Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I was just looking at some Pecos myself. Found some on the bay for about $120. The Red Wing 866 are the best looking imo.

sweet, might have to scavenge the bay...

I much prefer them without the white crepe sole though:

IMGP7568.jpg

IMGP7570.jpg

Loake has some part of production outside of the UK?! They must have some massive balls to charge what they do.

I recently picked up these vintage deadstock Red Wings on ebay. Great condition other than being slightly smushed from being in the box for years, and the little leather heel insert is peeling up at the edges a bit. I wish I knew when they were from, but I haven't a clue how to date them

Before applying LP:

iKVSh.jpg

ezrZm.jpg

WEtFx.jpg

After applying LP:

XtRh4.jpg

Nice pick..this model are no longger produce by redwing.Kinda look like iron ranger whitout toe cap.And the good news is RW will reproduce it again.Anyway i like the collour beffore apply LP.:cool:

does it have the cellastic toe? I wonder if they make one without cellastic toe, I guess if you put cap toe on, it should be stiff enough..

It does have the cellastic toe.

Hey Roy6, where did you get those shoestrings?

Kinda reminds me of the ones on my Ironrangers.

I dig it!

You know, I don't remember where they came from. They were laying around the closet- quite possibly they did come from some Redwing or another.

Cheers, what are you using to impregnate the leather?

An organic, protein rich leather conditioner.

need info about Weinbrenner(Thorogood)boots sizing, i usually wear a sneakers(vans & conv) 9US, in Redwing, my size an 8.5D and fit perfectly, anyone can help? cheers!

Sizing is the same as Red Wing. The Thorogood boots are a great value.

Check these out in addition to the mainline stuff:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-982/Thorogood-for-Epaulet-/Detail

bl@ster

Tiro, there are quite some 866's to be found on fleabay for around 130$ new. I'm also looking to buy a apir (oneday) and have a cobbler replace the crepe sole with something more aesthetically looking.

Mr Freedom still has the RC's in my size but price is killing me. I asked if they have a lay-away plan :o. Other option is a pair of Wesco's but since they dont do leather soles, i'll have to go the vibram half sole route.

Slab, MF does have a layaway plan! No minimum requirements or huge payments. It's a great option on the RCs due to the price. I'm going to take advantage of it and do 3 payment of $320 to pay them off.

Are you positive Wesco doesn't do full leather sole? I thought it was an option on Bakers Shoes?

Hi guys, pretty urgent question. For the trickers keswick do you wear the same size as malton?

No. Keswick is the more generous 4444 last, like the Ilkley, the Malton is the more standard 4497, like the Stow. Received wisdom is to size down by a half with the 4444 - although I found that didn't work for me personally, the result seemed slightly long but slightly narrow.

need info about Weinbrenner(Thorogood)boots sizing, i usually wear a sneakers(vans & conv) 9US, in Redwing, my size an 8.5D and fit perfectly, anyone can help? cheers!

I would go have a size up from your Red Wing size. I wear a 10D in RW and got a 10 in the Thorogoods but they have an insole so they were a bit tight.

Ok so i ordered a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in black. waiting for them to come in. my question is which product should i use for them?

i know theres obenaufs, sno-seal, i also saw some montana pitch blend leather dressing.

i plan on wearing these pretty much everyday. i live in southern CA so rain/snow wont be much of a problem.

I don't think the Imperial's are all shell. Just the actual codrovan ones are shell for sure. But looking at those creases those might be black shell...

^ :) They look great Crash!! Just from the texture, I'm pretty sure those are shell.

I got super-lucky this weekend... I spotted these on craigslist & bought them as fast as I could get over there! Such a steal!!! :)

alden3small.jpg

alden2small.jpg

alden1small.jpg

alden5small.jpg

alden4small.jpg

I'm in love with the colour 8!!! So amazing how it changes with the creasing & under different light!

They have a few scratches - apparently they belonged to this woman's son, who outgrew them - not much of a market for a men's size 7 I guess!