Levi's Vintage Clothing

In then some things within the later years have been very good like the 20s 201s (last years model) the 1905 209 coveralls, the 55s I have from years back are really nice and the 1911 333s are all excellent. I have a pair of 1933s from 2000 I think 555 and to lazy to go check the leg tag and they are very nice. My 20s 201s are 555s to. I would hold the 1917s up to any LVC...

I can understand the disappointment in some of LVC's problems but when you get down to the bottom line I'm glad they are doing it. There's always hope for better in the future if they keep trying but to see Levi completely out of reproducing their classic jeans (imho) would suck.

Seeing LVC unavailable in US retail is scary to me.

Hey yall. I hope someone can help me date my new jacket.

It's a Levi's Type 2 (Big 'E'). The numbers '526' are stamped on the back of the buttons. There's a paper patch with the numbers '70505 0217.' It has a polyester garment care tag under that. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Hey yall. I hope someone can help me date my new jacket.

It's a Levi's Type 2 (Big 'E'). The numbers '526' are stamped on the back of the buttons. There's a paper patch with the numbers '70505 0217.' It has a polyester garment care tag under that. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

I doubt it's a type 2... sounds more like a type 3

i figure that's a really long inseam? 38 perhaps? the problem LVCs for me (specially those made in US) are the long inseams which for the average 5' 7" asian male like myself is just much too long...and i always hate having to hem an otherwise perfect pair of denim. seems like only Japan LVC produce shorter inseams - or am i wrong?

Yes that what those are from.

i figure that's a really long inseam? 38 perhaps? the problem LVCs for me (specially those made in US) are the long inseams which for the average 5' 7" asian male like myself is just much too long...and i always hate having to hem an otherwise perfect pair of denim. seems like only Japan LVC produce shorter inseams - or am i wrong?

IMG_6878.jpg

But these will probably shrink 3 inches in length,

I know this belongs in the small questions thread, but I figured you guys would have a more accurate answer to my inquiry. The SQT thread is full of inadequate posters.

Are LVC jeans Sanforized? I remember seeing in a few places online saying they were. When I bought my 1947's, there was no indicator on the tag or attached booklet telling me so. Additionally, they did shrink quite a bit.

I know this belongs in the small questions thread, but I figured you guys would have a more accurate answer to my inquiry. The SQT thread is full of inadequate posters.

Are LVC jeans Sanforized? I remember seeing in a few places online saying they were. When I bought my 1947's, there was no indicator on the tag or attached booklet telling me so. Additionally, they did shrink quite a bit.

The 1947 are not Sanforized, however the 1967 505 is Sanforized.