Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

# riff nice collour 1st time i seen red alden in this threads at least..or im so lazy to dig previous page.

# Standard colour is nice...but wana see those baby more orange too.. looks like cork soles to me..J.Hill

e1885215.jpg

Your Indys have aged very gracefully!

Very interesting colour too, I think closer to the current 403 than the 405.

llbean.jpg

Another nice pick-up mate!

What era do you reckon they're from?

I don't know much about the LL Bean brand...

your indies remind me of chicken's indiens riff, I always liked the look of indies with honey vibram soles, would rep but you know how it is... :o

I'm going to wax the laces that came with my white's SD... Anyone do that and do you know the best way? I was just going to soak them in hot wax and wipe clean... Plus, the laces White's give you for these are a tad too long...

I'm going to wax the laces that came with my white's SD... Anyone do that and do you know the best way? I was just going to soak them in hot wax and wipe clean... Plus, the laces White's give you for these are a tad too long...

Best bet is to buy Alden's waxed laces.

I haven't checked to see if they are the same length, but I think the waxed Cotten laces for Alden 405s might work. You can order them over the phone from the Madison ave shop in NYC and I imagine you could do the same from the San Fran store. The semi dress laces definitely leave something to be desired.

Also, has anyone here tried the white's leather laces on the semi dress? I've been thinking about trying those out.

I haven't checked to see if they are the same length, but I think the waxed Cotten laces for Alden 405s might work. You can order them over the phone from the Madison ave shop in NYC and I imagine you could do the same from the San Fran store. The semi dress laces definitely leave something to be desired.

Also, has anyone here tried the white's leather laces on the semi dress? I've been thinking about trying those out.

I think the Alden waxed laces that I have on my semi-dress are for the 405s. They are shorter than the White's laces and work much better aesthetically and functionally.

Cut some kangaroo strips (around 1.5 to 2 mm thick usually) and use as laces :)

ATT Aussie dudes... I have a lot of Cat's Paw heels coming in, if you want to join the group buy, PM me with your details (size, quantity, etc).

Need to know within a day or two!

These are not shoes that look better with age, as they are brand new, but this seems to be the most appropriate thread, so......

Apologies in advance for a post that may be both pic, and word heavy.

I asked for some advice last week on which model of Grenson Fred to purchase (Vibram or none Vibram), to which I was advised to go with the leather soles, and what good advice that turned out to be, as I think these are the most beautiful boots that I have yet owned (although not everyones cup of tea).

I had read a couple of warnings around the net about the quality of the Grenson Rushden collection, when compared to the Rose collection, and other top line English manufacturers such as Trickers or Sergent, but I have not seen much of a problem with the construction on these boots, and they compare well with Trickers which I have owned. I think the main issue for many has been that the uppers are stitched in India, and then sent to the UK to be attached to the soles.

Sizing wise, the boots fit a pretty standard half size on the large side, but not a problem with reasonably thick socks.

The service from Pediwear was top class as always, and I am very happy with my purchase, I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

Hi guys. Found these hikers this morning. Anyone know what they might be?

Real deal Viberg soles. Rivets at points of tension in the rear. Says made in Italy on the inside. They have very little wear, but there's some damage around the ankle support in one of them. Soles look brand new. Way too small for me. Size 7. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

I was really hankering for some old time boots in brown. The William Lennons that Paul and another dude awhile back picked up are the hot ticket, but out of my depth these days (as affordable as they may be compared to some). I considered the Marine corps toe-cap repos, but really wanted brown soles as well. Perseverence paid off and I was able to pick up these LL Beans. Not for a steal, but definitely reduced scratch.

llbean.jpg

They look great in the sun, but are a little dark and gray indoors. I'm thinking maybe playing with some polish to orange them up a bit.

They are obviously older models as they do not have the Vibram Chippewa cork soles, but treaded cork soles labled Gro-cord 'tappers'.

I looked for Gro-cord soles but cold only find references to vintage boots. Did Chippewa use old stock soles before the vibram did the cork? The heels are wearing fairly quickly and may have to find something tougher sooner than I hoped.

I usually don't go for the 360 degree welt (ala Trickers) but these are fairly tightly proportioned around the heel, so I don't mind it.

Need work boots that resemble these and are comfortable.. help me out, my redwings are killing me

Another nice pick-up mate!

What era do you reckon they're from?

I don't know much about the LL Bean brand...

I don't think they are vintage or anything. Just LL Bean Katahdins. I just know that current ones use the Vibram soles with the Chippewa indian head.

For Jack and Coke, I've never had Redwings, but can't imagine these are any more comfortable. They are heavy and clonky the way I like them, but being a half size up from my normal, I had room to put in some supportive insoles. The leather is that oil stuffed pull-up (or whatever they call it) and scuffs like crazy if that matters to you.

I recently picked up these vintage deadstock Red Wings on ebay. Great condition other than being slightly smushed from being in the box for years, and the little leather heel insert is peeling up at the edges a bit. I wish I knew when they were from, but I haven't a clue how to date them

Before applying LP:

iKVSh.jpg

ezrZm.jpg

WEtFx.jpg

After applying LP:

XtRh4.jpg

I recently picked up these vintage deadstock Red Wings on ebay. Great condition other than being slightly smushed from being in the box for years, and the little leather heel insert is peeling up at the edges a bit. I wish I knew when they were from, but I haven't a clue how to date them

If you have a picture of the tag, that would be helpful in id'ing their age.

If you have a picture of the tag, that would be helpful in id'ing their age.

Here's the outside of the tongue. The number embossed reads:

12 8 957 66026N2

mjwbQ.jpg

Here's a pic of the tag on the inside of the tongue. This probably isn't much help but AMERICA FUCK YEAH

RuQRn.jpg