Levi's Vintage Clothing

Guest rusholmeruffian
Anyhoo Dellasandro Special 1947 worked out.

I wouldn't recommend it but I got a good looking pair of skinny jeans.

TTS is a lot more practical I think, probably a bit of a fight still but if you're used to breaking in skinny jeans you could do it.

Skinny jeans? I don't think lvc are repro'ing 2007 yet are they?

all the talk but no fit pics? :D

Anyhoo Dellasandro Special 1947 worked out.

I wouldn't recommend it but I got a good looking pair of skinny jeans.

TTS is a lot more practical I think, probably a bit of a fight still but if you're used to breaking in skinny jeans you could do it.

What is everybodies opinions on the 1933's? IM thinking of picking up a pair. I want a cinch back and suspender buttons. But I also like that I can still wear a belt if I want. My other choices im looking at are the 1901's and the 1915's. My current 501's are going on a year old. Just some Jcrew selvedge I picked up for $20. So i'm looking for a replacement.

What is everybodies opinions on the 1933's? IM thinking of picking up a pair. I want a cinch back and suspender buttons. But I also like that I can still wear a belt if I want. My other choices im looking at are the 1901's and the 1917's. My current 501's are going on a year old. Just some Jcrew selvedge I picked up for $20. So i'm looking for a replacement.

i like the 33's. the arcuates look great and IMO are the most represenative of originals from that era. my only word of caution is they're not real dark and tend to fade to a royal blue color over time.

What is everybodies opinions on the 1933's? IM thinking of picking up a pair. I want a cinch back and suspender buttons. But I also like that I can still wear a belt if I want. My other choices im looking at are the 1901's and the 1917's. My current 501's are going on a year old. Just some Jcrew selvedge I picked up for $20. So i'm looking for a replacement.

The 30s 501s are fairly wide legged. So that's something to think about. If you're used to a modern fitting jean, this might be a bit of a shock and take some time to get used to. Some people have said that the 37s fabric fades better then the 33, I only have the 37 so I can't tell you my opinion.

With that being said, I think you should keep your mind open to the earlier models. They have really dark interesting fabric, a slimmer cut, and the lack of beltloops is not really that big a deal.

The 30s 501s are fairly wide legged. So that's something to think about. If you're used to a modern fitting jean, this might be a bit of a shock and take some time to get used to. Some people have said that the 37s fabric fades better then the 33, I only have the 37 so I can't tell you my opinion.

With that being said, I think you should keep your mind open to the earlier models. They have really dark interesting fabric, a slimmer cut, and the lack of beltloops is not really that big a deal.

Wider cut is no big deal. The only reason the 1933 is even in question is because i wear a belt a lot. I do prefer the look of the older models. I like the arcuates and judging from the pics the denim looks nicer on the older pairs. Im leaning towards the 1915.

i have both and my take is this: the details of the 33 are better but yes the 37 has nicer denim. but the denim on the 37 has varied over time. i have 2 prs of 37's that are 643m and the denim is thicker with a 40's type selvage line. my last pair of 37's from a couple of years ago has thinner denim and a selvage line like the 33. i don't notice much of a fit difference between the two, if the 33 has a wider leg it is only slightly so.

Wider cut is no big deal. The only reason the 1933 is even in question is because i wear a belt a lot. I do prefer the look of the older models. I like the arcuates and judging from the pics the denim looks nicer on the older pairs. Im leaning towards the 1915.

The '33's are nice, I actually do like the '30's cut, and they do have belt loops, but I wear mine without because the shank buttons get in the way and I don't want to remove them. Apart from that, '33's have the small white New Deal tab beneath the two horse label, which I absolutel love as a historical icon.