Levi's Vintage Clothing

Coming from someone who darts around Sufu like a fruit fly, posting in every thread known to man.

Whaaaaat? Me?

I think crotch blow outs come from 2 things... One wearing your jeans in a size too small for you or two, wearing your jeans down past your butt so the natural area of how the jean was made is now used in another area of how you're using it.

I've never, ever had a crotch blowout. I've had a worn spot like on the butt from sitting on rough lumber or something over time, I've worn away my knees and thighs making hay or just usual wear and tear....

You two and Dr. Heech and airfrog, are like the little know-it-alls in the classroom who always blurt out the answer before giving anybody else a chance. Brown nosers.

LoL thats funny.

I wanted to say some things about LVC fit. I'm probably one of the toughest fits that post here and the only real fit problems I've really come across are the 47s from a few back and a year or two before that and thats because they were to trim. I'm not saying that theres not a issue with LVCs sizing especially from year to year but having said that I know the proper fit of these older models is very full because they were meant to be coveralls and work cloths not fashion statements. LVC gets a bad rap from a few on here but if you throw jeans with blackened buttons in a washer why wouldn't you expect the paint to come off.?

I actually think it looks very cool when some of the black wears off. Heres some photos of mine.

20s201buttons2.jpg

IMG_7548.jpg

I think crotch blow outs come from 2 things... One wearing your jeans in a size too small for you or two, wearing your jeans down past your butt so the natural area of how the jean was made is now used in another area of how you're using it.

I've never, ever had a crotch blowout. I've had a worn spot like on the butt from sitting on rough lumber or something over time, I've worn away my knees and thighs making hay or just usual wear and tear....

No sizing down or sagging, I think it is my thighs and I do a lot of walking.

I actually think it looks very cool when some of the black wears off.

I love the wear, too, especially on the buttons.

201fabric.jpg

We all know electrum is a hard taskmaster. When he's happy with his jeans, they glow with iridescent colors and celestial choirs sing. When the product is sub-standard, the laws of physics are challenged, and jeans gain in mass, pulling us all in to a black hole.

I enjoy this of course, it makes the thread far more entertaining.

i get crotch blowouts in all my jeans w/in the first 6 months... I wear true to size or a size up... its just the thing is with me I run a lot and play loads of soccer (not in my jeans of course) so my thighs are really wide in proportion to my waist so its hard to fit jeans properly.

It has happened in every pair of jeans thus far, including 2 pairs lvcs

Google 'heath', within superfuture and elsewhere, and you'll find more. THey've turned up in this thread a few times. They were on sale in the UK, even so 37 euros is a good price.

Edit : here's one mention I remember: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=128217&postcount=11

& Roy6 thanks for the help. Normally i dont buy prewashed jeans but i thought for 37euros & my size they would be a nice change for summer. Plus they actually look much better than in all the pics ive seen online.

I'm considering buying my first pair of LVC, maybe 55's. Can anyone comment on the quality of the 2010 1955 denim? I've heard maybe LVC quality is suffering lately(?)

Where'd you hear that? Everything I've seen from recent LVC indicates an improvement, not only on LVCs behalf but also from Cone's recent developments.

Anyways, setterman has a new pair of 55s maybe he can chime in. The 1955 has always been hailed by experts around here for it's accuracy in fit and denim. I doubt that has changed (except the new models are apparently oversized).

Where'd you hear that? Everything I've seen from recent LVC indicates an improvement, not only on LVCs behalf but also from Cone's recent developments.

Anyways, setterman has a new pair of 55s maybe he can chime in. The 1955 has always been hailed by experts around here for it's accuracy in fit and denim. I doubt that has changed (except the new models are apparently oversized).

thanks erk, good to hear. i probably just read some comments out of context. someone a few pages back was disappointed: something about new management. i don't know.

thanks erk, good to hear. i probably just read some comments out of context. someone a few pages back was disappointed: something about new management. i don't know.

People frequently have complaints about inaccurate details on more difficult reproductions, like the 1915 and 1917s back pocket shapes, buckles that are crappy, but the 1955 has garnered a lot of praise. I think the 1955 would be a great choice. I want a pair.

The 1955 are terrific jeans, personally my everyday favourite of LVC's range, or any other one for that matter. The only things I would ever improve on these jeans would be yellow cotton stitching on the hems and heavier pocket linings.

The new examples look good quality - I get irritated that they've changed the sizing, but all you have to do is go by measured size. The fabric on thee has always been great - it wears in more easily than the 47. Buy your actual waist size (measured) for a trim but not skinny fit.

IMG_5277.jpg

I just found the photos which remind me why I like the 1955 so much (OK, I admit, I'm avoiding doing real work) .

It's the one-wash state. A lot of jeans, especially the 1947, take a lot of time to come into their own. The 1955 crock a little more easily. I always think with Samurai they look great after about three months wear, just slightly worn in - and after that point the wear looks exaggerated. The 55 look good at 6 months, a bit like the Samurai at 3, but they look good at 10 months too.

HEre are the 6 month photos. The one above is 9 or 10 months.

1955bum.jpg1955croponewash.jpg

I have two pairs of LVCs (1915s & 1947s) with the newer cone denim and its the best denim I've seen on LVCs. I too love my 1955s. I have a pair from 05 IIRC and they rock. I don't know what the 2010 55s are like but with the what seems to be a commitment from cone to getting the denim right from for the different years and models it would probably be safe to say they are going to be really nice.

Paul your 55s look incredible.

I'm considering buying my first pair of LVC, maybe 55's. Can anyone comment on the quality of the 2010 1955 denim? I've heard maybe LVC quality is suffering lately(?)

When rested and sober, I'll try to give a coherent response.

Regardless of the denim, I think the '55 is THE cut when it comes to LVC.

And I've been told I gotta be gay for loving these. Well, whats the song say If love'n these is wrong, I donno wanna be right.

These are the 333s after a lot of wear .They were pre aged.

Check the kinda aqua color and the texture. They are really soft now the denim is like no other LVC denim I have seen.

IMG_3349.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Ok here my 55s just taken. These went a very long time raw before the first soak. 5 or maybe 6 months. Like Paul said ya have to love the grayish blue. I really love these jeans.

]

Great pair, congrats. I love the greyish blue and I guess I know my next pair right now :D. And I agree, the 47's cut isn't that real "vintage like", but the guys in the older days sized down their "47's" a lot. I guess LVC wants to give the authentic feeling with the trimmer cut.

Great pair, congrats. I love the greyish blue and I guess I know my next pair right now :D. And I agree, the 47's cut isn't that real "vintage like", but the guys in the older days sized down their "47's" a lot. I guess LVC wants to give the authentic feeling with the trimmer cut.

Its probably more about having a different cut in the line up I'm afraid. In my opinion I would rather see something more accurate. I mean it kinda defeats the historic aspect of the jean in my opinion.

And I agree, the 47's cut isn't that real "vintage like", but the guys in the older days sized down their "47's" a lot. I guess LVC wants to give the authentic feeling with the trimmer cut.

I know I shall get howled down by Dr Heech and Airfrog, but I like the slimmer cut; it gives another option compared to the 55 - altho the 55 is my personal favourite. I don't think it's hugely anachronistic either.

Still, one man's meat, and all that.

I know I shall get howled down by Dr Heech and Airfrog, but I like the slimmer cut; it gives another option compared to the 55 - altho the 55 is my personal favourite. I don't think it's hugely anachronistic either.

Still, one man's meat, and all that.

I think you hit on why they have the slimmer cut. I really like my new 47s I just would prefer a more authentic cut but I'm a big guy.