Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Was hoping for a "by Beatle" announcement today??? So excited for this comp...the only thing I'm already regretting are all the jeans that I won't be wearing for the next two years! Saving my money until Beatle makes her announcement!

Well, it is 6:30 am here and 2 degrees F. Since I am a scientist I can actually convert that to Celsius..and it converts to really damn cold....or -17 C. I need my MBBs!!!

Well it was -45 C here today, facing into the wind felt like razors slicing into your face. First stages of frost bite happends in seconds. Warmed up to -20 this evening, after dealing with -45 that -20 felt down right balmy!

Oh yeah, wearing multi-pairs of denim for cold weather doesn't help, there is an old saying we go by here, Cotton kills. You need insulating layers, waterfowl down or wool are some of the best.

Just sayin

Well it was -45 C here today, facing into the wind felt like razors slicing into your face. First stages of frost bite happends in seconds. Warmed up to -20 this evening, after dealing with -45 that -20 felt down right balmy!

Oh yeah, wearing multi-pairs of denim for cold weather doesn't help, there is an old saying we go by here, Cotton kills. You need insulating layers, waterfowl down or wool are some of the best.

Just sayin

Heavyweight Icebreaker Merino base layers are great...agreed on the cotton it does nothing to insulate, and holds moisture, which then makes you even colder.

ups...my fault!

that´s cuz of all those heavyweight threads popping up all over the god damn place. got it mixed up a bit i guess :)

We're like McDonalds :D

I tried my competition pair out yesterday for a party and it nearly brought tears to my eyes today when leaving my gf to go home because I was bleeding at the back of my knees from to much dancing in heavyweight denim.

It is my first time in this heavy denim I really hope it get better soon

It will, don't worry. It just takes a few wears.

Ruedi-those SG's are great. I have been wearing mine exclusively since the AW contest concluded. I hope mine look as good. They will be put on the bench once the HWDC begins.

Thanks

I'll unusualy break my own rule and stop wearing them after April 1. to switch to the IH pants for the new contest here, although my SG have still plenty of life left like seen below. But I'll switch back to them of course after this contest is over.

More pics see under denim hunter blog:

http://denimhunters....et/ruedi-karrer

IMG_6278-640x960.jpg

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Naked & Famous big slub or elephant 2. Karmaloop usually has them with promo and rep codes to take off 21%. Or Paulrose 17 oz. for $230....can't think of any cheaper heavyweight that isn't done by Brandon Svarc.

I can not say much for Paulrose but as for my elephant 2's i would have to say they are a 100% DO NOT COP. My have had a blow out by the fly that the company reswed after 3 weeks in the mail. a ripped button hole my nice neighborhood taylor fixed for me and just the other day the patch caught an edge on a chair as i say down and nearly ripped clear off my jeans. the thigh inside seam was shredding really early on and ive had to get a huge butt patch and reenforcment sewn into to keep from a croth blowout already. The denim is heavy as hell. The color is nice. They fade really easily, but I whole heartedly have to stear you away from them.

They just started to fade too and I was really likeing them when the patch most recently came undone. I am appaled at the construction of these jeans, and in the N&F thread have seem other blowouts and popped buttons. Even if the company fixes it free the $20 and 3 weeks in the mail was terrible.

I truely hope I just had a bad experience with these and others will prove me wrong.