Levi's Vintage Clothing

i've been eyeing up a pair of LVC jp 1968 606 jeans. anyone got an opinion on how they fit? is it new cure skinny or april77/cheap monday skinny (which i doubt). help a brother out here

I really love this 606 fit, it´s a tapered slim fit and the slimmest jean you could get

from levi´s until the early 80s when stretch jeans came in fashion. the 606s don´t fit as skinny as cheap monday or april77, they´ve got more space in the knee, calf area...

btw. : the ramones loved to wear 606s, nearly on every photo you can see em in 606s skinnys

I really love this 606 fit, it´s a tapered slim fit and the slimmest jean you could get

from levi´s until the early 80s when stretch jeans came in fashion. the 606s don´t fit as skinny as cheap monday or april77, they´ve got more space in the knee, calf area...

btw. : the ramones loved to wear 606s, nearly on every photo you can see em in 606s skinnys

wow thanks for the info. i take it you've owned a pair or two of the 606s. would you say they fit true to size? the measurements all show em to have a hem smaller than 17cm so i take it theres some major tapering in the leg?

Has anyone here ever found out from levis why they recommend sizing up on there lvc models ? If i took there advice and sized up 2" on my 55's and 44's i cant imagine how ridiculous and overly big they'd look.All my lvcs fit true to size with the exception of 47's but even these stretch out fine if worn true to size. Its been bugging me for a while so i thought i'd ask. Iirc Paul T mentioned a while ago that he was hoping to talk to the pattern maker and wondered if anything came of this.

I really think the main purpose of these tags, is so you know that shrinkage will take place. For instance if I head to levis and try on a pair of 30s and they fit snug around the waist, then I should purchase a 32, to accommodate for shrinkage. The same would go for the length except 3 inches.

I've finally decided to get a pair but can't decide which one. I know the 1933 and 1937 will both fit but I'm not digging the cinch. The 1955 and 1944 both look good but the 44 is a bit lightweight (10 oz) and the 1955 seems to have too a high rise (13"--13.5") and too small a leg opening (9") (according to one online retailer).

My ideal fit would be a 36" waist with a 13.5" upper thigh, 10" opening and a 11.5"--12" rise. Is there an LVC model that fits this (or close enough) and is there anywhere to try on LVC in person?

606comp.jpg

imo the 606's fit a lot like the new cures. the top is kinda boxy and the legs taper a good deal. No back patch, lemon stitching, pretty big back pockets. I love these and looks like they fade quickly.

i take it the 606s are in the picture you posted? they look pretty baggy did you size up or something. i was kinda hoping for something alot slimmer. thanks anyhow

Just received a pair of 1967 505's in my true size of 32" and they feel pretty tight. I measured the waist and they're nearer to 31" than 32". Can anyone explain levis thinking behind this size discrepancy ? I'm assuming that because they're preshrunk (i think) they expect the jeans to stretch out to a 32" ?? Also can anyone confirm that they are actually sanforized / preshrunk or should i expect loads of shrinkage and therefore size up. Lovely denim on these by the way

^I'm glad someone called me on this because, to be honest, I don't think they are. I got them while I was in Japan last summer and I have yet to find a place that sells them in the States. The tag actually says Levis Premium 505. I asked my homie what he thought, and he was convinced that they were very similar to LVCs so I just figured I might as well post it in the LVC thread since they turned out so nicely.

EDIT (found a link): http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/pr505-0009/

Guest patchmb

Hi

I bought this shirt off Ebay for my boyfriend but he is convinced it is fake, there are no nicks on the poppers, nor red tab on the pocket and the label looks abit dodgy, i would appreciate it you could tell me if you think it is fake.

The links below shows pictures of it.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9092/pic0080mu3.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1064/pic0082af8.jpg

Thanks alot

Would this have been made in Hong Kong?

Rob is correct...this shirt is a reproduction from Levi's Vintage Clothing Line from the S/S '04 collection. I have the exact same shirt. While LVC has most of their denim made in the US, their non-denim items are usually made overseas (Portugal, Turkey, Hong Kong, etc.). I'm not exactly sure where this particular shirt was made, but it definitely wasn't in the US.

hey

Been lurking on here for ages.

Anyways I have about 60 pairs of LVC to sell on ebay, most of it's on already at the moment, more to come in the next couple of days.

I'm not starting auctions at 99p but I don't think I'm being too greedy with the prices. Been watching the ebay LVC market for the last couple of years and this is a pretty fair reflection of what they will sell for to the right person.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmatomas29

But as most of what I know I picked up on here gonna give anyone who wins a pair and mentions the forum a 5% discount. The discount is on the sale price of the jeans only i.e not total price including postage.

Also I will go through the LVC catalogues I have and see if I have any that are missing from the catalogue thread and upload them - about time I started contributing :D

Oh and if anyone on here has been asking me (through ebay) about specific pairs in specific sizes gonna get back to people today when I have sorted through the last of what I have.

but those 505s are meant to be worn tight, i wish mine were tighter...

Yes you are right. I think the cut just probably isnt right for me. The rise is very high and its a very unforgiving cut especially in the top block. It doesnt seem like its a cut that can be worn low unlike 501s