Levi's Vintage Clothing

Entertainment- where'd you get that story about Sutro tower's spires? I like it.

My sister, who used to live in the Marina, told me that story. This could all be urban legend, but the story was that having a view of the tower from a building was considered bad feng shui because the three masts of the tower were like the three horns of a devil.

p1050269n.jpg

p1050268.jpg

Pretty freak'n nice Paul and without the braces this time. So the 1 inch buckle is working out pretty nice? I hope that my Knappaves turn out as cool.

Grant that herc is really cool. Love the grain. I think its quite alright to post that photo here/ Maybe you could post a couple of your flight jackets here to ? (hint, hint)

I ♥ the homerun t, pic please.

We've just been knocked out of the World Cup, so I have a little time :(

I picked it up on eBay for not a lot of money, as the dude didn't put LVC in his title, and it was missed by LVC fans! Yippeeee!!!

Homerun2.jpg

Homerun1.jpg

Edit: crownzip- the pants seem to be made from the same Cone duck LVC used for this last batch of 1873 pants and the duck jumper. It really is a fantastic color. Pretty comfortable, too.

Pray tell us a little more! :)

The 44s look to be an absolute highlight of the new range.

A few years ago the 44 denim looked much like the 33, a kind of royal blue, but just about all of them on the cultizm competition look great to me.THe greyness of your 'true to color' photo has a real feel of the original.

Sure wish they'd improve pocket fabric, though. Second pocket lining has just started splitting on my 1901.

Oh, and Sympathy - thanks for the sympathy!

Yes, it will say on the tag, something like 0809, or s309, I have a pic somewhere, will look it out later and add it to this post.

will post a pic of the tag soon...then you guys can tell from what season it is, cuz no of these # are up there...:confused:

painted in my 47s yesterday and paint all over them....

so i took em home and rubbed out most of the paint and gave em a soak

only to have them come out super blotchy and retarded looking.

they look fookin terrible and are semi- ruined.

glass-case-of-emotion-o.gif

sorry just venting

Sad to hear, and I know what you are talking about. I've had crusty shit get

on my denim. If you pick at it too much you will rub some indigo off, only to realize what you did after a rinse.

Roy, here's a couple photos of an early 40's horsehide Hercules half belt work jacket. Sorry if this is off topic for LVC.

jacketfrontI.jpg

jacketbackI.jpg

Thanks crownzip, that looks beautiful. And no, not off topic at all, I don't think. It's always interesting to see the original/inspiration models for reproduced stuff, especially with the LVC jackets, which in several cases seem to be based on non-Levi's originals.

I've seen Hercules jackets and also some from Californian that look very similar to this model. Maybe it was a common style in the '30s and '40s? I've yet to see an original Levi's jacket that fits this mold, but presumably they made a very similar version too.

I wonder if some of their reproduced jackets are from companies that started of as independents but were bought by Levi's. I think Menlo was it's own entity at first and got bought? There is also the "scorched up" '70s jacket that is based directly on an East/West Musical Instruments jacket. I wonder if Levi's bought the rights to the design at some point and made their own version?

p.s. I'll put details of the pants up in the "post your ducks" thread presently.

Roy, here's a couple photos of an early 40's horsehide Hercules half belt work jacket. Sorry if this is off topic for LVC.

jacketfrontI.jpg

jacketbackI.jpg

Needs more wear... why don't you give it to me for about 20 years and I'll break it more in for you....

sweet jacket

Cheap, agree with you about the thinner weight '33's being durable. I've had mine for over five years and they've worn very well only starting to tear where I've cuffed them.

so, my 33s never shrank. they were a couple inches oversized. they seemed thin to me too, and i felt they would be prone to quick tearing. one year later and they look great and have worn even better, tho they are a little baggy. perfect for construction work in the florida summer.

pics as soon as i get a chance.