Levi's Vintage Clothing

Update on my 1915s:

After an initial warm soak in the tub, I've been wearing these fairly consistently for a little over 5 months. I decided yesterday to throw them into a cold wash (gentle cycle). Here they are before the wash:

L1030500.jpg

L1030501.jpg

L1030503.jpg

L1030504.jpg

Here they are post-wash. There wasn't much indigo loss, so wear is still hard to decipher. I tried to pick it up on the last shot. These things are beautiful.

L1030505.jpg

L1030506.jpg

L1030508.jpg

I saw this too, it looked lovely. I'd admit to being reluctant to shell out on it, even if I had $590, as I think it's made in Turkey; but the fabric and finish are excellent and it somehow looks just right. Maybe not quite up to the level of the original Nevada and Indigo Immortal, but close.

Agree the fabric did look excellent as did the shade and color overall - looked like actual time was spent making it unique. After thinking about it for a day or two the sticker shock has worn off a bit. I haven't seen the original Nevada or the Indigo Immortal but I could see why someone would pay a bit more for a nicely detailed and limited release of a jean like this one.

I am heading back to that store in the next few days to take another look at everything and I am going to double check the tags to see where it was made. Got caught up in looking at everything I forgot some of the basics i.e. checking the inside tag, which I will on this and also the 1920s Chino as well.

EDIT: The 1933 is called the Tow Roll - Made in Turkey.

You never know!

I sold a bunch of nicely worn-in Lees on SuFu for cheap a couple years ago. One little sh*t turned his pair round eBay for over $120 IIRC... would be an interesting experiement to try again

Noooo, can't take these away from me, even for moni£$

Hey guys I'm 5'11 and my true waist size is 32 and I'm looking to buy a pair of 55's in tagged size 30, I found out that they don't make 30x36 in LVC. My question is do you guys think that a inseam of 34 would be too short on me after the soak?

YES! im just under 6ft and they look stupid as hell on me, get lvc japans in length 36 instead of us 34

Noooo, can't take these away from me, even for moni£$

There you go TheClerk, your jeans are genuine worn out threads plain and simple. They have no intrinsic value, but they are valuable to you because they are YOUR jeans, a part of you -- your second skin -- that will give you pleasure for many more years to come. For as beautiful as they are, if you were to say I could have them at no cost, I wouldn't take them. They're worn out dirty jeans that are unique to you and your lifestyle, not mine. On the other hand, if they were my dirty worn out jeans, I wouldn't part with them for any price either.

Thanks for posting those again they're some of the best keepin' it real jeans I've seen here.

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I would of prefer one that's made in the usa :mad:

japan doesnt use slaves either if it matters at all, they still use the vintage looms and all that jazz. you could go for SC 55s if you want something made in the us ( i think sc makes jeans in usa)

There you go TheClerk, your jeans are genuine worn out threads plain and simple. They have no intrinsic value, but they are valuable to you because they are YOUR jeans, a part of you -- your second skin -- that will give you pleasure for many more years to come. For as beautiful as they are, if you were to say I could have them at no cost, I wouldn't take them. They're worn out dirty jeans that are unique to you and your lifestyle, not mine. On the other hand, if they were my dirty worn out jeans, I wouldn't part with them for any price either.

Thanks for posting those again they're some of the best keepin' it real jeans I've seen here.

Thanks I appreciate the compliment and the sentiment 100%

Yeah I don't know who the target market for a $500+ pair of jeans is. This is a mix of 'modern interpretation' with something that is classic and timeless, and sometimes that works well - other times it doesn't. Again, I am just wondering who the target market for a piece like this is.... Overall it was still really fun to look at.

