Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Tiro, there are quite some 866's to be found on fleabay for around 130$ new. I'm also looking to buy a apir (oneday) and have a cobbler replace the crepe sole with something more aesthetically looking.

yeah problem is finding a good cobbler in Belgium and then soles to my liking...

oh yeah, I totally forgot all about the RS bandana & racer shirt, gonna shoot them a mail in the morning, sorry bout that C. :o

^ :) They look great Crash!! Just from the texture, I'm pretty sure those are shell.

I got super-lucky this weekend... I spotted these on craigslist & bought them as fast as I could get over there! Such a steal!!! :)

I'm in love with the colour 8!!! So amazing how it changes with the creasing & under different light!

Cheers, and good find yourself!

The colour on yours is beautiful; I saw a pair of Florsheims in what I was certain was the same a few weeks ago for a similar price as the black ones (about £20) but they were a size too small and I wasn't 100% so I passed them by...

Slab, MF does have a layaway plan! No minimum requirements or huge payments. It's a great option on the RCs due to the price. I'm going to take advantage of it and do 3 payment of $320 to pay them off.

Are you positive Wesco doesn't do full leather sole? I thought it was an option on Bakers Shoes?

thats great news! Hope to hear from John soon.

Well I asked Kyle about the possibility and he told me outer sole always needs to be a vibram sole. It is possible to have a single or double leather midsole though.

thats great news! Hope to hear from John soon.

Well I asked Kyle about the possibility and he told me outer sole always needs to be a vibram sole. It is possible to have a single or double leather midsole though.

Should have posted this before, but I have heard that if you order direct from Wesco you can get a leather sole. It seems they have some non-standard options you can get that aren't exactly on the menu.

Should have posted this before, but I have heard that if you order direct from Wesco you can get a leather sole. It seems they have some non-standard options you can get that aren't exactly on the menu.

maybe so but im sure Wesco is not so forthcoming with 'special' shipping instructions for us EU folks (unless u are willing to proxy ;) )

Just received my Whites SD's from xchen and I already absolutely love them. They are so comfortable that I never want to wear anything else on my feet again.

59e94a61.jpg

9c6d1ba4.jpg

I think brown engineer boots are more easily rotated than the black ones.

and I love those spectators... I've got a pair of black/white, but I've been looking for a pair of brown ones...

I was indeed, the Trickers fitted tts, the Whites fit one size large. I am naturally just over a UK10, the Whites fit like a glove, with about 0.5" of toe room, the Trickers were a little on the large side for me, but I was told that they fitted snug prior to purchasing them.

Anyone here own a pair of Quoddy? Looking at their boat shoes and boots now. Love the customisation options. Anyone know how they fit? D is usually too narrow for my feet, just trying to decide between E and EE.

I found that D width was pretty tight in the mocs I had. Boat shoes were wider. I wear an E width in general and would go with that for quoddy next time I reckon.

How is the sizing on Tricker's Stows.

I'm a 12US so 11.5US on barrie or trubalance last from Alden.

Should a 11UK Trickers Stow fit?

Thanks

I'm 11.5us on Barrie and 10,5 UK on STow - had some 11 but they were slightly large. Having said that I have both 10.5 and 11 UK on Burford so I'd say there is some batch variation definitely. Also check whether the last is 5 or 6 width - my advice would be that 10.5 width 5 should fit as long as they haven't run small.

I'm 11.5us on Barrie and 10,5 UK on STow - had some 11 but they were slightly large. Having said that I have both 10.5 and 11 UK on Burford so I'd say there is some batch variation definitely. Also check whether the last is 5 or 6 width - my advice would be that 10.5 width 5 should fit as long as they haven't run small.

Yeah, there's a whole size difference between my Eaton and Stow, which are essentially the same boot apart from the brogueing (Eaton being a different name for a semi-brogue Stow). If the boots are a 6 width, you could probably get away with dropping a further half size, unless you're planning on wearing them with chunky socks.

For the attention of roy6:

scaled.php?server=94&filename=dscf3365o.jpg&res=medium