superconfessional

there would probably be long term consequences in terms of trust, but i could easily pay back the money on a 2 month loan if a didnt cop anything for a while

max i'll be in nyc in early september (week of 8th-14th) if my summer job in la the 8 weeks before works out, hope thats when fashion week will be. we'll definitely have to play some tennis and squash (i only started playing squash a few weeks ago but its so much fun even though i suck).

edit: yo lab its not even that i spent that much (housing and flights and such are stuff that my parents tend to pay) but the cc limit is just this metaphorical number that you do. not. touch.

there would probably be long term consequences in terms of trust, and i could easily pay back the money on a 2 month loan if a didnt cop anything for a while

max i'll be in nyc in early september (week of 8th-14th) if my summer job in la the 8 weeks before works out, hope thats when fashion week will be. we'll definitely have to play some tennis and squash (i only started playing squash a few weeks ago but its so much fun even though i suck).

how do you spend 1000 euros in one month at the bar?!?! that is insane

1 vodka orange or such = 10 euros

getting into a club = 10-20 euros

i go out 4-5 nights a week

the numbers work out

vienna isnt quite london but its expensive as hell if you want to go to places that classy girls go to

daaamn 4-5 nights a week is what does it, and which lins jawn is it?? i love my lins coat more than any of my other shit so my recommendation would be that unless the mmm youre talking about is the leather that dismal has.

1 vodka orange or such = 10 euros

getting into a club = 10-20 euros

i go out 4-5 nights a week

the numbers work out

vienna isnt quite london but its expensive as hell if you want to go to places that classy girls go to

winq and I spend about $1500 a month on alcohol, and we don't even go to the clubs and pubs that often anymore. In fact we are barely functioning in life.

Was it a leather MMM?

good to see that someone on here spends as much on alcohol as i do

the margiela was a classic overcoat with some cool details at the shoulder and really minimalistic except for that. not really looking for a leather jawn antmore. tried on some ro, but didnt like it, wouldnt even cop at supermarket prices i think. the lins put me off because there was fur coming out at the collar and on the sleeves and at the bottom and thats just way too much.

peewee herman scared the shit out of me when i was a kid with that laugh of his, i watched it about an hour ago and it still has the same effect on me.

peewee herman scared me shitless when I was about six, and he still creeps me out. good to know that someone else was terrified of that motherfucker.

i didn't know that but you guys should so totally check the latest series called power rangers jungle fury. some kung-fu steez up in thurrrr. it got boring after the turbo power rangers but i'm getting hooked watching the new ones.

I have the impending feeling that i left out on small insignificant part of my application and that it will be null and void.

in other news christmas break begins and drug testing ends!

yay

but phil, the fact of the matter is this: as much as you think you "finished" your applications - you never do. There IS always something you forget, usually more as part of the application itself than the supplemental and write-in portions, but once you submit them and you have written what you feel you need to say, you always remember there is more you wanted to say (not within the word limit) and things you would have rather said. Don't feel so bad, I'm on take2 of my applications and its slow going. Thank god most of them are due by April/May.

me2 jeepy

try the manga homunculus

shit is pretty fucking up

Homunculus is awful. Shit is for people who don't like themselves and want to read manga that is mad highbrow fucked up yet somehow unenjoyable.

Read anything by Shintaro Kago. You can google it but it's pretty nsfw most of the time. Check out the short Fetus Collection. You're kinda shocked but also intrigued and impressed that anyone can have ideas like this.

I'd really like someone to recommend a manga sorta in the vein of Evangelion/Akira - something philosophically challenging as well as emotionally straining. I mean, I hate to put it up to the celebrity-status mangas of history, but I hate stupid throw-away series that really mean nothing in the long run - just another reason I don't read manga that much as it is. If its not up to par with the likes of those, then I really don't have patience for it. Art has to be really good too considering the level those are at. The Battle Angel series is "ok" at best when stacked against Eva/Akira, so I need something thats gonna hold my attention and for lack of a better term, encompasses the whole "epic" ideal.

Recommendations?

Recommendations?

I haven't been that into manga/anime for a while, but anything by Naoki Urasawa is fucking brilliant. Specifically Monster. 20th Century Boy is really interesting as well, but it goes too long for its own good imo.

I'd also say that Monster is definitely better than Eva. I haven't read the Akira manga though, so I can't comment on that.

I haven't been that into manga/anime for a while, but anything by Naoki Urasawa is fucking brilliant. Specifically Monster. 20th Century Boy is really interesting as well, but it goes too long for its own good imo.

I'd also say that Monster is definitely better than Eva. I haven't read the Akira manga though, so I can't comment on that.

While Akira is a visual spectacle, the movie completely loses the point of history dooming itself to repetition and gets muddled, and the horrendous English translation never helps. I've seen the Jap and English versions, Japanese obviously better, but they try too hard to condense such a massive story into under 2 hours. You miss out on a lot of the amazing dialogue and the story gets essentially lost in translation, both from manga to film, but also writing to voiceovers. Probably my favorite manga next to Eva, but I'll have to check out Monster now that you've recommended it.