ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

I finally awoke to post an update, well i think my pair can go on for another 2 years without problems!  :D

Please excuse the soso celphone pics the color is a bit weird on the 1st one.

As for washing these jeans entered the machine at least once every month.

dbk1.jpg

hea8.jpg

brsy.jpg

the roping 

gl2s.jpg

and bonus cooking pic

ao5e.jpg

Bon appétit!  ;)

Edited by royalcheese

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone...had a fever/cough for about 2 weeks and when I finally went to the doctor I learned I have pneumonia! So I've been hopped up on meds and staying at home the whole time. Jeans just went through a wash, I'll have some pics when they dry!

great updates flash! here are mine, no real changes actually...

10496788566_70c3fa959d_z.jpg

patch might need some conditioning soon

10497003273_765f589e1c_z.jpg

lovely oxidation

10496817846_6aed367154_z.jpg

hidden rivets taking on a new pinkish hue (remind me of double 0's freewheelers)

10496832965_7abfda6565_z.jpg

cloudy buttons

10496856464_ea373e67cd_z.jpg

10497045583_b99d59cbe9_z.jpg

phat ropes

10496875964_bfcbe9c148_z.jpg

someday I'll get full shots of the jeans, just need to figure out a good setup/lighting...

Nothing like a good cup of coffee.....
iMx1CEYfJc2Fo.JPG

So anyway...end of month update:

iriNx4BuUiUEe.JPG

ibv0M8bJaJpxSf.JPG

ibkg8OkC8nD6S4.JPG

ibdFddr1U4AoWY.JPG

Subtle degradation of rivet

it22YGn3YSXyL.JPG

Hole getting slightly bigger...

iZH0BywuizXis.JPG

ibrC7pQVbADAN0.JPG

Not much happening on the whisker front though...  :(

Edited by redragon

phat ropes

10496875964_bfcbe9c148_z.jpg

someday I'll get full shots of the jeans, just need to figure out a good setup/lighting...

aho, do you know how many times ryo-hiro folded the hem? i got my dry bones hemmed at take 5 shanghai and they also display phat ropes like that. i know mars & co at that store folded the hem the "tender & co" way (like the "tender cuff", big single fold then fold that in half again so there are 4 layers of denim in the hem), which also means the hem is a bit heavy (4x14oz denim i suppose on it alone) and sometimes a bit hard to single cuff (keeps falling down).

nerd out on me on this detail man.

:)

^simon KILLING it!

oomslokop, sorry just saw your post! to be honest I have no idea, sorry I can't nerd you out! However the roping in my opinion is a result of the shrinkage of this denim and the number of times I've washed (25+ at this point, lost count)...

Nice one.  If I wasn't so prone to stay-cations it would be cool to travel for a meet up with somebody.  But I just work too hard.  My lurker buddy "overexposed1" and I were talking about this with satchelbmoore.  Satch feels all invigorated and vivacious after the endorphin rush of portaging canoes through hell in Northern Minnesota.  I think trade guys are actually endorphin junkies -- as in the sad sort of fried-out junkies.  We trickle-feed on those endorphins all day long, every day......then we crash super hard and just want to be alone doing absolutely nothing.

As for jeans, I've been moonlighting with my PBJ 005bk til I have time to repair the Ooe's.  I'll get some updates up but there's not much new atm.

$ for jeans > $ for travel   &  camping fades > shop/hemming fades!

jyoni's ooe's are mighty pretty.

Edited by satchelbmoore

Thanks everybody, much appreciated.  Even with 9 months of anticipation still can't believe she's here. Also have a move and a job change coming before the end of 2013, what a crazy year. Glad to be in my Ooes for at least part of it.

Goes without saying that all the jeans are looking great as well. Loved that patch post on the Ooe blog too, really cool.

There was a baby during the Left Field contest too, yeah? Sufu contests make babies happen.

It's the pressure to minimize washing -- more pheromones in the jeans :)

Congratulations!

And redragon, the fit has fallen really well on those.