Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

ill... new ultimate indys :

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/2009/09/10/alden-shoes-kudu-ultimate-indy/

Alden Shoes – Kudu Ultimate Indy

With the continued popularity of our Alden Ultimate Indy Boots, we present to you our latest version, the Kudu Ultimate Indy. Horween’s kudu leather is essentially heavily oiled and hand treated calfskin, done in the same procedure as shell cordovan. Thicker and more dense than the norm, kudu is definitely a rugged and everlasting leather, perfect for our Ultimate Indy Boots.

Although you may think these are very similar to our standard Ultimate Indys, a closer look will reveal the oiled leather and a different shade of brown. Our Ultimate Indy Boots are made with Horween Brown Cromexcel leather, which has a slight mahogany tone versus these, which are a true dark brown.

$450

kindy1.jpg

Hello SuperFuture forumers! GregNYC here. Been a long time since I've been here, even to read! I was very busy the last year, wrote a book (on philosophy), have an expanded edition coming out next month, been running, and got into collecting G-Shocks and Protrek Casios. But the onset of winter always puts me in a boots mood!

This time, I've become a bit interested in tactical boots (to go with black G-Shocks!) - and I don't know very much about this footwear other than some mentions about the Adidas GSG9s. But I'd love to look into this area, grab some of these boots to wear with black-on-black denim and a Buzz Rickson MA-1 flying jacket. Anyone have info about these boots, or any leads at all? I realize they might not fall into the category of "shoes that look better with age"! Thanks!

--Greg

Leonard — don't forget to pinch them where you want the boot to bend. I think miz wrote about it way back in the beginning of this thread.

That's not an issue for me.

Where it flexes at the ankle is the tightest part, since it holds the foot in your boot. It has two layers of the tough leather at that point. It's a killer.

soaking in water is a more aggressive method. I've never done it cause it scares me, but maybe it'd be worth it. I think akilae did it on his wwII impressions russet service boots.

edit: have to tried treating them with anything? a good 2 coats of Obenauf's LP hairdried into the leather might give you some extra give in the leather.

good wesco's!!!! btw wesco did the 705 on those eh?

Thanks! Yes Wesco offers many more sole options than they did before.

Hello SuperFuture forumers!

--Greg

Greg its great to see you on the board again. I've missed those Indy pics.

I still want those.

You can still cop a pair for $130 in the States.

LL: I've never tried this before, but it's been recommended. Try a warm water soak and let them dry completely. Then apply some boot oil. Might work.

EDIT: erk beat me to it.