Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^ Very nice pick-up mate!!!

Can anyone help with dating these old Biltrite heels & soles?

"Oil Resistant Neoprene", green buttons read "SureStep, Non-Slip"

I know it's definitely post-1951, seller says 1950s.

biltriteneog.jpg

biltriteneoh.jpg

biltriteneoi.jpg

Got a sneak peak at the first prototype of the White's Engineer boot.

http://www.facebook.com/BakerShoe#!/BakerShoe

A few changes on the next round:

Triple stitch the main seams on the vamp and counter

White welt stitch

What do you guys think?

Any feedback is good.

Thank you,

Baker's Shoes

These look no different than from Hathorn's version.

Got a sneak peak at the first prototype of the White's Engineer boot.

http://www.facebook.com/BakerShoe#!/BakerShoe

A few changes on the next round:

Triple stitch the main seams on the vamp and counter

White welt stitch

What do you guys think?

Any feedback is good.

Thank you,

Baker's Shoes

awesome! are they going to cost as much as the current open road or is there a significant price bump? either way, with a different sole, it will be an amazingly beautiful (and i assume functional) boot!

Not really looking better with age so much (as I have only tried them once in 2 years!) but thought i'd share anyhow. Gonna have to let these go soon I think so PM me if intersted before I put them on the market...

USAF Officers Low quater Shoes

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

And the killer detail...

IMG_1244.jpg

Just curious, what makes them USAF Officer's shoes? Thanks

Not really looking better with age so much (as I have only tried them once in 2 years!) but thought i'd share anyhow. Gonna have to let these go soon I think so PM me if intersted before I put them on the market...

USAF Officers Low quater Shoes

I decided yesterday to use up the rest of the leather dye that I had left over from the Cheaneys, and got to work one of an old pair of shoes...Wanted to see what I could do with combining the dye with layering cream and wax polish and a lot of conditioner.

This is the untouched shoe:

scaled.php?server=97&filename=dscf3167l.jpg&res=medium

And this, obviously, is the one that I worked on. Haven't done anything to the midsole, although would probably either make it very dark brown or black if I were to get to work on it:

scaled.php?server=705&filename=dscf3168k.jpg&res=medium

And together:

scaled.php?server=7&filename=dscf3172k.jpg&res=medium

I think I might need to get some different dyes and see what else is possible...

Pretty sure no one in the Air Force has worn anything but black low quarters since we were the Army Air Corp. Navy wears brown.
Just curious, what makes them USAF Officer's shoes? Thanks

Thanks guys - they were sold to me as such, so never really thought to check, so they are more than likely USN then?

I've owned brown SD with a single leather sole for three years now. They look great and are more comfortable than anything else I own. If I'm not at work, the beach or the gym, I'm probably wearing these.

The trouble is, I wear the soles out each year. They are ready to go back again right now, as I've worn through one of the soles again. The solution, I suppose, is to own another pair of something you like just as much, so you can at least distribute the wear.

I don't doubt rubber soles have a three year lifespan all on their own, but Whites boots turn into Frankenstein shoes awfully quickly once you start stacking layers beneath them.

Btw, big in words but can we see the pics? :D

Guest nooblet333
With all due respect, but why would you not clean the boots before listing? It would add a lot to their value, trust me on this one...

Yeah I did hha Ima go retake pictures then thanks!

Looking good, rkusmant. I'll have to get me a pair of shell boots at some point; the C&J Harlech are still calling my name in the night :D

Those unbranded veldt shooting boots came up nicely after some oil and a gentle polish. Been some absolute corkers on eBay recently when it comes to veldtschoen boots and shoe...these and the Lotus will do me nicely now, though:

scaled.php?server=38&filename=dscf3177l.jpg&res=medium

thanks CTB, so I think most of us would like to know how you decide which veldts will accompany you going through the day.

I tried breaking my AS Kelso, but it's too hot, and the leather is pretty stubborn, I guess I'll wait until rain/snow season starts...

thanks CTB, so I think most of us would like to know how you decide which veldts will accompany you going through the day.

I tried breaking my AS Kelso, but it's too hot, and the leather is pretty stubborn, I guess I'll wait until rain/snow season starts...

Every day a dilemma, ha! I'm done for now with the ones above, at least for some time.

I didn't have any problems with the Kelso, although I walk a lot and my feet were used to breaking in the Lotus, which was hard work. The lining in the Kelso won't be pleasant in hot weather though, mine were soaked after a day in our rather more gentle July sun. At least the 'old school veldts' are unlined!

Mad shoe purchasing going on this week, just taken delivery of my Grenson Fred boots, and tomorrow I pay for my first pair of Whites SD (which this thread made me lust after). Currently loving bootmageddon !!!

Nice pick...your selfedge denim ..will look awsome with the KING of boots.:cool:

Some great stuff on this page!!

Inspired by sweapea, here's my Cigar pairs...

Beautiful man! I need to do an update on mine as well.

Today I had on my Indy's - 5 years old, a few repairs, on their third re-sole... Will take proper pics at some point...

e1885215.jpg

I was really hankering for some old time boots in brown. The William Lennons that Paul and another dude awhile back picked up are the hot ticket, but out of my depth these days (as affordable as they may be compared to some). I considered the Marine corps toe-cap repos, but really wanted brown soles as well. Perseverence paid off and I was able to pick up these LL Beans. Not for a steal, but definitely reduced scratch.

llbean.jpg

They look great in the sun, but are a little dark and gray indoors. I'm thinking maybe playing with some polish to orange them up a bit.

They are obviously older models as they do not have the Vibram Chippewa cork soles, but treaded cork soles labled Gro-cord 'tappers'.

I looked for Gro-cord soles but cold only find references to vintage boots. Did Chippewa use old stock soles before the vibram did the cork? The heels are wearing fairly quickly and may have to find something tougher sooner than I hoped.

I usually don't go for the 360 degree welt (ala Trickers) but these are fairly tightly proportioned around the heel, so I don't mind it.

^Denton, I think my Indy's are from the older production, when the colour was more of a dark, russet brown, vs the more orange tone they have nowdays. Quite different from the cherry docs tho.