OkayamaDenim.com - Japanese Denim direct

OkayamaDenim

Amongst some other new additions to our Japan Blue line-up, we just got a full restock of the JB0450. Cut from 9.5oz Slub Chino Selvedge fabric, the pants feature a Tapered fit that is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, comfortable thigh area, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening.

97ec33a8c67211e2a1c622000ae90129_7_1.jpg

The fabric is dyed using a special machine called a “Jikkaâ€, or Home in Japanese. Jikka dyeing machines were produced before the 1950′s and are very difficult to use because it is a very slow process, but the process is carried out with more care and causes less damage to the fabric then modern dyeing techniques. The result is a fabric that shall yield a natural fade after wearing and will give the appearance of real vintage chinos.

IMG_1683_2.jpg

This picture shows a sample pair worn for 3 months on the left, and a brand new pair on the right.

Browse these and more at OkayamaDenim.com

Edited by OkayamaDenim

• 1 month later...

Was attempting to place an order with you guys but did not receive a shipping quote to California? 

Did I do something wrong or is the shipping calculated post-order?

Cheers

I just ordered, no free shipping actually :) if you want to get the quote you  just have to keep going with your paypal account then it will eventually show you the cost of shipping !

After you confirm trhu Paypal, you put your adress, and then the website will redirect you to one of their page where you'll choose the shiping method, you can still change your mind at this point :)

After you confirm trhu Paypal, you put your adress, and then the website will redirect you to one of their page where you'll choose the shiping method, you can still change your mind at this point :)

Thank you for clarifying the purchase process for the rest of community. Much appreciated!

Nothing beats a high quality Tee to wear out on Summer evenings, and this new Pure Blue Japan we just got definitely encompasses the top quality we look for in Indigo garments. Stitched using two different indigo dyed cotton fabrics, the real novelty with this piece is the pocket. Using two round brown leather patches with reinforced brass flathead rivets as the two points of the chest pocket, with the chest pocket, neck line and sleeves sharing the same fabric. Retails for US$95 here.

PBJ_5304_Front.jpg

Another top quality Tee coming from PBJ is the new V-Neck Tee developed for this summer. Sharing the exact same fabric as the PBJ Indigo Dyed Tee, the fit has a stronger taper coming down the seams of the torso for a slimmer look. Available now for US$90 here.

PBJ_SV5005_Front.jpg

And finally, we have a new rendition to the classic Indigo Dyed Zip Hooded Sweatshirt. The new version shares all the same qualities as the original, it is just a pullover version and features a slightly slimmer fit than the original zip version. These are available online at OkayamaDenim.com today for US$265 here.

PBJ_Pullover_Logo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to let it be know that dealing with OD was among my most pleasant shopping experiences. The crew was more than accommodating and despite my abhorrent Japanese, communicated with me in impeccable english!

My jeans arrived in three business days time to my door from Japan to Northern California (USA). Even added a free gift! Will post pictures of jeans in here soon.

Could not be happier!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to let it be know that dealing with OD was among my most pleasant shopping experiences. The crew was more than accommodating and despite my abhorrent Japanese, communicated with me in impeccable english!

My jeans arrived in three business days time to my door from Japan to Northern California (USA). Even added a free gift! Will post pictures of jeans in here soon.

Could not be happier!

:D

Great to hear your feedback, and we are glad that you are happy with your purchase!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love that shirt. I hope it will be available in sizes that would fit guys like me with bigger chest measurements. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh and the 1108XX's are just perfect and the red bandana is great too. Thanks for the fantastic service.

Edited by devilish

I love that shirt. I hope it will be available in sizes that would fit guys like me with bigger chest measurements. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh and the 1108XX's are just perfect and the red bandana is great too. Thanks for the fantastic service.

Glad the order worked out and the jeans fit well. Regarding the shirt, they are only produced up to a size 44. But this year (compared to previous seasons) all the shirts by Momotaro fit slightly larger and closer to western sizing.

