Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

You've got to be a man to tame 25oz...Licorice Noose after his first full day in Mega Beatle Busters. #ironheart #ironheartarmy

source: ironheartdenim's instagram

Yes!!

AD5818FD-5266-443B-B552-7981FE658D46-848-0000014C971AB4EF_zpsfec04153.jpg

D1E989C0-AB47-405A-B8B9-26FAAB08D0BE-848-0000014CACE8DA3F_zps3981bc37.jpg

94F6DE2C-9E27-46F7-AB6F-D6E19290797E-848-0000014C81174581_zpsc5968856.jpg

6F656CA2-A893-4F82-A618-220AB3B633D2-848-0000014CC3FE82DD_zpsb986379f.jpg

31C1C040-2A2A-4456-98C9-F899144373A8-848-0000014DD9695699_zps4303f7b5.jpg

Had to crop some of the photos so they may be distorted. Post soak pics. Not sure if I will soak or not...probably.

I went one size up (40 instead of 38) for a little extra room in the legs. I wanted to have them fit more like my SExIH07 overdyed.

Looking forward to 2 years of wear.

Contest number in signature.

Got the Denim Vault shirt here in Hawaii, and I'm pretty upset. First, the back does not have a list of sponsors; there is no print at all on the back.

photo2zyz.jpg

Second, I ordered a small, and I was a bit worried by my package being marked XXL in the top right corner, but I was hoping for the best. No luck. This is how a "small" fits.

photo1siy.jpg

Not even close to what I was expecting based on the measurements provided.

I'm kinda feeling like I got cheated out of $55. I hope no one else has this problem.

Kenzie, I will be on to Vincent today. You are absolutely right to be annoyed, I have not received mine yet, and now my expectations are not high.

Please send me a PM with your full name and address on and I will get straight on to Vincent.

Got the Denim Vault shirt here in Hawaii, and I'm pretty upset. First, the back does not have a list of sponsors; there is no print at all on the back.

photo2zyz.jpg

Second, I ordered a small, and I was a bit worried by my package being marked XXL in the top right corner, but I was hoping for the best. No luck. This is how a "small" fits.

photo1siy.jpg

Not even close to what I was expecting based on the measurements provided.

I'm kinda feeling like I got cheated out of $55. I hope no one else has this problem.

this is very bad!

why does it happened?

hopefully i will receive this tee as shown and correct size

it should be like this

HWDC-T-SHIRT-DESIGN-MOCKUP_zps351f4458.jpg

Denim Vault Tee's

The Sponsor tee's are designed, produced and sold by one of our sponsors, The Denim Vault of Jakarta. I can see that the shirt received by Kenzie is clearly not what was ordered, and I have contacted Vincent to find out what has happened, and what can be done to fix it, and I am awaiting his answer. I hope that this is an isolated incident, and I am giving The Denim Vault the benefit of the doubt, and time to respond and sort the issue out.

I have ordered quite a few of these myself, which I was intending to hand out as prizes throughout the contest, so my personal interest in making sure this is resolved is also really high. If anyone has any further problems with the DV shirts, please PM me the details, and your contact details.

So what is everyone planning on carrying in their pockets during the comp? I'll have my wallet, phone, a coin of some sort in the coin pocket, plus these two items which have a lot of value/meaning to me....

First is the Sterling cased zippo that my grandfather bought in Panama during WWII:

7638C298-F994-49B2-805B-8BBEBA0F4493-9906-00000BE77F53E5CD.jpg

Second is one of my favorite pocket knives, which happens to fit the knife pocket of the MBBs perfectly, a handmade custom Emerson CQC-5, with a sterling silver clip from Steel Flame. My good friend was lucky enough to be picked at the Emerson lottery during last year's Blade Show in Atlanta (the only way to buy a knife from this maker is entering a lottery, just for the chance to buy at his price. Value at least doubles on the secondary market!)

E4003B4F-3CBC-4094-9A35-18D492B1E568-9906-00000BE58414AE9D.jpg

About the maker Ernest Emerson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Emerson

Highv - I carry a zippo in the coin pocket. Def'n nothing like the one your sporting. I ordered one of the zippos self edge did awhile ago. I have a leatherman knife that will be in the coin pocket. Good blade ( half serrated) as well as a Phillips & flat screwdriver. With a bottle opener at the base. I use the knife a lot and the zippo is for cigars and survival. I used to put my cell in my back right pocket but I recently switched to a smart phone and it doesn't sit as nice in there.

@highvoltage thats a very cool lighter. too bad that i dont smoke nor i know anyone actively engaged in WW2, so i only keeping some small change in my coin pocket. phone fades are out for me this time, it started to look ridiculous on my previous pair.

Masa - trying to post pics using my iPhone. If the links don't work let me know. If they do also let me know. I am fully aware on how to post pictures from the full site. I don't get the options using the phone.

I'm trying to post the pics as I take them instead of having to go to my office to do it.

First day of summer in London today - 21oz in 21 celsius was warm but comfortable. Not sure how those in Indonesia etc cope.

HC-SF-50 SF 21oz

I guess people like me living in the tropics have gotten so used to the weather that nothing is 'too hot' to wear. Im wearing my 25oz busters in a 30C climate. So far so good!