Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

kind of looks like the heel was taking down 1/4, but then again, it could just be a little less pronounced due to wear

Actually the heel is lower on a single leather soled SD.

They must make the heel higher if the sole is thicker, otherwise the whole boot would tilt backwards...

Fuck. Now I want a single sole with standard heel.

The low profile of the semi dress boot is what makes them attractive. The triple leather sole, cats paw route many choose makes them look clunky instead of sleek.

odd you mention the leather sole... my custom pair that was too small had the half sole and my new stock pair has the leather sole... Totally different in walking in both pairs. I can "feel" what I'm walking on with the leather sole, which I kind of like. I think I walk "quieter" too. It's not like the leather sole of say a dress shoe. Those are thick hard unmoving soles. The SD leather sole gives a little, but still protects. I'm actually glad I now how the leather sole. I'm just worried how long it will last as opposed to the rubber sole.

I've owned brown SD with a single leather sole for three years now. They look great and are more comfortable than anything else I own. If I'm not at work, the beach or the gym, I'm probably wearing these.

The trouble is, I wear the soles out each year. They are ready to go back again right now, as I've worn through one of the soles again. The solution, I suppose, is to own another pair of something you like just as much, so you can at least distribute the wear.

I don't doubt rubber soles have a three year lifespan all on their own, but Whites boots turn into Frankenstein shoes awfully quickly once you start stacking layers beneath them.

Actually the heel is lower on a single leather soled SD.

They must make the heel higher if the sole is thicker, otherwise the whole boot would tilt backwards...

Fuck. Now I want a single sole with standard heel.

thanks for the clarification! I've always wanted to get a pair just like that with a single leather sole, but since I want to be able to use my white's in the rain...that may be a problem :(

^Yep those RW look tasty.

Onehundy, thats a question for Kyle I guess. I never saw anyone from here owning shark.

Now, this is dreeewl. A pair of SD found browsing around.

p550190130-3.jpg

p856723192-3.jpg

I just love the retro classic look of these. The brown semi dress is just wow.

Easy now, dj. Easy...

Totaly agreed with you...this baby is some kind off boots .beyond my reach im in love with SD.

Just bought some tan Loake Burford boots from www.steranko.co.uk for £111 shipped. I recently bought some AS Dumfries so don't really need them but couldn't resist at that price.

They have one more pair left in a size 9 if anyone's interested.

^ You may dub them like I did my Vibergs a page or so back, as they did to veg. tanned leather boots to protect from nerve gas back in the early 20th century.

Careful it will dramatically change (as in, darken and make flat) the appearance of the corium though.

With roughout, you don't have to do anything other than brushing the boots when they get dirty, and allow them to dry all the way when they get wet. Then proceed to brush them afterwards.

For bullhide, just use some boot cream every few months.

Keep your boots clean, the leather moisturized, and rotate them with other boots. Thats it.

maybe i should drop off my White's at the local cobbler and have him remove the vibram sole. that way its also just a single leather sole...

i wouldnt dub roughout boots because i like the 'undubbed' appearance of roughout more but its all up to you

Mad shoe purchasing going on this week, just taken delivery of my Grenson Fred boots, and tomorrow I pay for my first pair of Whites SD (which this thread made me lust after). Currently loving bootmageddon !!!

Put a 430 sole and natural sides on that boot and I think it would look great.

(Also would look great in natural chromexcel...)

Brass buckles an option? That would really push it into the 'excellent' category for me.

All sole options, midsole configurations and leather will be available on this boot. Since this boot will be under the 'White's Boot' division, it will be customizable like the Semi Dress and Smoke Jumper. We're working on sourcing brass buckles...

Natural CXL isn't ruled out yet....just need a little more demand. Maybe Spring 2012....

Keeping the zug flag flying in Paul's absence, these are some unbranded shooting/field boots I picked up...and they fit perfectly, unlike the other Lotus I posted recently.

Made for Simonside Footwear, these have the smell of antique shops and the interiors of classic cars about them. At first I thought they might be Cheaney from the leather and profile, now I'm not so sure...

scaled.php?server=36&filename=dscf3141i.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=153&filename=dscf3140e.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=4&filename=dscf3139t.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=171&filename=dscf3144a.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=40&filename=dscf3142q.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=12&filename=dscf3145w.jpg&res=medium

And with the Lotus (my original pair):

scaled.php?server=232&filename=dscf3148e.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=846&filename=dscf3149.jpg&res=medium