OkayamaDenim.com - Japanese Denim direct

OkayamaDenim

I think the prices have actually increased to reflect the 'free shipping'. I'm sure those Full Count 0105XX were $240 before and now they're $270.

Hey Maynard,

The price is just about the same, as shipping to the US was approximately $30, $35 to the UK and Australia and close to $40 for Russia and other parts of Europe, so on average the price is now more reasonable.

Ah yes, I see it now. My momos were 235 and now they are 260. Then again, most brands increase their prices with inflation and stuff. Guess its not too bad : )

It's $260 with Free Worldwide Shipping though so it's more about us just making the price clear and simple for our customers and the price works out to about the same when shipping the the US.

The price will be $260 including the shipping.

Thats what i was trying to point out. There has been NO price increase in the denim. Free shipping has been added :)

Then it isn't free if it's been added is it?! It's a simpler all-encompassing single transaction where the price has been raised accordingly. I'm not criticising Okayama denim here, just clarifying a point so that readers aren't mistaken or misled. Crat bought his Momos last week for $235 plus shipping.

Free shipping would have been the jeans shipped for the previous price, not that price PLUS the shipping price all rolled into one.

Do you think it's merely coincidence that some prices increased immediately before free shipping was available?

Quoted directly from the website in the 'Free Worldwide Shipping' section;

"For our respected clientele who have been shopping with us for a while, you will notice that there is a slight price jump in some of the items that we carry. Please rest assured though, that with the Free Shipping integrated into the system, the final price you pay will be actually cheaper than it used to be when we charged for shipping. Although Japan Blue Jeans were about $150 before our price adjustments, shipping those jeans to LA for example, would cost an additional $27.5 for shipping, bringing the total to $177.50. With our new system in place, that same pair will be yours for just the retail price and no more, which in this case is $175."

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Interesting to see you opt for the slim-jim model Aho. The 1108 is a great looking cut but I know I could never squeeze my legs into them if I go TTS on the waist. 

Remember that HK has many distractions for the wallet as well - factor that into your saving plan!!

unnamed_1.jpg
how to make screen shot

The combination of Deep Indigo warp and Black Indigo weft make this exceptional fabric come to life on these jeans.

Featuring a Deer skin waistband leather patch and Pink color Selvedge ID that is common to all Momotaro jeans, the 0702 model will be available soon at OkayamaDenim.com.

Edited by OkayamaDenim

• 4 weeks later...

I also ordered about a week ago and got the initial confirmation email

And got charged by my bank. I didnt receieve any tracking and already asked 3 times about the order this week to all the email

Adresses on the site but no email back. I see several others on sufu are experiencing this too this.

*update* email receieved order was processed late due to lack of stock of my model and size. Order will be shipped in two days :)

Edited by bodychariot

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered once, allthough a year ago, and had a great experience. I like their clean site and personally think they do a good job. I probably will order again this year. Not really important but i thought, i could give them some credit. 

I find it strange there is no comment from OD. They may not need to defend themselves but a lack of communication on this thread does not instill confidence to potential customers, myself included.

Did receive my jeans..... there was one explanatory e-mail. Satisfied, but I doubt I will be a repeat customer FWIW

Maybe you could give us some informartion on why it took them longer this time. Maybe that would help people who are unsure whether to by or not. 

They had a last minute restock issue on 36 raw. They did notify me, but only after I requested. It took a total of 26 days from order to delivery for me. Only 1 week after they received restock for delivery though. Like I said, I am satisfied with it in the end.  I guess I have just been spoiled with the service I have gotten from  the Iron heart crew..If I was really wanting a pair that Okayama had.........I probably would re-order.

Aye, only joking with you. I know raw is nice to have but honestly Fullcount's one-wash is not severe and the standard denim is naturally very soft so it's not like you're losing that raw crunchiness if you do settle for O/W. 

i have a pair of the onewash 1108xx fullcounts and i couldnt even tell it was a onewash except for the wrinkled tag. i also have a pair of the raw version 1108 which i ended up hot washing anyways - id rather just not have to go through the process of shrinking it myself before wearing thats y i only look to purchase o/w for all my purchases. and i think a lot of the time when jeans are so starchy or hard looking it makes the fit unappealing let alone comfortable.

• 1 month later...

I really hate having to write on here to try and get some info but I've been trying to contact Merv and anyone else at OD for over a week now. Everything was going fine then communication/responses to my emails simply stopped.

If anyone at OD reads this my name is Andy and my order number is 2348. I sent my Momo's back to you and I got confirmation that they were received on 9th May. I have asked you to supply me with a new pair of PBJ XX-011 in size 34 one wash. However I've had no email or anything to confirm you've received my Momo's back and that you will send the PBJs..

I must say that prior to things going quiet a week and a half ago Merv was great in advising me. Also the original order which was too small for me arrived reasonably quickly so no problem.

I am worried though as I have paid $250 and have sent the jeans back so I'm now $250 out of pocket with no way of knowing if I'm ever going to see my PBJs?

I know you guys will be busy but if you could reply to my email that would be great..

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Andy