Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

I'm feeling very grateful for the 30 day amnesty, which will allow me to wear my new jeans about half of the remaining days until April 1st. :) My current pair of pre-contest jeans is getting pretty beat and I don't want to drop any money for repairs on them right now:

8443284328_b50781136a_c.jpg

Yikes...

I'll be wearing Samurai 710s (19 oz presoak, roughly 21 oz post soak) in the contest, so here's what they look like pre-soak. I normally get the waist size one smaller in most jeans, but I decided to try wearing them a little looser to see if that will help them get some better fading in the thighs (my upper legs are big and make most jeans a bit tight in the thighs when sized TTS in the waist).

8446992294_d1deed3512_c.jpg

There's a slight bit of extra room in the waist, so they went in for a hot soak and now they're drying.

I hadn't posted in this thread yet, but I've read the entire thing and have already donated my $10 (I'm in grad school, otherwise I'd give more). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's jeans and lives evolve over the next 2 years!

Edited by cander49

^ There are alot of other brands entering the competition, don't you worry. And of course Mega & Beats will set up a list like last time around. Probably gonna be posted when we start though to avoid the extra work of editing all the time. Busy guys hooking is up with all these cool stuff, meet-ups, managing different forums and so on. :)

^yea that's the plan I just retired my raleighs and momos though and I'm down to only two pairs of jeans for the first time in a while. A dark indigo 17oz raw would work into my rotation really well. I'm still not sure though I may just say fuck it and try to only rock the sams for the next two years.

Edited by albertabeef

I go to school in Montreal, so I had the pleasure of going to Tate and Yoko. There, I was just trying on jeans after jeans and the manager was very helpful and pulled jeans they had in the warehouse. Fortunately, they had a couple of pairs left and he even gave me a discount!

@ The masterminds of this contest: I have an idea and that is.... The wildcard!

Giving away a wildcard would give somebody who normally is unqualified, a chance to enter the competition. Off course there is a limit, a minimum weight of 15/16oz, no less. I even found a dictionary on the internet, proving that the wild card is really a thing. True story! Here's the proof:

328692472773781892_IU2988PZ.jpg

Self-interest you say? Because I got a nice pair of denim that is made out of 16oz heavy denim, meaning that it's only 1 frikkin oz short of being able to enter this competition and probably win it? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!! I just thought it was a cool idea and wanted to hear your thoughts. :D

Okay, maybe just a little bit of self-interest :ph34r:

Thanks for all your pre orders ! We still need a lot of heads - and torsos, don´t be shy...

The Official

Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015

T-shirts

You will be able to order shirts until February 22nd 2013.

All orders will ship by February 28th 2013.

DEnim-Popeye-hwdc-SF_IHF.png

CLICK HERE -->http://www.jimmycrow...dc-shirts2.html

And we are happy to announce one more colaboration!

Ebbets Field Flannels will produce a special edition Heavy Champ baseball cap

Here are the specs - and some tasty pictures - link for preorder

Standard cap /semiadjustable

Crown: Navy wool

Visor: Navy wool

Under visor: 7oz Duck , mustard (FD7-MUS)

Button: Navy

Eyelets: Navy

Sweatband: Black

Seam tape: Black

Stitching: Navy

8423695350_6f44c30f08_z.jpg

8402412590_702de30213_z.jpg

Ebbets-hats_hwdc.png

Naked - where did you pick up the 24 ozers? They were a special edition in 2010 when I got my pair. Who still had them in stock? Great find.

I go to school in Montreal, so I had the pleasure of going to Tate and Yoko. There, I was just trying on jeans after jeans and the manager was very helpful and pulled jeans they had in the warehouse. Fortunately, they had a couple of pairs left and he even gave me a discount!

where did you score these?

^yeah, where DID you get those? those are limited edition from 3 years ago or something...

Reading is fun...

Saw this cool snow sculpture on the way to work yesterday morning and pulled over to get a picture. As we are allowed less than a 30 wears on our denim when we enter, I am planning to wear my contest pair two times a week for the next couple weeks.

Sorry for the poor picture quaility, hard to get both the white snow sculpture and the darkness of the denim to show up. Of course wearing a winter jacket doesn't help to show off the jeans either, even if it was a balmy -22c

I am wear the 32oz Naked & Famous denim. I have to say this pair rocks, love how thick they are! I wouldn't say they are uncomfortable, but you certainly aren't going to be jumping and hurdles in them. Just like the 24oz ones I'm wearing now, as time goes on they will become to feel like soft leather.

snowmotorcycle.jpg