Levi's Vintage Clothing

after 3 boiling hot soak jeans are perfect! a bit loose but perfect!

after 3 BOILING soak!

waist 16 3/4"inch

thigh 12 1/2"

knee 93/4"

back rise 15 1/2"

front rise 12 1/4"

hem 8 3/4"

inseam 32 1/2"

Demonito, I'm a little confused on why you ordered a label size 36 if you needed a (post soak) size 33 ? I looked back to see if you mentioned why... like maybe it was recommended by others and/or in the 501 visual guide thread. I didn't go back and read the Visual Guide thread before posting this but I didn't think the '55 was ever undersized (could be wrong though). Generally 2" of shrinkage is the norm along with a quick restretch of atleast an inch. So to me a 34 seems like the first choice. But dang - man you were able to shrink those new '55s down 3.5" in the waist !, that's pretty much unheard of, so feel lucky about that - congrats. I just have to wonder how shrinking them that much intentionally (boiling them in a soak) affect the look of the denim...because if you think about it the weave has been made much tighter by that. Can you tell by looking at the denim compared to other jeans ? Will they retain indigo more, lose it at a faster rate, or will they wear different in general I wonder. It would be interesting to see how these age in comparison to other '55s of this vintage. BTW, I know your not the first to boil jeans but I've always wondered this and just never typed it out. Let us know how it goes.

They, and Cultizm, seem to have reduced everything, even if it's a carry-over into the new year. Recession?

Now I have the Lees, I might have to sell my spare 555 20s 201s. Too many jeans to fit under the bed. Electrum or anyone, do you know what they're fetching?

Edit: I'm considering my options, THey're 33W, 34 1/2 L, as shown on the opening page of the 201 thread. I'll wait until I see if the Lees fit (their sizing is as inconsistent as LVC) before I sell. ANy info on pricing much appreciated.

I wonder why the '15s are so cheap? I was under the impression that they were being carried over for the Spring. Do you imagine that there have been changes made to the Spring release of the 15s?????

I think it's because the 1915's arent big sellers apparently, neither are the 1917's. I know many people rave about them, but when I spoke to Aero last week, they were saying that it was harder to shift the pre-1927 models possibly due to lack of belt loops - scares people off (?)

I hope the new range 15's are revamped a little, but somehow doubt it.

I think it's because the 1915's arent big sellers apparently, neither are the 1917's. I know many people rave about them, but when I spoke to Aero last week, they were saying that it was harder to shift the pre-1927 models possibly due to lack of belt loops - scares people off (?)

I hope the new range 15's are revamped a little, but somehow doubt it.

Its a shame that the 15s don't sell better because they are SO much better than the 27s in both denim and construction.

No belt loops is why I wouldn't consider any of the earlier jeans. They're neat, but just not as practical for me as the 40s, 50s and 60s style jeans are.

Its a shame that the 15s don't sell better because they are SO much better than the 27s in both denim and construction.

There are many models more accurate/better construction/details..etc, than the 1927's, for example the 1933's.

But the 1915's only really have the nice denim going for them (because they are IDENTICAL to the 1917's in construction/cut and inaccurate details) and they still have a crap cinch that needs replacing if 'snipped'.

The 1915's may change from season to season, like the 1890's and 1901's - and I for one look forward to that.

Still think an accurate 1922 with the '15 denim could be the high point of Lvc for me. Let's see what 2010 will bring.........

Hey the_serkis... I was just about to ask if you had compared prices on those 1927 501s that you just bought from Cultizm ? Because I was compareing prices yesterday or the day before and both Oki-Ni and Asos had/have them on sale WAY cheaper than other places including cultizm (though I think they were on sale there too).

Hey Doug C, thanks for the sugestion. I did research about 5 sites for the best price on them and as a matter of fact I placed my order with okini 1st, waited for 7 days, emailed them for status and was replied with an order cacelation notice. They said it was out of stock but sadly their site allowed me to order it and even showed the same size avail for a few days after that. So long story short....cultizm was a good choice even though I paid a lil more. Plus the shipping...wow. Side note, soaked them last night. Will come home to measurements. Yes!

Oh and I wld love the 1915s but am a lil scared abt the lack of belt loops like dr_heech mentioned....but if there is another price drop and the get to around $100 I will deff get them.

Anybody have the "Levi´s® 1936 506xx TYPE I BLANKET LINED JACKET". If so what do you think? That things tempting at $200.

The 55's are back at Cultizm. Are these the new LVC line?

Chucko

I think the jacket is made in turkey. It's ok, although the leather label states small/med/large, rather than 36/44..etc. I've seen originals exactly the same, but wish Lvc would have put the earlier two prong buckle on it.

You gonna buy one?

What about the stormrider?

Anybody have the "Levi´s® 1936 506xx TYPE I BLANKET LINED JACKET". If so what do you think? That things tempting at $200.

The 55's are back at Cultizm. Are these the new LVC line?

I have one. size S. bought one in a sale last year for 99 Euro. has "made in Turkey" on the label. Denim feels a bit thin. I love the blanket-lining.

Chucko

I think the jacket is made in turkey. It's ok, although the leather label states small/med/large, rather than 36/44..etc. I've seen originals exactly the same, but wish Lvc would have put the earlier two prong buckle on it.

You gonna buy one?

What about the stormrider?

The good Dr.! Yea, I think I'll hold out for the stormrider. There's something about those! I also need a good pair of 101z's.

I have one. size S. bought one in a sale last year for 99 Euro. has "made in Turkey" on the label. Denim feels a bit thin. I love the blanket-lining.

Thanks for the info, Ivan and Heech. I guess I'll pass. I think the next purchase is a lvc 66 or 67 which I hope I'll like as much as my 47.

update on my 1927's...

measurements: pre soak / post soak

waist 18in / 18in (used a 2x4 to protect waist size)

inseam 33.5 / 32

rise 14 / 13.25

back rise 17 / 16.25

thigh 13.25 / 13

knee 10.5 / 10.25

hem 10 / 9.34

Pro's- Glad the length shrunk 1.5 inches.

Con's- Beacause I used a 2x4 to protect the length from shrinking the leather tag is now warped and has "bubbled" above the jeans. Booo.

Overall im really happy with them and will wear em tomorrow.

Cant wait.

I might have to sell my spare 555 20s 201s. Too many jeans to fit under the bed. Electrum or anyone, do you know what they're fetching?

Here're some prices of some I've followed Paul, they're pretty recent sales and listed sizes are actual measure.

The 30x36 NWOT 201's on ebay I mentioned awhile back sold for the buy it now price of $265.99. *PavementClothing JP sold a pair of NWT 83cm x L 87cm for around $450 and have another pair 85cm x 91cm for same price. An ebay dude wanted to sell me a NWT 79cm x 91cm for around $400 (the real ones not fake) they sold before he could get his hands on them, so not sure what they brought . And last spring I was out-bid on a pair NWOT 31x34, they sold for around $145 if I remember correctly, I do know they went for under $200. Right now on **ebay there's a non "555" 201 34x34 with buy it now price $199, but hasn't sold. Recently, 4 NWT pairs of '37 555 "201" different sizes sold on ebay (same seller) for an average of $300 per pair.

* http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.pavementclothing.jp/%3Fpid%3D12755042&ei=W4daS8H7LNO5lAexpL34BA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CB8Q7gEwBjgU&prev=/search%3Fq%3D1920%2B201%2Brigid%2B555%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D20

** http://cgi.ebay.com/levis-vintage-201-1920s-jean-BigE-PRPS-jean-501xx_W0QQitemZ160395590027QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item255852798b