Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Here are a few pics of my White's, I got all 3 pairs second hand for nothing. I am currently awaiting an order for a new pair of custom semi-dress, 2 1/2 down so far. Also ordered a pair of Nick's in better condition then the boots here.

p1010006jl.jpg

p1010009og.jpg

p1010014wk.jpg

Thanks! I believe so, yes, based on the BENCH MADE IN ENGLAND stamp on the original sole, which looked like the cheaney stamp. I got them in Osaka a few years ago, they're very comfy.

Yeah, that's a sign they're Cheaney (also seen on some Tricker's), and also the stamp on the insole, often halfway under the sock liner, that looks like this inside these loafers:

imag0092at.jpg

And I'm sure that no one actually needs to see a fit pic of brogue boots being worn in the rain, but I don't care because these boots are magnificent:

001que.jpg

Beautiful rodeo bill, beautiful. I think they look much better on commando soles than leather as the bowling shoe toe is less formal. I might have to look for something similar myself. Where did you get the resold done?

^^thank you! yeah I'm really pleased with them, and I'm already wearing them more frequently than I did on leather. The resole was done at Rompski's just off Fulham Broadway in London. £70 for a full sewn resole and heel, not the cheapest but not bad and they did a lovely job, and quick. They also did the resole on this pair that I posted a couple of pages back. Recommended!

I'm going to be placing my very first custom White's order very soon, and I'm wondering if someone could provide some insight on what black leather option has the most texture and character. Possibly something with a slight pebbled texture, or something that's not totally smooth. I have a pair of black smooth boots and am looking to do a combination of black rough out and another black leather on these.

Thanks all.

Yeah, I thought about bull hide. That's probably what I'll go with. Black ostrich looks pretty cool too.

East West in the UK has a really helpful set of photo's of many of the leathers White's offers.  Sounds like voyager leather might be what you are after

http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/leather-samples

Edited by garden gnomes in space

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...