Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I'm going to order a pair of viberg boots. I tried contacting them directly by email at the weekend and haven't heard anything back yet though.....

Thanks for the sizing advise guys! My Roy boots are preordered, now starts the long wait untill march before I can finally wear them.

Does anyone have experience with Viberg boots (Beatle?) How are they sized? 1/2 size down from sneaker size (like Aldens)? What about construction quality? I noticed they are more affordable than White's boots. How do they compare?

Nice boots Edmond,I think i'll give my regular Indies a sno-seal coating tonight to give them some protection against the wet Belgian autumn weather.

bump. Anybody?

http://www.aldenshoe.com/

Stores -> Europe -> Germany -> Telephone?

You don't necessarily need a shop that carries Indies (which is not as common in europe as in the US), just ask if they carry models in the same last... Truebalace I think.

I'm also looking at a pair of Coniston by Crockett & Jones. Does anyone have a pair of these boots. How do they wear?

I think a few people here have Conistons like GregNYC, but he's been away working on a book. I don't have a pair of Conistons, but I do have a few C&J's. All the lasts fit different, so you really need to try on a pair to get a good fit.

In my opinion, Crockett & Jones are a good value for similar Northhampton style English shoes. They are a bit more dressy than Trickers, but the quality is solid and more so with their Handgrade line.

I would put them a step below EG and a step above Church's.

^This man speaks much truth!

I have tried the coniston and would happily buy them. A wonderful boot.

I have a couple of pairs of C&J and have to size up a half due to my rather wide feet. I have some trickers too and the C&J are definitely a cut above in terms of craftmanship and elegance. The welts are finer, the sole leather is nicer and they just feel a bit more special.

Having said that, if you are after a workboot type of style then the C&J coniston is probably not the way to go.

I overheard the manager of C&J telling someone that their skins were the same grade as EG, below Lobb bespoke but above Trickers and Church's.

That's enough of an essay from me.

Hello everybody, any chance to see and try the Alden 405s in person in Germany/ Europe. I have some problems with sizing my feet properly. Even with the Brannock device...

Thanks in advance

http://www.adventurebiltdeluxe.com/

This guy is located somewhere in northern germany,he is in direct contact with alden and selling the 405 to original early 80's specifications.about a year ago they price was 450,-€. AFAIK this is the only place in germany selling them.

My friend took delivery of my modified Bounty Hunters yesterday.

If anyone is interested, here are pictures before (triple sole, soft toe)

3775787516_5c2773492f.jpg

3785917594_bc0be2812a.jpg

And now (double sole, celastic toe)

4010444349_a6c6e03881_o.jpg

4011209418_5b96266d11_o.jpg

4011209386_d4732903e8_o.jpg

Fit pics when the finally arrive here in the UK.

This is one well travelled pair of boots.

pomata, shipping for which boots?

I'm planning to have a custom build Viberg boots made through Bakershoe.

but first need to accumulate the necessary funds!

My friend took delivery of my modified Bounty Hunters yesterday.

If anyone is interested, here are pictures before (triple sole, soft toe)

3775787516_5c2773492f.jpg

3785917594_bc0be2812a.jpg

And now (double sole, celastic toe)

4010444349_a6c6e03881_o.jpg

4011209418_5b96266d11_o.jpg

4011209386_d4732903e8_o.jpg

Fit pics when the finally arrive here in the UK.

This is one well travelled pair of boots.

theyre fuckin sexy!!!

pomata, shipping for which boots?

I'm planning to have a custom build Viberg boots made through Bakershoe.

but first need to accumulate the necessary funds!

actually you can contact them directly !

I'd love a pair of Roy Boots but I need them in a 10E (Or was it EE) and I would assume I can't get them custom.

How does chromexcel fair against Cordovan as far as durability, hue, and overall look? Its between the Roy Boots and AF53's for me. I just want the Roy soles on the AF53's!

Oh and my Indy 405's are looking much better now. I guess the initial wear comes on pretty quick and that frightened me. They sure do scratch and cut easy though. Lord I wish I they were thicker.

How does chromexcel fair against Cordovan as far as durability, hue, and overall look? Its between the Roy Boots and AF53's for me. I just want the Roy soles on the AF53's!

The boot you're looking for is coming to LeatherSoul. Plain toe, #8 on the Barrie last with a plantation crepe sole. They should be coming in soon (I'm anxiously waiting for my pair)

I don't know what sizes they are receiving, but you should contact Tom to find out.

photo.jpg

I'd love a pair of Roy Boots but I need them in a 10E (Or was it EE) and I would assume I can't get them custom.

Oh and my Indy 405's are looking much better now. I guess the initial wear comes on pretty quick and that frightened me. They sure do scratch and cut easy though. Lord I wish I they were thicker.

Chromexcel breaks in to look like old boots pretty quickly, are pretty durable, plus they take larger issues like gashes nicely and has a relatively dull look to it all things considered... frequently develops what I consider to be nasty creasing across the toebox. Cordovan takes forever to develop much patina, but the patina it develops is wonderful. Cordovan is wonderfully waterproof, ultra durable and has a shine to it that only cordovan has...this can always be revitalized by a quick wipe down a brief light polishing. The Roy boots will look like workboots almost immediately...the different Cordovan options will always look as dressy as you want them too, but you can beat them up if a more low key style is what you are after. I consider the Cordovan boots much more worth the money all things considered.

I believe you can call them. Isn't there a contact number on the site?

Yeah that would be a last resort. International calls are more expensive than email! I'm in no desperate rush anyhow.

coincidentally, I just got an email back from the man himself, Brett Viberg. It seems they are very busy at the moment.

Any recommendations on RW's, I'm in need of winter shoes something I can wear just about everyday especially during rain. Anything that will not look way too big on someone who is only 5'6" 145 , yes I'm a little on the short side :o hahaha. Thanks in advance guys :D .

Edit: I was looking at their site earlier and I found the 4300's or the 875's and I'm liking the look for both of them. Any opinions on them?

Any recommendations on RW's, I'm in need of winter shoes something I can wear just about everyday especially during rain. Anything that will not look way too big on someone who is only 5'6" :o , yes I'm a little on the short side hahaha. Thanks in advance guys :D .

red wing 875, 877, 8111(iron rangers), GTs/beckman (9011,9014 and such) are all great shoes very well endorsed by members of this forum. my dad wears a pair of 595 that he likes a lot. they're pretty cool too.

edit: for a man on the short side who is concerned that a shoe might be to large looking for his frame then I wouldn't suggest the 875 or 877. I think the GT/beckman would be a better choice.

Yeah that would be a last resort. International calls are more expensive than email! I'm in no desperate rush anyhow.

coincidentally, I just got an email back from the man himself, Brett Viberg. It seems they are very busy at the moment.

tell him you know me buddy!

pm me your email add and ill send you a file from them there you can choose the options..

bretts a friend of mine

^^Looking good P. Now for some fit pics.

Speaking of Red Wing Round toes (8811, 8166, 8167) I remember coping some joints for a friend who is only 5'7" (that's tall in some parts of the world). Looks really good on him.

thats tall for my country!