Levi's Vintage Clothing

But if the 551zxx are sanforized, why they look that deep rinsed blue? I own the same pair, and a preshrunked 1967 505 aswell, the denim is of the 505s is really rigid and got this typical silver cast of dry denims... Would be interesting to know which denim is more autentic, the one of the early LVCs or the actuall ones, when I compare my raw 201xx with the raw 1937 501xx from the LVC collection this year, I see a big difference in the habit of the two used denim!?

I have no idea on how the 551zxx/505 0217 denims differ , perhaps another quirk of LVC ? Paul hopefully might shed some light on this .

I had a pair of 505 0217 ordered but 1955s arrived instead !!! (which I kept) or I may have asked the same questions myself a few weeks ago .

if anbodys interested I´ve list my 1944 701s at the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320202919738

thanks =)

How do these differ to the S501?? How come no patch?

copped some 1947 501's yesterday, tried them on today, and well, im kinda disappointed. I wanted a tighter fit, I shoulda sized down 2 but I didnt want to strangle my waist =/. They just feel too loose.

Funny, I think they look nice. They do look slightly loose, but that appears to not necessarily be a bad thing in this case. Also, I thought those would be unsanforized.

copped some 1947 501's yesterday, tried them on today, and well, im kinda disappointed. I wanted a tighter fit, I shoulda sized down 2 but I didnt want to strangle my waist =/. They just feel too loose.

What the??? I sized UP two on my 47s and post soak, they fit tighter than that. I think you ought to give them a good soak and then see if they're still loose.

How do these differ to the S501?? How come no patch?

these are much looser than general S501XXs, I´d say these got a W32 waist but with W36-38 bud and thighs, I don´t know why they got know leather patch but I guess

these was done for a more clean shape for these are orignally womens jeans, maybe

Paul T could clear it up!? the redline is more pale, nearly pink...

This seems to be an LVC enthusiasts post so I figured I would post here as well. I have a bunch og LVC Levi's for sale on Ebay. LVC (multi year) 501's, 505's, 606's, 646's, 684's. Most fall into the 30-34" waist size and most are deadstock or rigid denim. Any interest in any of those? See more detail below:

go to :

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpost50modern

check out my recent feedback to see that these are legit and of excellent qaulity. Some members on this board have already purchased.

10% off high bid from Supertalk members. Just mention Supertalk when you win!

Picked these up from a pal last nite , he got them in a thrift store in LA for $35 (he has kept a pair of 1966 501xx , cost $40 , for himself) . Hardly worn Levi LVC 501 1901s from Fall 2003 . Amazing detailing and soft , dark , lighter weight denim . Not usually my cup of tea but I may just keep these for summer wear .

XMAS036.jpg

XMAS037.jpg

0261024x768cw3.jpg

0251024x768kk1.jpg

Outa curiosity, what size are your 1947's, and what size do you normally wear in a standard pair of 501's found at department stores?

I wear a 32x32 in normal 501's, and looking at picking up a pair of LVC 47's. Any recommendations on sizing? I was under the impression that the LVC 47's are a lot slimmer, especially in the thighs. Should I go up to a 34? I have big thighs (for reference, 31" APC Rescues are baggy, whereas 33" Nudie BO's are way too tight in the thigh).

Okay guys, Denim knows I´m miserable now, so I need to get some money,

I´ve listed some nice 555 1955, worn once at home, these are W(30)29-30 L(40)36,

I usually wear W29-30 and those fit slim on me, a nice way to wear 55s undersized.

The denim is really heavy, at least 14oz.

http://cgi.ebay.de/LEVIS-VINTAGE-1955-501xx-LVC-Big-E-Jeans-Rockabilly-555_W0QQitemZ320204928825QQihZ011QQcategoryZ91240QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you so much for your interest =)

Outa curiosity, what size are your 1947's, and what size do you normally wear in a standard pair of 501's found at department stores?

I wear a 32x32 in normal 501's, and looking at picking up a pair of LVC 47's. Any recommendations on sizing? I was under the impression that the LVC 47's are a lot slimmer, especially in the thighs. Should I go up to a 34? I have big thighs (for reference, 31" APC Rescues are baggy, whereas 33" Nudie BO's are way too tight in the thigh).

I would say 32-33 would be my normal size, these were 36x36. I think I was just misguided by the levi's store workers. They had me try on a pair of 32 in the already washed size and I couldnt even button up one button. so I thought I needed 34, boy was I wrong...

i wear a size 31 in regular 501's (which fit a little bit loose - a 30 would have been fine) but got 32 in lvc 47's. post wash/dry (i wanted to get max shrinkage), they shrank to a 30 but have stretched out to a 31.5 after a few wears. the thighs were tight but have stretched as well to the point where it is comfortable. i'd say to go up to 34 or potentially even higher if the thighs are a major concern for you.

Since 1947's are on topic today, I thought I'd share some fit pictures of my sz 30-34 1947. I just washed them for the first time a few days ago. Dont really know what amount of wear they have to them, bought them a little over two years ago and havent exactly worn them frequently... I guess they've had like six months wear, maybe less. But I felt like washing them since they'll be stored for a very very long time now and it feels better to have them clean in the closet...

1947fit01.jpg1947fit02.jpg1947fit03.jpg

never measured them pre wash but these are the measurements now:

waist: 29 (must have been a 28 when they were just dry cause buttoning them was killing me at first)

upper thigh: 9,5

knee: 8

hem: 7,5

I would say 32-33 would be my normal size, these were 36x36. I think I was just misguided by the levi's store workers. They had me try on a pair of 32 in the already washed size and I couldnt even button up one button. so I thought I needed 34, boy was I wrong...

BEWARE! THE WASHED LVC 47 PANTS ARE MADE BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE THAN THE RAW ONES!

Hence, don't ever take them as a guide!

I would always be careful about downsizing on the 47. The only way to do it is to get your retailer to measure the ACTUAL waist. Most raw 47s are one inch smaller than tag zsize, so 34 inch waist jeans will probably measure 33, shrink down to 31 on their first proper wash, and stretch back out to 32.

Agree with Paul on 47s. Bought 36/34 a few months ago , measured 35 waist on receipt . Cold soaked them and they have remained the same , I generally take a 34 waist but 35 is ok by me . 47s sized up look good , not too slim . 55s on the otherhand , in my opinion need to be bought actual waist size then cold soaked to prevent waist shrink . But like most things , its' horses for courses !!!

Thanks for the responses guys. I just measured my work jeans with a tape, and they appear to be 16-16.5 at the waist, and around 11-11.5 at the thigh.

I'm thinking I should go for a 34x34 from cultizm and have them hemmed. They should be the same as these, correct? http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=43933

Does anyone know if they sell LVC at Canadian Levis Stores?

What's the best way to shrink a 1947 36x38 to maybe 32 or 33 x 34 or 36 -- Hot Soak and Dry on high?

I just picked up a pair of 1947 deadstock in 36x34 and I gave them a proper 10 min soaking in the tub and let dry, but still too large! I then machine washed them inside out with medium heat and air dryed. Now they are perfect for my normally 32-33 waist.