Levi's Vintage Clothing

Actually, if they were, there wouldn't be leg twist... so...

Wait, did you not get my sarcasm, or am I not getting your sarcasm?

I liked the dry humping the rug better. That gets great crotch fades, but really accelerates the crotch blowout possibilities.

Got a pair of '44's yesterday. I got lucky. Last pair in the store, untouched, packed together in some plastic thing with a vintage t-shirt. Soaked them, put them on, went and bought a Dr. Pepper. I'm hella exhilarated about these pants, boyz n gurlz. They fit me like a Hammer, a Hammer with a capital H. Mjölner.

And two pix of the '47's I've had for about a year.

ThuleJins.jpgThuleJins2.jpg

Hi, forgive me if the same question has been asked. I am new to this great forum. But I really want some advice on the LVC's from you guys.

I always soaked my raw jeans (PBJ's. Samuarai's,) before wearing them. And then I heard different things about LVC's. Some say they should be worn for 2-3 months before the initial soak/wash, some say they should be soaked first. So I am a bit confused here. I did size up 2 for the 47's and the 37's. So should I soaked before wearing or break them in for 2-3 months before the 1st soak?

Thanks

Hi, forgive me if the same question has been asked. I am new to this great forum. But I really want some advice on the LVC's from you guys.

I always soaked my raw jeans (PBJ's. Samuarai's,) before wearing them. And then I heard different things about LVC's. Some say they should be worn for 2-3 months before the initial soak/wash, some say they should be soaked first. So I am a bit confused here. I did size up 2 for the 47's and the 37's. So should I soaked before wearing or break them in for 2-3 months before the 1st soak?

Thanks

Airfrog here wears them before soaking, but most people here soak first. One common approach is to soak for 20 minutes or so, this gets 65% of the shrinking out of the way, and keeps much of the crispness, but gets rid of a lot of the sizing that can cause broken threads.

Lots of people say you have to shrink becuase the wear lines move - actually, they don't move that much. Much more significant is tthat without a soak they simply look too big!

Airfrog here wears them before soaking, but most people here soak first. One common approach is to soak for 20 minutes or so, this gets 65% of the shrinking out of the way, and keeps much of the crispness, but gets rid of a lot of the sizing that can cause broken threads.

Lots of people say you have to shrink becuase the wear lines move - actually, they don't move that much. Much more significant is tthat without a soak they simply look too big!

Thanks very for the advice. And from your experience, how much do they stretch out, say after 2 months of wear? My PBJ's stretched out quite a bit while my Samurai's didn't stretch out that much. I remember back in the days when I was wearing the regular STF 501's, they streched out a lot.

Thanks

I've done it both ways and prefer to wait 6 or so months before the first soak.

Got a pair of '44's yesterday. I got lucky. Last pair in the store, untouched, packed together in some plastic thing with a vintage t-shirt. Soaked them, put them on, went and bought a Dr. Pepper. I'm hella exhilarated about these pants, boyz n gurlz. They fit me like a Hammer, a Hammer with a capital H. Mjölner.

And two pix of the '47's I've had for about a year.

Jeans look great on ya.

Figure I'll ask the experts here:

How should I size these:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p125_Levi-acute-s-reg--BIG-E-1966-501-JEANS-RIGID.html

I wear a 31 or 32 should I size up +2 or are these sanforized I plan on wearing without washing for at least 4 months. So should I pick up my size? Or still still size up, give Levis shrink at least 2 sizes. Should I use the same formula as the 47?

Thanks.

The movie "All the pretty horses" has been playing on HBO or Skinemax lately has anybody seen it? I figure they must be wearing LVC jeans in it. They look more like '55's than '47's that the main characters are wearing. It's set in the late 1940's if you haven't seen it. A terrific movie directed by Billy Bob Thorton. It also features great vintage style shirts and denim jackets. An LVC fan must see.

Guest Arcarsenal

Here's a question: Is there a place where I can find decent resolution scans/pictures of back pocket inserts or ads for LVC or vintage Levi's? I'm doing a cutout animation for a class where the goal is to promote a company in an organic/green way.

My idea is to combine images from the distressed denim thread with slightly animated vintage ads to make a sort of animated "scrap book". I have some wonderful still images of workear and Levis but I'm struggling to find any decent ads.

I just got the japanese magazine "Lightening"'s latest big denim issue and it has some vintage Levi's that it describes as "501xxs" does anybody know what the "s" stands for?

the 501XXS was a factory second, from the late 60s. The S stand for 'satisfactory' IIRC. Not to be confused with the S501XX, the wartime 501.