cave. The only other time I had seen them was on a rainy day so I was glad to finally have the chance to spend the nice day there to swim etc.

6. On the last day, we drove around the peninsular to New Chums beach and to take the scenic route home. Once again there was a walk to get there but the reward is having 6 other people on the beach with you, whereas, there were about 200 people at Cathedral Cove.

7. We went out and saw Blu and DJ House Shoes perform the other night. Blu was ment to accompanied by Exile but he fell ill and was unable to fly so DJ House Shoes filled in at the last minute. I really enjoyed DJ House shoes's set but once Blu got on the mic I thought the crowd felt kinda flat - I think that it might have something to do with the levels of the sound set up, because we could hardly hear what he was saying and it was all fat baselines. But anyways - still a good night out!

hwdc2002.jpg

hwdc2001.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

@mister56 - this is in certainly no way meant to illicit an irate response or provoke more ire from you, but i really struggle to see what your beef here is. you say you like to challenge the norm, and aren't interested in playing a popularity game, but you're getting annoyed because other members don't share your point of view... that just doesn't add up.

i also fail to see how giving grief to the very guy who has donated a truckload of his time & money to setting up this contest (that you signed up for) is going to garner you anything other than negative responses.

Edited by okisan

@mister56 - this is in certainly no way meant to illicit an irate response or provoke more ire from you, but i really struggle to see what your beef here is. you say you like to challenge the norm, and aren't interested in playing a popularity game, but you're getting annoyed because other members don't share your point of view... that just doesn't add up.

i also fail to see how giving grief to the very guy who has donated a truckload of his time & money to setting up this contest (that you signed up for) is going to garner you anything other than negative responses.

Your right. I don't wake up and say I'm going to see how many people can I piss off today. I don't want to challenge anybody and I would like to be liked. I was just speaking (maybe a little agressive) my mind.

I was wrong about Mega, I took it the wrong way. I'm sorry. I never push my believes on anyone. I just want to have a good time.

Edited by mister56

ANNOUNCEMENT

There are still several pairs of MBB's unclaimed, and not paid for. Paula has tried to contact people twice now and there are still people who have not responded.

For those of you who have pre-ordered MBB's, but not paid, you have 30 days from today to either contact IHUK, or complete your purchase.If you do not do either of these things you will lose your deposit entirely, and your pre-ordered jeans will be put up for sale

Just received my 2 inch Crispin leathers belt. Cant believe how massive this thing looks and feels, but it's certainly in keeping with the heavyweight nature of the contest. Was able to fit it through the belt loops without much effort, which was a bit of a nice surprise. And there it will stay for at least the next year..

IMG_0457_zps46972275.jpg

Does anyone on here have some picture editing skills (nothing crazy) that can help edit my poster for the first challenge? I am taking some shots probably tomorrow and I would like to put in the work to make it nice.

Mine took a while too (I'm in Toronto). Got them today. Customs opened the package, but the jeans were in 4 bags (!!) and they didn't open them all.

Worth the wait.

Does anyone on here have some picture editing skills (nothing crazy) that can help edit my poster for the first challenge? I am taking some shots probably tomorrow and I would like to put in the work to make it nice.

I can do some photoshoping for you, if it's not to involved. Send me a message about what your looking to get done.

Ugh!!! My MBB's have been waiting to be cleared by customs since the 4th. Man am I getting antsy.

Damn that sucks...this was my first international purchase, and I was worried that I'd be hit with delays, duty, or both. Surprisingly shipping only took two days, less than if I'd ordered from California.

I usually try to buy domestically produced goods, and considering something like 97%of appearal in the US is imported, dealing with customs for a pair of jeans seems a bit ridiculous. I hope your stuff clears quickly!

They look great on her man, glad your lady is happy with them.

My boots arrive on Wednesday, and they will go straight onto my feet for the full two years. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

I can't wait to get mine..same deal, directly onto the feet!

^ Is it just me or he actually post in Bahasa Indonesia? Google Translator at Its best (at being funny)

Still waiting for my bybeatle preorder.

Edited by masamune

Nice pictures everybody! I'd love to see more macros, details and little extras that only the owners of the jeans normally notice. Just like Slowitchu did. As I got my DSLR back, I took some of my Samurais. My favorite extra is the little patch on the waistband and the one in the backpocket. Pretty japanese, reminded me a bit of SDA's T-Shirt slogans.

DSC03252_zps5bd0126c.jpg

The Patch

DSC03253_zpsa2e95816.jpg

The Arcs

DSC03254_zps22a05b7a.jpg

Selvage

DSC03260_zps6c6931f6.jpg

Waist

DSC03263_zps3ee0be6b.jpg

"un-sanforized, shrunk after laundry, made for workers, students and of course Samurai"

DSC03264_zps0a1e295e.jpg

Hidden arcs

DSC03265_zps3eb9348b.jpg

Irregular and slubby denim. Feels much slubbier and rough then my 710.

DSC03267_zpsf79962e7.jpg

Have fun!

Edited by Max Power

HC-SF-10 Naked and Famous 32oz. Already getting some fading happening on the whiskers and on the back where my wallet rests. Some fading also going on the stacks. Fading a lot faster than I expected. Should look great by the end of the comp. Cheers!

april62013edit.jpg

april7th22013.jpg

april7th2013edit.jpg

Almost ready to pull trigger for the ebbets hc caps- only need a couple of heads - thanks for all the pre orders and your patience!

pre order link

Standard cap /semiadjustable

Crown: Navy wool

Visor: Navy wool

Under visor: 7oz Duck , mustard (FD7-MUS)

Button: Navy

Eyelets: Navy

Sweatband: Black

Seam tape: Black

Stitching: Navy

8402412140_75c62b471e_z.jpg

8401323287_0c96911094_z.jpg

8402412590_702de30213_z.jpg