A.P.C.

jeepster

Well I decided to go for it and soak them. I put them in a bucked with some cold, crystal clear water for about 30 minutes. When I removed them, this is what I found.

img0562aj.jpg

:eek:I was expecting sky blue and I got piss yellow. Totally gross. Funny thing is my jeans didn't smell bad.

my god. that is disgusting.

Kidcoins.. I don't know what your way of doing things is, but I wear one pair of pants (my jeans) for everything.. Accept for when I need to wear a suit. Once I get my jeans destroyed beyond being wearable everywhere they turn into dedicated 'dirty job' jeans, and then I purchase a new everyday jean.

Some people just can't stand to be restricted to one or two jeans, but this seems like the most cost effective/wear effective way to wear raw denim. So, those look like some nice creases have formed, but if you aren't wearing them.. well.. wear a different pair- find ones you don't want to take off. My 3 cents.

this is a re-compilation, I changed some of the image urls so the original thread post broke.

APC English, purchased Sep 2005

worn for 2 years, pre-wash

apc0wash_front.jpg

apc0wash_rear.jpg

after the first wash

apc1wash_front.jpg

apc1wash_rear.jpg

add another 8 months or so, another wash

apc2yrsfr.jpg

apc2yrsbk.jpg

Add another year or so, with flash

apc_dryhump.jpg

Nice even wear tarmac. Very much a 'lived in' jean.

nice one Tarmac, how do you prevent the crotch blowout after many years? it's kinda the only thing i hate about raw denim as almost everybody has this problem

There's two main culprits behind blowouts, which are the tightness of the jean and the shallowness of the crotch. APC's cuts don't seem to have a problem with the latter, and I doubt you could wear the English fit tight enough for the former.

Construction is a third devious little bastard but I don't think that's relevant to APC.

it is nice but im surprised there isn't more fading for how long you've had them ... they look amazing don't get me wrong, just doesn't look like 2 years of wear..

I wore them almost everyday for 2 years, then in 2007 I got a pair of 634S and 101B, after that I only wore the APC occasionally. These days I barely wear them. So in reality they have about 3 years of wear on them, and I am definitely not hard on my jeans, I don't go spelunking, beach-bathing, 100-mile bike riding like other Sufus

There's two main culprits behind blowouts, which are the tightness of the jean and the shallowness of the crotch. APC's cuts don't seem to have a problem with the latter, and I doubt you could wear the English fit tight enough for the former.

Construction is a third devious little bastard but I don't think that's relevant to APC.

Yeah, basically. Though they are pretty tight when crispy new, English are not that tight overall. Also after the first rinse all the starch runs off and they get mad light, almost loose.

So i just received my first pair of APC NS. Theyre amazing, the denim is very high quality, the color is great, and I like the fit. But damn these are stiff!

the only knock on them is that they are way too long. Im going to need to get these hemmed by atleast 4 inches. do I need to wait until they stretch? or until after the first wash?

So i just received my first pair of APC NS. Theyre amazing, the denim is very high quality, the color is great, and I like the fit. But damn these are stiff!

the only knock on them is that they are way too long. Im going to need to get these hemmed by atleast 4 inches. do I need to wait until they stretch? or until after the first wash?

I wore mine for about 26 times before I got it hemmed.

I know mines to, hate being short :( always have to get my

jeans hemmed lol

How should I go about washing my NS?

Beside "cleaning/sanitizing" what effect does wash and soak have on the color contrast as well as retaining fades (whiskers, honey combs, stacks etc).

I'll post up pictures of my beloved 13month old jawwns before and after.

Edit: I just went ahead and washed 'em.

I've noticed that the frontal view shows my button fade, are those common since i rarely see them.

Before:

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

Guest eugen eugen

yeah the original cures seem to be back!!

how should i size with them? the 19cm are cut like them right?

think ill order a pair.. any fit pics of them or comments?

yeah the original cures seem to be back!!

how should i size with them? the 19cm are cut like them right?

think ill order a pair.. any fit pics of them or comments?

seems to me both nc and the cures fit quite similar to the 19cm, just tt the nc tapers more. i prolly size 2-3 dwn on cures for a 19cm fit. just one on em is def nt safe enuff since apc stretches alot.

@FIENDnomenal, love those honeycombs- really great shape. The button fade isn't all too common, pretty neat in my opinion.

@qcqc, are you having any problems with fit? As in, are they too loose? If so, you may consider selling them and getting a different size. APC's are sanforized, and being so they don't shrink a ton. Soaking is usually done to soften up extra heavy unsanforized denim, APC being neither of those. As always, I suggest a second opinion. ;)

Oh, and if they fit nicely, I say wear them- and don't you dare not wear them for the next (minimum) six months. :)