G014_Button_Detail_copy.jpg
Just landed a few standard pieces by Momotaro in all sizes at our webstore online. Included in the new delivery are the Deep Blue denim versions of the three original Copper Label series. They include the G019-MB, G014-MB, and the G017-MB.
All three jeans reflect the same cuts as the other G003-MB, G004-MB, and the G007-MB models in the series. The main difference is the Deep Blue indigo denim fabric used on the original three cuts of the series.
G017_MB_Front_Stand.jpg
The Momotaro Copper Label G017-MB 14.7oz. Deep Blue Indigo denim
SJ191_AW_Front_Stand.jpgThe Momotaro 8oz. Washed Selvedge Jail Pocket ShirtSJ191_AW_Front_Flat_Angle.jpg

SJ191_AW_Selvedge_Detail.jpgDetails on the 8oz. Washed Selvedge Jail Pocket ShirtSJ191_Front_Stand.jpgThe Momotaro 8oz. Selvedge Jail Pocket Shirt
SJ191_Chainstitch_Detail.jpgTwo white lines on left arm representing Japan, have become synonymous with the Momotaro brand.

Edited by OkayamaDenim

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone emailed or been able to get in contact with Okayama Denim? It has been a month since the last time anyone responded about my order. I wonder if something may have happened as they have not updated this thread in a while. Am I the only one having trouble getting a response?

***12.18.13 Everything taken care of and well received, I appreciate all of the help.

Edited by Flat

Has anyone emailed or been able to get in contact with Okayama Denim? It has been a month since the last time anyone responded about my order. I wonder if something may have happened as they have not updated this thread in a while. Am I the only one having trouble getting a response?

Hey,

Our customer service is in full effect and if any one of the following e-mails is contacted, you will receive a response within a day or two. So maybe you are contacting the wrong address?

Please write us at [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]

Feel free to contact us at any time, and we are always happy to help with sizing, questions about products and any other questions you may have regarding our service!

BBJ_Scarf_Wrap.jpg

Brown's Beach Muffler

We have several new products from famed outerwear brand, Brown's Beach. Originally produced in Worcester, MA, the brand has been revived in Japan and reproduction products have been rolling out since 1901.

Browns_Beach_Front_Flat.jpg

Brown's Beach Early Vest

Browns_Beach_Tailored_JKT_Front_Flat.jpg

Brown's Beach Tailored Jacket

Browns_Beach_Shawl_Cardigan_Angle.jpg

Brown's Beach Shawl Cardigan

Edited by OkayamaDenim

484716a8608511e3a98f0ea8daf3f523_8.jpg

We just received two new jean cuts and a pair of Chinos by Pure Blue Japan this week to our online store.

6379d70e5bb111e3a5ce120ade99cc62_8.jpg

The XX-013 is the same Slim Tapered cut as the original XX-011, but using the same Slubby Indigo Blue denim fabric that is used on the XX-003, XX-004, and XX-005.

PBJ_XX017_Buttons.jpg

The XX-017 is an updated version of the XX-011, and XX-013, again using the same cut as the original XX-011 but with an updated Cobalt Blue Selvedge denim fabric that is new to the PBJ collection. Incredible detail was invested into the development of this fabric, and even in the construction no detail was skipped. Even the chainstitch thread construction matches the vibrant Cobalt Blue color of the inner fabric.

PBJ_Chino_Button.jpg

Finally, we also have from the Pure Blue Japan brand, a special pair of Vintage Chinos that have attempted to recreate the feel and fit of a pair of Vintage Chino pants. The pants are of a beautiful Camel color with a slightly slubby feeling fabric that adds to the character of this already stylish pair. UNIVERSAL Japan® hardware make this pair our favorite pants this winter.

All three models are available online today at OkayamaDenim.com.

Edited by OkayamaDenim

Hey guys. Just wanted to try hitting you guys up on here since I know you are very busy with holiday orders but I kinda need to see if there is a way to expedite your reply to my email since I'm trying to get this figured out by christmas. My name is Luis I had ordered the pbjs that were sold out . Hopefully you get this and it helps.

Cheers

Hey guys. Just wanted to try hitting you guys up on here since I know you are very busy with holiday orders but I kinda need to see if there is a way to expedite your reply to my email since I'm trying to get this figured out by christmas. My name is Luis I had ordered the pbjs that were sold out . Hopefully you get this and it helps.

Cheers

Hey Luis,

We got back to you on a couple e-mails. Please read them over and reply us via e-mail. Thank you for your patience!