Levi's Vintage Clothing

Jesus christ monkeyballs. Those Levis are awesome.

Thai fakes..... Tell tale lack of cardboard tab. They pop up on ebay pretty regularly from an ebay seller in Japan who always says something to the effect of "I'm not a vintage levis expert, so I don't know what these are exactly, but they're cool looking..."

I have a pair raw that I found by accident. I wore them a few times and they drop indigo like CRAZY!! Everytime I wiped wet hands off on them I could see color change. I understand how they get such great fades on these....

Um, try the LEVIS store:

Opening May 2008

Times Square

1501 Broadway

New York , NY 10036

25 W. 14th Street

New York , NY 10011

212-242-2128

536 Broadway

New York , NY 10012

646-613-1847

750 Lexington Avenue

New York , NY 10022

212-826-5957

Anyone know where I could get a Type II LVC jacket? I believe it was part of the S1 08 range, but I can't find one anywhere!

Any ponters anyone?

Thanks in advance

and neshi san has them

http://www.jeans-neshi.com/mensjeanskan/gjan/levisej-gyan/us70502-0004.htm

http://www.jeans-neshi.com/mensjeanskan/gjan/levisej-gyan/us70502-0003.htm

http://www.jeans-neshi.com/mensjeanskan/levis/xx-aitem/50707-xx.htm

Can anyone tell me what the pre-wash weight of the denim is for a pair of USA market run fall '07 LVC Rigid 1933 501 is? I'd like to buy a pair offered on Ebay, but the guy selling them does not know the weight. As usual, Levi's does not list the weight.

Thanks.

Should be 10 oz and both pairs I've were tough as nails..

first off this thread is *gigantic* so i apologize if i am being redundant here.

i just got a pair of 1955 501s - i got the pack in the brown paper bag with the old school white t-shirt included.

i wanted to get these because i've been wearing (and washing) a pair of edwins (sen-zx) like crazy and i wanted to get something new & dark but with the same baggy-assed workwear fit. so i matched the waist size to my edwins (tagged 30 but true size ~37, i like to wear them baggy and low) but now i have the issue that the thighs & butt are really, really disproportionately baggy.

now i heard that LVCs did a 10% shrink, which would be great, and which i experienced when i got a pair of tight 47 501s that are now totally unwearable for me after one wash & hang dry.

i cold-soaked the 55s and did a hang dry and i was pretty shocked to see that they didn't shrink - not even an inch. the waist is still 38!

i want to get these down to 34-36. should i

1) cold soak again and dry in the dryer

2) hot soak and hang dry

3) hot soak and dry in the dryer

i did check the denim encyclopedia and the "how to shrink" thread but it's full of completely contradictory info.

i was hoping to find someone on this thread who had been through the same process w/ LVC 501s and got good, serious shrinkage without washing out too much indigo (i don't mind losing starch).

Hi ,

Ask youreslf what do you want form your jeans -

a pair of jeans that fit good but have little or no combs , fades - go 40c+ and hot dry

a pair that you need to wear a belt with for a few cold washes then shrink when faded - cold /warm wash in bath and outdoor line dry (dependent on how you have raw sized).

Never use detergent unless in extreme circumstances !!!

Personally , for what its worth , if you have purchased a size up with 55s , hot soak in a bath for a couple of hours and line dry . They will stretch back but persevere until you really feel the need to warm wash . Airfrog is correct , so hang in there . I am two/three pairs thru some Levi/Lee repro models to being happy with size , fading , etc... (and no rule generally fits all mdels in my book !!! so you are correct to ask ) However if $ is an issue be conservative . Aside form this , I hope you achieve what you want/with from your jeans !!!

thanks all for the input -- i'm personally not that crazy about getting super-sharp fades and whiskers in 6 months. i like a little bit of a subtler look. i'm actually fairly impressed w/ the edwins. i have honeycomb creases on the back of the knees and although they're not fading that fast they're holding the shape. really nicely.

i am doing a hot (40 C) soak right now. i am pretty sure they're shrinking in the tub, but i think i'm going to take stock when i get them out re: whether or not to hot dry. i'll probably hot iron & press with starch to get a little of the stiffness back.

Are raw lvcs made in a 31" waist at all. In particular i'm looking for a pair of 55's in that size preferably online.

Modual, I have a pair of LVC rigid '33 501xx in size 31 x 34 that I just bought on Ebay. Since I sized down 1'' the waist is a bit too snug. I'm afraid that after the 1st wash they''ll be too tight. Also the denim is a touch too light for my taste. Here's the ebay link showing pics and price I paid: http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVI-STRAUSS-1933-VINTAGE-501-Deadstock-Jeans-31x34-NEW_W0QQitemZ370032890424QQihZ024QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you're interested, I'll consider selling them for any resonable offer.