If I had $600 to spend today, personally I would rather get 3 pairs of raw LVC than one super expensive pair.

japan doesnt use slaves either if it matters at all, they still use the vintage looms and all that jazz. you could go for SC 55s if you want something made in the us ( i think sc makes jeans in usa)

55s are made in the us, but are zipper fly... using deadstock 50s zippers

55s are made in the us, but are zipper fly... using deadstock 50s zippers

that sucks too much

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I would of prefer one that's made in the usa :mad:

what about the 47s? If you're a true 32, you can get a 34x36 pretty easily. I used to have one actually...

and if they're undersized they'd be 33/36 raw. upsized like this they should fit similarly to the 1955s.

Chinos look good but I'm a little worried they'll be too full cut; anyone who can provide a comparison between them and a different LVC model?

I went back into Unionmade this weekend, and they were nice enough to allow me to take some shots of the chinos (thanks Jason!).

4399433553_5538c2714a_o.jpg

4400202076_89c97f44fd_o.jpg

The first shot is slightly fore-shortened- the flare and taper is not as extreme as it look here, but it is pretty dramatic. The second shot is a comp with a '47 of the same size (32W) at the thigh and upper knee.

I looked through Paul's 501 guide, and I guess the closest 501 model would be the '33 or '37? But with the thighs and knees cut slightly wider and the lower legs tapering in.

These chinos also seem to be an inch or more over-sized at the waist.

4400202100_cb5afd1586_o.jpg

The wash is actually quite nice, no weird overly-dramatic whiskers or fades. They look pretty much like heavily used and laundered chinos. Very soft, I'll bet they're hella comfortable. I didn't let myself try them on.

If anyone is interested in some LVC 1947's from 2006 (marked R on the fly button) my local Nordstrom's Rack has two pairs in 29 and 28. They also have some horrible orange tab 646's in the "Fred" wash in like 33 and 36, but the wash/cut is pretty terrible.

what about the 47s? If you're a true 32, you can get a 34x36 pretty easily. I used to have one actually...

and if they're undersized they'd be 33/36 raw. upsized like this they should fit similarly to the 1955s.

Im gonna go with the 47's in 32X36 for a slimmer fit. thanks for the info guys.

Im gonna go with the 47's in 32X36 for a slimmer fit. thanks for the info guys.

they're gonna be tight...

if you end up with a undersized pair they're gonna measure 31 and shrink to 29. the thighs on the 47s are unforgiving.

One hot wash to begin, nine months of evening and weekend wear. These shots are pre-second wash. I was about five kilos over my optimum weight when these were taken. Since lost the weight and fits keeps on getting better.

I prefer these over my 55s. A nice complement to the Lee 1966 101Z.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47996899@N04/4399771873/in/set-72157623413490033/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47996899@N04/4400539416/in/set-72157623413490033/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47996899@N04/4399771575/in/set-72157623413490033/

Sorry, I can't work out how to insert image tags.

Has anyone bought the batch that Farinellis just got in? Im gonna email them and ask them for some measurements. Correct me if Im wrong but the 2010's are not undersized right?

If you're planning on getting them from Farinelli's thats a good idea; but if you're getting them from a EU source...like www.cultizm.com you will need to figure out if they have 2010 stock only, or if its mixed in with 2009/2008/2007 leftovers.

I can't remember right now, but I'm pretty sure there have been mixed results regarding the sizing of 1947s in 2010.

just remember the thighs on the 1947s are much trimmer than the 1955. If you downsize your fit will be tight and not an authentic 40s 50s fit. I don't know if you care about that though. another concern if downsizing is how much you like repairing your crotch.

If you're planning on getting them from Farinelli's thats a good idea; but if you're getting them from a EU source...like www.cultizm.com you will need to figure out if they have 2010 stock only, or if its mixed in with 2009/2008/2007 leftovers.

I can't remember right now, but I'm pretty sure there have been mixed results regarding the sizing of 1947s in 2010.

just remember the thighs on the 1947s are much trimmer than the 1955. If you downsize your fit will be tight and not an authentic 40s 50s fit. I don't know if you care about that though. another concern if downsizing is how much you like repairing your crotch.

ok thanks, Im done asking stupid questions. :o