Levi's Vintage Clothing

new sufu is fucking with me.

i figured they were not the same..they are also cheaper than the lvc stuff? levis store online has them for 178.

I personally won't pay $178 + shipping + tax for these 501's. If you are patient you can find new LVC 501's at around $200. But there is a 40% off promo code on levis online store ending 4pm ET today, that makes it a pretty good deal. Although they are raw, and are made with Cone denim, I've read it somewhere that they are sanforized and don't shrink at all. So you may want to get them true to size.

Interest check here. I am thinking of selling a lot 213 LVC denim jacket. I believe it is made of the same denim as the 201s. It has the black enamel buttons, single pocket. I really love the jacket but I have never worn it and I know if I soak it it will turn out too small for me. It is unsoaked raw and I might have worn it around the house 3 or 4 times. It is tagged 32, but it measures more like a 38. I am guessing it was mis-tagged. I am waiting for LVC to re-release this jacket in raw state again.

V5 not working so well.

Edited by rnrswitch

V5 not working so well 2.

Edited by rnrswitch

Hello 1878 Pantaloon owners! I have read that they don't shrink much. I need further advice...

I got a pair in a size 32 raw which Is what I have in 1954's, 1947's, etc and they all fit me great. However the Pantaloon's feel HUGE on me. They are big in the waist by about two inches and the butt gives me really bad diaper ass. Has anyone washed these in the washer to get maximum shrinkage? Or just hot soaked them? I read on a guys blog that they shrank 2 inches in the waist, 3 in length, and 1 inch throughout the entire leg.

Roy6 said they'd didn't shrink that much since they aren't Cone Denim.

So, machine wash to get them to tighten up a hell of a lot? or Resell them and pray I can find a 31 inch waist???

Hello 1878 Pantaloon owners! I have read that they don't shrink much. I need further advice...

I got a pair in a size 32 raw which Is what I have in 1954's, 1947's, etc and they all fit me great. However the Pantaloon's feel HUGE on me. They are big in the waist by about two inches and the butt gives me really bad diaper ass. Has anyone washed these in the washer to get maximum shrinkage? Or just hot soaked them? I read on a guys blog that they shrank 2 inches in the waist, 3 in length, and 1 inch throughout the entire leg.

Roy6 said they'd didn't shrink that much since they aren't Cone Denim.

So, machine wash to get them to tighten up a hell of a lot? or Resell them and pray I can find a 31 inch waist???

The Japanese denim that LVC uses traditionally doesn't shrink much at all. My plantaloons have been worn some but are still raw. Most of those early repros are cut very full. I sized down because of that and the fact they usually the Japanese denim doesn't shrink as much as the cone.

In my experience the loons would never be able to shrink full 2 inches in waist. I soaked them twice and gave them a gentle wash at 40 degrees. They came out a bit tighter but the fabric streched back sooo easily. So if you NEED them to shrink 2 inches in order to have an acceptable fit, I would try to get a smaller size.

The Japanese denim that LVC uses traditionally doesn't shrink much at all. My plantaloons have been worn some but are still raw. Most of those early repros are cut very full. I sized down because of that and the fact they usually the Japanese denim doesn't shrink as much as the cone.

Isn't most denim for the LVC line from Cone Mills and Kaihara?

Any 54 TTS pics? Need some Levi's that won't be make me look like a member of the proletariat

Any of the models from 1944 onward, worn hemmed to the proper length, and sized up 1", will pass for a regular old pair of Levis.

Good luck finding pix of someone wearing a pair of 54s. There's one pair in the cultizm contest, but I don't believe he's posted any photos of them being worn.

paul t's 501 guide may be of use to start you off?

http://www.trynka.ne....net/Denim.html

Thank you. Very good. But I have seen this before. Still difficult to decide.

I assume it's different for someone who has seen these in person: either wearing oneself or on someone else.

edited for typo

Edited by indigoeagle

How do this season's cords fit? I've seen all sorts on different sites, ranging from tapered to loose, anybody got them or seen them up close?

Edited by BlackenedRoar

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if they're 15 years old then they are very early LVC. i think the range was a lot less extensive (or as obsessed with detail) than it is now...

As far as I know, the jeans line in the late 90s were: a late 30s jean labeled a 201, the '55 501, and '63 551ZXX. Might have been others, but I don't know. As for the jeans in the post, I don't know what to make of them. The rivets on the front look like those used on '66s and they don't appear to have back pocket rivets, but then there's the leather patch. I wonder if they're even LVC....

As for their wear, IMO something is off. For all the wear that's gone on with the indigo, there doesn't appear to be much damage and wear to the fabric itself (and in my experience, raw denim damages a lot easier than denim that's had a soak and shrunk up). I dunno, maybe if you gently wore them for 15 years you could get those fades without damaging the denim.