Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Isn't the 12 also a BiG exclusive currently?

The x13 was a BIG exclusive but now available to other retailers. The x12 was never an exclusive. They make so few pairs that it feels that way. I missed out on the first run but have my order in for the next one whenever that may be.

Just to follow up to my own question... I spoke to the helpful folks at BiG. It definitely sounds like after the post-soak, there is some stretch and that the 31" would be my correct size. Obviously who knows when the next production run will come in, but they will call whenever that happens. At least with summer here, I am wearing shorts most of the time anyhow ;)

Edited by onehotchili

Any update on these, or anyone with purple face?

ayeeeeee, i wish.. i sold those half a year ago. there's a 3-mo evo pic in this thread as well as evo thread

depending on thigh measurements, TTS for slim-mish or SD1 for slimmer

Okay... Well, I've narrowed down what I want. I'm looking into the XX-012, unwashed (raw)

The measurements of my reference pair are (Momo 0701)

Waist: 29.5"

Front Rise: 9,25"

Back Rise: 14"

Thigh: 10" (Though this is borderline, should not be any tighter, rather 0.25" bigger)

Knee: 7,7"

Leg Opening: 6,9"

Assuming the denim will stretch, should I take the gamble on the size 28 raw. Or take the 29.

Normally I'm not into these questions, doing my own research etc. But a lot of you guys seem to have a tapered fit (shout out to Kenzie, Cander, etc.) Some first hand experience would be nice.

If you were going with the 011s, I'd recommend a size 29 raw, which is what I had and I love those jeans. However, I'm not sure how much stretch the 007/012 denim has (anyone with experience should chime in now). If you're ordering from BiG and don't mind incurring some extra costs, you can order one size in one wash and see how it fits, then exchange for a raw pair accordingly. That could cost around $20 extra though.

I remeasured the waist of both my Momo 0701 and 0702 and I just realised my real waist is somewhat between 29 and 30, the 0702 being a better fit in the topblock, which measures a tad over 30 (sanforized).

I always thought my waist was more towards 29 and almost decided to get some XX-007's in 28 (raw). The waist might have fit, but the thighs would be even smaller than on my 0701's, so I went with the 29's.

Hope it turns out good.

I remeasured the waist of both my Momo 0701 and 0702 and I just realised my real waist is somewhat between 29 and 30, the 0702 being a better fit in the topblock, which measures a tad over 30 (sanforized).

I always thought my waist was more towards 29 and almost decided to get some XX-007's in 28 (raw). The waist might have fit, but the thighs would be even smaller than on my 0701's, so I went with the 29's.

Hey M1stral,

if this can help, I own both some momos 007-2RB (sanforized) and pbj XX-005 (raw) in size 29. From what I can see on BlueOwl, Big and the PBJ website, the measurements are almost identical to a pair of momo 702 and pbj XX-007. The pbj XX-007 even seems to be a bit bigger in the waist than the XX-005 if you look at accurate "cm" measures on pbj website.

Well I can tell you I had a hard time getting the momos to my actual waist size but now they fit perfectly. But the pbj, bought raw size 29, I can't wear them without a belt after 9 months in, especially if I have my wallet in the back pocket. I would have bought them in size 28 if I had known how much they stretch. They stretch more than pre-soak size after a couple weeks. I just measured the waist of my pbj pair and it's 80cm. 

I guess It depends how you want to wear them.

Edited by vgadjo

Hey M1stral,

if this can help, I own both some momos 007-2RB (sanforized) and pbj XX-005 (raw) in size 29. From what I can see on BlueOwl, Big and the PBJ website, the measurements are almost identical to a pair of momo 702 and pbj XX-007. The pbj XX-007 even seems to be a bit bigger in the waist than the XX-005 if you look at accurate "cm" measures on pbj website.

Well I can tell you I had a hard time getting the momos to my actual waist size but now they fit perfectly. But the pbj, bought raw size 29, I can't wear them without a belt after 9 months in, especially if I have my wallet in the back pocket. I would have bought them in size 28 if I had known how much they stretch. They stretch more than pre-soak size after a couple weeks. I just measured the waist of my pbj pair and it's 80cm. 

I guess It depends how you want to wear them.

Thanks for chiming in.

I realised that the thigh on a size 28 would become really small. After all shrinkage was gone I probably didn't fit into them.

Stukovx, gilang, if you guys are reading this thread. How did you size the XX-007? After vgadjo's post I'm doubting... 28 or 29. The thighs on the 28's are the same as my Momo's and might stretch a bit after they fully shrank.

Don't know about the waist though. I want them to fit slim. I doubt the waist will stretch 3 inches from fully shrinking, haha.

'not Stukovx, nor gilang, but i'm with willrh1_ 29 should be the slimmest you'd get on this cut.  

fact,  fabric's got stretch & i've known peeps to SD2 on larger sizes [ie, W34+] cuz there's more fabric/material to work with. but,  for smaller sizes  SD1 should be max, imo.

here's a fit sample of TTS @W33 

pbjFITx2wsh.jpg

I'd go for the 29 raw M1stral
Edited by BrownMetallic

I've made up my mind. It will be a size 29. They eventually will see the inside of a washing machine, don't want to risk that I have to be in pain each time I try to stretch them, and since they are fairly low rised, they can sit on my hips, instead of hugging nuts.

Oh and IIIrd, thanks for the insight. Fitpic was great reference.

Edited by M1stral