Levi's Vintage Clothing

Was the rerun of the R'n'R in a different finish? A kind of weathered black?

I have a friend who works at Levi's and used to work in the LVC division around that time, she said the LVC/Aero partnership fell apart right around then, so I wonder if the second version wasn't even an Aero product.

Alright, I have to ask: how horrible is the new jacket and why?

You're right about the 2nd edition Aero/Lvc jacket on both counts.

It was in a kind of weathered finish, and it wasn't an Aero collab/made jacket.

From what I can remember it was in a lower grade leather than even the 2002 edition. Not even sure if the 2nd ed. was horsehide or not.

Ok, and this is just MHO, but I just looked at the thing on the rail - it was a mid brown/very naff distressed type finish, 1940's style (i think) very thin and in not one way interesting at all. It reminded me of the kind of leather you would get on fashun jackets and boots for teens wanting to look like Bono or whatever, back in the early-mid eighties. Didnt pay too much attention to the label or the lining. Didn't give it too much thought as my first impressions/instincts are usually very spot on with Lvc.

The price is probably ridiculous to boot.

sympathy,i just checked my pair from 05 2000.its there,but very subtle.i always thought that was part of the 44,having something to do with thread availability during wartime.

than i counted the pairs in the closet:i realized that i own 14 pairs,(incl. my two bibs for work) a number that is beyond of any sanity,but i gave away 3 pairs in the last year already.

my problem here is that i know i own far too many to give them the serious wear they all deserve but i dont know if i really can let go any of it.

maybe thats the addict/collector in me.oh well...

your point is good, but i never saw that two tone stitches on originals from that time... the japan version also doesn´t show it...

hehe, i know what you´re talkin about, currently i´m rotating 3-4 pairs... and theres a lot left in the closet, the thing i´m not only collecting lvc but levi´s red and some standart jeans aswell... I´m even breakin in a pair of H&M Jeans! Please don´t judge me! They have a great denim!

Dr.

Does the new 44s still have the two tone yoke stitch? I don´t no why Levi´s never correted this fault, it should be to easy... how are the other details? stamped or plain rivets? shirt pocket lining?

Sorry Sympathy, didn't take note of the two tone yoke stitch, but they have the orange painted arcs, not like the naff lilac colour on last seasons' model. I noted that they still have the HBT OD green pocket material though, which I thought was a nice touch, and more importantly the correct thickness of leather patch which is also embossed.

Didn't get to check on the cut or denim closely enough, as there was quite alot to take in overall (spent most of the time looking at the duck shirt and comparing details on the earlier 501 models)

Really hope the XX team revamp the 1915's and the 1947's. guess only time will tell..

i'm confused. have you seen rob zombie's movies? the people you see in mr freedom, RRL, craft, or this thread look more like characters from house of 1000 corpses or the devil's rejects. excellent wardrobes in both, in my opinion. lotsa vintage workwear and whatnot.

house-of-1000-corpses-20070919032400052.jpg

but i digress... it's no secret the prevailing fashions in LA are garbage.

The point wasn't what people wear in his movies it was more about the people who want to be in those movies but settle settle for a segment on "La Ink". Admittedly there some nuance that might be difficult to pick up on but the comment assumes you have a sense of humor about Rob Zombie films and LA Ink two things which even fans of should have a sense of humor about. Apparently you don't.

Sorry for clogging up the thread with this crap!

http://www.marvins-jp.com/denimpants/dp-627/dp627.html

Here's a goog example of a 47. Compared to my jeans the pockets might be a bit more squarish on the original. And yes, on this W33 model the legs look a bit more full. But the LVC 47's are quite perfect for me...

Edit: Looks like the pocket shape on the original varies quite a bit...

thanks for the cool link!!

Those are amazing. Marvin's stuff is all deadstock, right? I love that photo of the arcuate. The 55 version of the denim is my favorite. I prefer the cut of the 47 but the 47's a little too dark for me. 55 is just right and fades great.

For any of the experts: Is the 66 denim close to the 55?

You're right about the 2nd edition Aero/Lvc jacket on both counts.

It was in a kind of weathered finish, and it wasn't an Aero collab/made jacket.

From what I can remember it was in a lower grade leather than even the 2002 edition. Not even sure if the 2nd ed. was horsehide or not.

I think the same thing happened with this jacket. This is the first edition of the "Beat Brown" jacket, looks to be based on a civi issue a-1 jacket that Levi's produced in the '40s.

This is an Aero product. There was a second version released the following season, which in photos looks a lot different, and not as nice. I'm guessing the second one isn't Aero.

This is maybe my favorite LVC/Aero as far as wearability- I wear it almost every day. It's really comfortable and rides well.

The attention to detail is amazing. The inside is as nice as the out, with a really nice, warm lining (one of Aero's staple) and contrasting sleeve lining. Stitching is absolutely perfect.

4373027799_06933a5e6d_b.jpg

I defenately can tell that the pocket shape of the 47s repro isn´t that accurate, must be bigger, also the legs must be fuller... but what do you think Dr.!?

Yeah, that's about it, slightly fuller on the thigh (maybe only by an inch), also hate the crap arcs (just take a look at Erk's marvin's link) and lastly - leather patch is far too shiny/modern looking.

The patch on the new 44's is what should also be on the 47's.

Cant rep you again Roy6, but thanks for posting the pics of that jacket (Cape seal IIRC). Remember a conversation re- weight of the leather not being up to aero's 'standard', but that may have been the second edition.

Almostnice, will have a friend (who has a Canon DSLR) take some good fit pics of some Lvc jeans next weekend, including my GW M-442, fingers crossed!

Cant rep you again Roy6, but thanks for posting the pics of that jacket (Cape seal IIRC). Remember a conversation re- weight of the leather not being up to aero's 'standard', but that may have been the second edition.

Almostnice, will have a friend (who has a Canon DSLR) take some good fit pics of some Lvc jeans next weekend, including my GW M-442, fingers crossed!

if you make that happen you simply will be this:

4373076989_ce64079195.jpg

If anyone is looking for really cheap LVC from previous seasons, I found a few pairs of 1947's at my local nordstrom's rack. I didn't have much time to look around but they had a few in sz. 29 so I imagine its mostly just smaller sizes. They were from 2006 and were priced at like 50-60$.

If anyone is looking for really cheap LVC from previous seasons, I found a few pairs of 1947's at my local nordstrom's rack. I didn't have much time to look around but they had a few in sz. 29 so I imagine its mostly just smaller sizes. They were from 2006 and were priced at like 50-60$.

Thanks for the info Quills. I was planning of stopping by a couple racks anyways so now another reason to go.