Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

uh oh

jumph.jpg

Order placed. I have been waiting for these since they were the topic of heated discussion on this thread...they look better than I imagined.

While a few people have been receiving their service shoes from WWII Impressions, I just got my jump boots from them today! Initial impressions are good, actually better than the service shoes I got from them a while ago. The leather is softer and more supple (my jump boots were a 2007 batch... guess they aren't exactly flying out the doors), not as "glossy", so to speak. Most importantly for me, the cap toe is proportionately smaller on the jump boot, so the leather is given greater flexibility at my toe area and doesn't press down. For some odd reason, despite being the same last and size as my service shoes, albeit EE instead of D, the jump boots are a full half inch longer... I'll attach pictures tomorrow after I've had a chance to actually wear them a bit more for those interested.

While a few people have been receiving their service shoes from WWII Impressions, I just got my jump boots from them today! Initial impressions are good, actually better than the service shoes I got from them a while ago. The leather is softer and more supple (my jump boots were a 2007 batch... guess they aren't exactly flying out the doors), not as "glossy", so to speak. Most importantly for me, the cap toe is proportionately smaller on the jump boot, so the leather is given greater flexibility at my toe area and doesn't press down. For some odd reason, despite being the same last and size as my service shoes, albeit EE instead of D, the jump boots are a full half inch longer... I'll attach pictures tomorrow after I've had a chance to actually wear them a bit more for those interested.

I believe the extra length is so when you land from 2 thousand feet you toes have some where to go...

From Leather Soul's Twitter:

plp.jpg

Any big difference between this boot and the captoe on shoemart? "The Bootmaker's Edition."

Any big difference between this boot and the captoe on shoemart? "The Bootmaker's Edition."

Biggest differences I see are the Shoemart boot is Grant last and Leather Soul's is Trubalance last (same last as the Indy boot); and the design of the captoe detail: Leathersoul's is a perforated captoe. Also the pull tab on the back of Leathersoul's boot.

Trubalance last, perf-cap instead of plain, pull tabs, conceived in this thread, available in smaller sizes (at least for the time being). That pretty much covers it to the best of my knowledge.

that SuFu boot looks amazing! I wanted to pick up the PBT boot with crepe soles but now I'm torn between these two. what to do...

I have the PTB crepe sole and I must say they are the most comfortable and lightweight(not in a bad sense!) boot I have ever owned. Plus it looks great with everything. That being said, I have 1 more boot coming from Tom@Leathersoulhawaii, the Jumper boots. :P Can't wait to get those babies.

TerryE, you are not making it any easier for me to choose!

Is it possible to post a fit picture of your PBt boots?

Just got my wwII impressions rough out boot. They look pretty good. They seem to be pretty well made except for one extremely outrageous flaw.

-2-1.jpg

I'm waiting for california time to catch up with the east coast. They open at 9:00 pacific, then I'll call and see what I can do. I DO know that these are the only 11Ds they had in stock. oh happy day.

Hey Slab. I don't have any pics now but I can take some over the weekend and send them to you. I still haven't figured out how to post on the forum. Too lazy. :o I can provide pics of Alden #8 Indy by LSH too! They are turning a nice brownish tone though.:D PM me your email.

TerryE, you are not making it any easier for me to choose!

Is it possible to post a fit picture of your PBt boots?

erk, ask to speak to the owner (think his name is juan). you'd think they'd do a little quality control before they ship something as expensive as these boots are.

that really sucks.

yeah, I'm going to speak with him. I've already had to because the guy who took my order wrote down the wrong address, which made it so they couldn't be delivered to my house. Juan was a nice guy, I'm just not sure what to do now. I'm pretty sure mine were the last in my size so I might have to wait a long time, or I could get some sort of refund and take them to a cobbler to have them fix it.

and yes, this does really suck.

thats a bummer on the boots!

I don't think you could fix that right as the leather would probably keep tearing wouldn't it?

I have the PTB crepe sole and I must say they are the most comfortable and lightweight(not in a bad sense!) boot I have ever owned. Plus it looks great with everything. That being said, I have 1 more boot coming from Tom@Leathersoulhawaii, the Jumper boots. :P Can't wait to get those babies.

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the PTB's with crepe. I would love to see some additional pictures too!

Wow erk, I feel for you man.

I too am depressed about boots. I got my bounty hunters on Tuesday after ordering in April and getting my friend to bring them over from NYC, and they are wrong.....

Waiting for a response from White's now.

I too am depressed about boots. I got my bounty hunters on Tuesday after ordering in April and getting my friend to bring them over from NYC, and they are wrong.....

Wow, thats a raw deal if ever I've seen one.

what happened? I've never ordered from whites

They ended up as triple leather sole and no reinforced toebox. I'm gutted. I just can't live with triple leather soles, I'm already tall enough haha.

So I'm trying to sort it out with them but it looks like it will cost me... unless anyone wants a pair of 6 inch size 9E Bounty Hunters in smooth brown leather with a triple leather sole and brass hardware.

They ended up as triple leather sole and no reinforced toebox. I'm gutted. I just can't live with triple leather soles, I'm already tall enough haha.

So I'm trying to sort it out with them but it looks like it will cost me... unless anyone wants a pair of 6 inch size 9E Bounty Hunters in smooth brown leather with a triple leather sole and brass hardware.

how will it cost you? You didn't order them that way... why should you have to pay for them? I say return them and get the pair you ordered!