Levi's Vintage Clothing

The 1878s. They have a buckle that actually works after the clip and much better than the old pressed metal type. I also sewed on some suspender buttons. These are very high waisted and slim compared to other early years LVC repros. Been wearing them raw and plan to for several months.

The denim is different than the denim on my 1901s and 1880s.

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg

Nice pantaloons, Allen. Checked them out today, the production version looks just as nice as the sample I saw.

Dropped in briefly at Cinch, they had some items from the new collection, more to come.

Cotton Twill jacket, I think taken from a vintage original. Twill parka, interesting detailing, looks more like a 'homage' rather than a repro. 1898, IIRC, chinos, nice but only available in distressed finish, grrrr. And more of the flannel shirts, which are beautiful - made in Italy.

jacketwl.jpg

jacket2.jpg

parkas.jpg

chinoso.jpg

flannel.jpg

Thanks entertainment and I agree. And the buckle is really good on these, Maybe Paul can say some things about the denim to because its not the same as the denim on the 1901s and 1880s. Its darker/greener and rougher the same weight though.

I don't know too much about it - i really like the denim especially the ecru fill yarn, could simply be because the source of the cotton itself is different, altho it's broadly similar to the other Kurabo for the early jeans.

Those chinos look very enticing, did you capture a picture from the front as well Paul? Are they sized roomy? price on those? (jeezes, i'll stop the questions barrage now)

btw those pantoloons look lovely but they should come standard with suspender buttons!

Tried taking some pix with the cell phone while I stood around watching the dog chase birds in the muddy yard yesterday afternoon. LVC 55s and 506. Color is pretty true for those lighting conditions. They're much darker today in our overcast, dreary light.

Photo0148.jpg

btw those pantoloons look lovely but they should come standard with suspender buttons!

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't come with suspender buttons.

Someone asked about them being a fairly tapered pant.... wasn't that kinda the style for men's dress pants back than? And I assume these style pants wouldn't have been worn cuffed back in the day.

Can't wait to see fit pictures on those 1878s. I don't think I can buy jeans for awhile, and I need the vicarious thrill.

As for the chinos, why do they keep distressing them!? And this isn't the usual blanket frustration with distressing in general. I can kind of see that not everyone wants to look like Violet after eating Wonkas chewing gum and walking around in big blue pants. But chinos are generally regarded (please correct me if mistaken) to be much more appropriate and wearable when fresh and neat. Gee it was only 13 o'clock neverday that I last heard someone say how much they loved it when chinos hit that crazy fade and get a hole in the knee.

Can't wait to see fit pictures on those 1878s. I don't think I can buy jeans for awhile, and I need the vicarious thrill.

As for the chinos, why do they keep distressing them!? And this isn't the usual blanket frustration with distressing in general. I can kind of see that not everyone wants to look like Violet after eating Wonkas chewing gum and walking around in big blue pants. But chinos are generally regarded (please correct me if mistaken) to be much more appropriate and wearable when fresh and neat. Gee it was only 13 o'clock neverday that I last heard someone say how much they loved it when chinos hit that crazy fade and get a hole in the knee.

Agree, chinos's are best when they're well worn and get real comfy, but never as distressed as a pair of jeans. A patched chino is just like saying 'I'm a bum and I got my pants at the salvation army'.

Tried taking some pix with the cell phone while I stood around watching the dog chase birds in the muddy yard yesterday afternoon. LVC 55s and 506. Color is pretty true for those lighting conditions. They're much darker today in our overcast, dreary light.

Photo0148.jpg

Beautiful! Can't rep you atm, those are very nice though.

Agree, chinos's are best when they're well worn and get real comfy, but never as distressed as a pair of jeans. A patched chino is just like saying 'I'm a bum and I got my pants at the salvation army'.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with this statement. A. I think chinos can look good fresh, well worn and in some cases fucked up, ripped, splattered with paint etc. It all depends on the style of chino. If we are talking pleated dad- chinos then sure, but a more rugged chino can still look good with frays, holes etc.

B. I have purchased pants at thrift stores, Sally Anne included. I'm not a bum, nor do I think I look like one...poor choice of words friend.

Recieved a new pair of 1915 today - once again very quick delivery from Cultizm.

Tagged 32 waist 36 Leg

Actual 33 waist 37 Leg

I was a bit dissapointed as they are advertised on Cultizm as 1915 501 Cone Mills Colab but they are a 2010 release with the cone denim label on the back belt loop, not the Cone Mills Colab version I had before.

Silly Question time:

apart from the selvedge will the denim be different to the 44 and 47 from 2010?

Are these the same quality as the 1915 501 Cone Mills Colab?

Pretty sure they're different denim. I know my 44s from a couple years ago are very different from my 37s, 55s, and 66s. With a couple washes the yarn on my 44s seem to "plump up". They don't feel heavier in weight than the later jeans, but the denim feels thicker. Has a softer feel and a little more variation to the touch too. Not as flat and even as the 55s and 66s. I believe the denim in the 47s is going to be closer to the later jeans than the 44s.

I stopped by the Levi's Vault exhibit today and they (finally) had some new things up:

5535614871_ca26c2da55_b.jpg

Early 1900s 501s.

5536193372_a59652659e_b.jpg

5535614829_acb28e6599_o.jpg

1910s one-pocket Sunset shirt.

5535614729_5cc11956d5_b.jpg

Crazy taffeta Shorthorn shirt, labeled as from the 1930s, but I thought Shorthorn labels were late '40s/'50s?

5536193262_97bf7d456b_b.jpg

WWII 501s, painted arcuates worn off.

5536193022_02a14203a6_b.jpg

5535614401_dbe7c905e1_o.jpg

1950s motorcycle jacket that the 'Rough & Ready' & 'Bird of Prey' LVC x Aero jackets were based on. This looks more like the 'Bird of Prey' jacket, I'll take some comparison pictures later.

5535614565_2e980d4a66_b.jpg

5536193126_630950ca76_b.jpg

Recieved a new pair of 1915 today - once again very quick delivery from Cultizm.

Tagged 32 waist 36 Leg

Actual 33 waist 37 Leg

I was a bit dissapointed as they are advertised on Cultizm as 1915 501 Cone Mills Colab but they are a 2010 release with the cone denim label on the back belt loop, not the Cone Mills Colab version I had before.

Silly Question time:

Are these the same quality as the 1915 501 Cone Mills Colab?

Not quite sure of the question. THese are the 1915 LVC made with the newly developed Cone fabric, and should be identical to the 1915 'Cone mills collab'. Cone mills 1915 fabric is different form Cone 1944 and 1947. THey are all spec'd very differently, But the 1915 Cone from this year should be essentially identical to the 1915 Cone from last year, bar minor differences caused by, say, the source of the cotton, which might come from Texas, California or the Carolinas.

I stopped by the Levi's Vault exhibit today and they (finally) had some new things up:]

Great to see all this, roy, thanks!

A loom sitting at the entrance to the Vault:

5535676345_6ae698cdd6_o.jpg

5536255016_50392eed6f_o.jpg

Detail of a 1899 flyer.

5536254948_2803068ecb_b.jpg

Back of the flyer- I may have posted this before, but I think I got a clearer image this time.

5536254712_a2f8fbc518_b.jpg

Bing Crosby's Levi's made denim tuxedo jacket behind some apparently specially made extra-glare glass.

5535676439_e949faae07_o.jpg

I'd never seen the boutonnière close up before.

5535676477_d877459957_o.jpg

5536254894_4e5de01e94_o.jpg

Awesome graphic from Jefferson Airplane's stint doing advertising music for Levi's.