Disregard the above offer. I've decided to keep these jeans., they're just too nice to let go.

hi guys, i did some research but just basically want affirmation before i pull the trigger

ive been scoping out some 1947 501s but am a little undecided on which size to grab. I tried on a pair of 34s and they fit me pretty decently, but thats without a soak......If i purchase a size 36, they will shrink to about a 34 waist? I read due to the fact that theres more material, 36+ should size up 2 in stead of one in order to compensate for the shrinkage....so i can go with a 36 and be fine?

I swear im not a newb, its just that the lvc thread doesnt have structure like some of the other denim superthreads. Thanks for the help.

and i guess it should be mentioned that im nut trying to get the nut-hugger effect here. Im taking a break from dior to let my balls breathe and better improve my chances of procreating in the future

Modual, I have a pair of LVC rigid '33 501xx in size 31 x 34 that I just bought on Ebay. Since I sized down 1'' the waist is a bit too snug. I'm afraid that after the 1st wash they''ll be too tight. Also the denim is a touch too light for my taste. Here's the ebay link showing pics and price I paid: http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVI-STRAUSS-1933-VINTAGE-501-Deadstock-Jeans-31x34-NEW_W0QQitemZ370032890424QQihZ024QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you're interested, I'll consider selling them for any resonable offer.

Disregard the above offer. I've decided to keep these jeans., they're just too nice to let go.

Hey where did the NRA tag go?

I was wondering about that too. Maybe it's one of those funky 'typo' things everyone seems to run into now and then with lvc. Anyway you're right airfrog, these jeans are tough as nails. At first I was put off by the lightweight ( my guess 9-10 oz.) denim, but upon closer look I find that the denim is actually tougher than my favorite cheapo $30 13.75 oz. stf 501's. The denim is crisp yet feels comfortable as hell when worn and has a nice shimmering gunmetal finish. The craftsmanship is flawless with no defects. The tailoring embodies the genius of the 501 design with perfect boxy fit around the waist and hip with stovepipe legs that drape wonderfully providing a relaxed fitting without a baggy look -- the most comfortable jeans I 've owned. Over all, this is a simple and unpretentious museum quality handmade garment that one wpould expect only from Levi's. I can tell these jeans will wear well over time and last a lifetime. MSRP is $185, I paid $123. I would not hesitate to pay full retail for these. Detailed pics to come when I have time.

Later.......

I was wondering about that too. Maybe it's one of those funky 'typo' things everyone seems to run into now and then with lvc. Anyway you're right airfrog, these jeans are tough as nails. At first I was put off by the lightweight ( my guess 9-10 oz.) denim, but upon closer look I find that the denim is actually tougher than my favorite cheapo $30 13.75 oz. stf 501's. The denim is crisp yet feels comfortable as hell when worn and has a nice shimmering gunmetal finish. The craftsmanship is flawless with no defects. The tailoring embodies the genius of the 501 design with perfect boxy fit around the waist and hip with stovepipe legs that drape wonderfully providing a relaxed fitting without a baggy look -- the most comfortable jeans I 've owned. Over all, this is a simple and unpretentious museum quality handmade garment that one wpould expect only from Levi's. I can tell these jeans will wear well over time and last a lifetime. MSRP is $185, I paid $123. I would not hesitate to pay full retail for these. Detailed pics to come when I have time.

Later.......

They only get better the more you wear'm. Dejan still has'm I think...

Hello all

I've been a long time lurker on here and love the board. I've been having a clean out and came across a pair of Levi's I bought about 8 years ago. I've scoured the boards to try and find anything out about them but I can't seem to find any threads with them in. If I remember from when I bought them in about 2000 they're a copy of a very early pair of Levis and IIRC Levis used the original manufacturing process and machinery.

Here's some piccys

duckpatch2.jpg

duckfront4.jpg

duckback2.jpg

ducklabel.jpg

Sorry if the pics are a bit large :(

Can anyone enlighten me?

many thanks

They're the original cotton duck Levi's Waist Overalls, based on a pair in the archives which for a long time were the earliest known pair of LEvi's pants. You might have seen the Nevada Jeans, these were very similar, but made in cotton duck, the alternative finish for original Levi's; the original model would have dated form circa 1880.

THey were reissued recently, but yours are an earlier example made in Valencia St.