Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thank you for the kind comments.

How easy do you find it to match them to your day-to-day wear, coleslawyum?

I find them to match well with some tan linen pants or some khakis. But I don't care much if they don't match with jeans because thats what I usually wear them with! Definitely a Spring / Summer shoe, however.

Picked up these C & J Sedbergh today for $55. Brand spanking new! A lil scuffed from them storing them in a bin tossed around with other shoes but super excited to have a proper shoe. I picked up some Kiwi Cordavan colored polish the other day and thinking about putting it on these guys to give em a bit of a shine.

picsay-1314319268.jpg

picsay-1314317800.jpg

Yeah, there's a whole size difference between my Eaton and Stow, which are essentially the same boot apart from the brogueing (Eaton being a different name for a semi-brogue Stow). If the boots are a 6 width, you could probably get away with dropping a further half size, unless you're planning on wearing them with chunky socks.

For the attention of roy6:

scaled.php?server=94&filename=dscf3365o.jpg&res=medium

I thought I was special, but you're spreading your wares out for all of the boys.

Sigh.

You mght as well put up that pic of the Veldtschoen construction boot collection, then.

This is probably more than a bit of age on my Paraboot Avoriaz.

P5142180.jpg

P5142181.jpg

This is immediately post cleaning following the West Coast trail. Hiked the WCT in May, and as it turns out, these boots are not just for show, they will get the job done. 7 full days, not a single blister, soaked feet and boots for...well, 7 full days, but that's not fault of the boots, stepping knee deep in water on a fairly frequent schedule will have that effect.

And here they are in action.

P5052100.jpg

Seem to have lost the post cleaning treatment pics, and some pics of my boots on the Sentinel pass hike, but they are still going strong.

hey CTB what kind of saphir polish your using wax or cream?

Wax polish mainly. Very occasionally cream, only have the cream in burgundy and light brown though.

And only use their conditioner on smooth leathers - on grain, it sometimes leaves a residue once it's been exposed to water. Easy to remove, just irritating if it happens at the start of your day.

CTB's Veldtschoen collection, not mine, sorry for the poor grammar.

Deeply flawed, no?

I'll get a better pic over the weekend, with a special one just for your eyes only.

for those of you who are interested in how the new lasts for the Alfred Sargent "exclusive" range will look like, here are some images..

http://alfred-sargent.blogspot.com/p/as-exclusive-lasts.html

Gotta spread, but cheers for that...nice to see the lasts, with MTO in mind...

Veldtschoen boots:

scaled.php?server=23&filename=dscf3375v.jpg&res=medium

Clockwise from far left: Tricker's 'Lyndhurst', Alfred Sargent 'Kelso', Lotus, unbranded boot.

The unbranded boot is going in for a resole in the next week or so, as I almost kicked a passerby in the chin last week when I skidded on the pavement and then stacked it straight onto my arse...

And for my next attempt at dyeing leather, I'll be going to work on these Cheaney 'Warwick' in the next few days. Thought the shape of the toe would add a certain 'bespoke' look to the shoes once finished (assuming that I don't cock things up):

scaled.php?server=695&filename=dscf3369o.jpg&res=medium

Watch this space...

There are some nice looking shoes on their blog, I'm really liking the Hamstead and the Ramsey. I think a double monk strap will be my next high end shoe buy.

It seems to me that these new models have a more C&J vibe to most of them. I'm definitely going to go see the trunk show when it's here.

CTB, nice family portrait. Are you going to go for that same red color as before or something different?

Those Cheaney would look good in a slightly darker brown with that graded polish look that has the darker toe area.

When done properly that's a good look, not when faked by lesser shoe makers though. I think you have the polishing skills to pull it off however.

CTB, nice family portrait. Are you going to go for that same red color as before or something different?

Those Cheaney would look good in a slightly darker brown with that graded polish look that has the darker toe area.

When done properly that's a good look, not when faked by lesser shoe makers though. I think you have the polishing skills to pull it off however.

Thanks, too kind!

I've ordered a small selection of dyes, because I was thinking a darker brown, too. Possibly a medium brown with deep brown toes with some burgundy shading...

watching this space to see what CTB conjures up next out of his magic hands. will be interesting to watch and i dont think i have seen you cock anything up yet so far, so fingers crossed. the first try looked fantastic and i am confident of better things to come!

the harold and the lombard appeals to me the most right now but i guess sometimes you have to see the real thing to make a verdict! too bad the trunk show will probably never come round where i live at, so i will have to live vicariously through the lives of others!

Here are my indy boots and trickers Wetherby well worn and looking better with age:

6083006183_b9465efca0_z.jpg

6083549052_3b060d536e_z.jpg

I don't really wear these anymore so I'm considering letting them go for a cheap price. Size 8.5EEE (Aldens) UK8 1/2 (Trickers) if anyone is interested.

I'm typically home on Fridays and am often saddled with conference calls. I've gotten in the habit of using this time to multi-task. Here's what I accomplished today over the course of ~2 hrs of conf calls:

DSC_9386jsm.jpg

DSC_9385jsm.jpg

DSC_9390jsm.jpg

These are the ones that needed a shine with the exception of the AE Westchester in Walnut which I just picked up this week (2nd fr left in the 1st image).

Great stuff...what are the others?

DSC_9386jsm.jpg

L-R

Allen Edmonds Manhattan, Chili, ~2 yrs old

AE Westchester, Walnut, brand new, worn once or twice

J&M from their 'Made in Italy' collection from ~4 yrs ago.

AE Tresana, Cabernet Brown, from their ill-fated Italian-made, 'Seven' line, ~1 year old

All the AE's were purchased as factory 2nds from the Freeport, ME Allen Edmonds Outlet. The Manager up there, Edward is a great guy. He's gone out of his way to find several pair of shoes for me over the years when he didn't have my size or color in stock even though the sale emails state, "sale price applies only to in stock items."

He's not opposed to shipping out of state either. They are currently running a pretty good sale through labor day.

i remember seeing something written about this, but i dont remember for sure. is there anywhere to get 2268s? fuck those new 2990s.